GDT: Game 2: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 10/11 7PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
Rob Mixer
‏@RobMixer
Interesting. #CBJ RT @TheCoachUB: Kreider might see a suspension. Left the bench to instigate a fight is an automatic 10 games.

Did anyone see this? I was at the game so I never saw a replay of how the Skille-Kreider fight began, but this would be a huge blow to the Rangers

I swear I saw that too. Of course nothing happens to a Raggie player. Do you think the BJ's or Isles players would get away with that?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We finally get skilled players to step up and we immediately want to trade them. How did the tweener for one player work out last time? Oh yeah he's not on the team anymore. And the players we got in a 4 for 1 trade are better then the one player we sent. I really don't see why people want to trade away multiple kids for one player. Until Dubi and Jenner come back at least. I just really don't see the need to trade..

Agreed. The team made it to the playoffs last year without Horton. He was essentially like a deadline pickup because if when he joined the lineup. They can do it again without messing with the formula. They even seem to have much greater depth with Wennberg and Dano.

Unless the wheels completely fall off, don't do anything until they think they need to and then use the available cap space to pick up something at the deadline. Early indications are the current players are doing more than enough to hold down the fort until Dubinsky and Jenner get back in the lineup.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Great game, they seem to really clicking. How does Rimer still have a job? At first he was gushing over Wennberg's first goal, only to correct that he had the assist, in which he had neither! Then he somehow confused the crowd chanting CBJ with Defense.

Thing we could sign Buccigross to a similar deal the Flyers have with Keith Jones (Flyers & NBCSN)?

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
With the preseason and the start of the year they've had, all 3's value is at an all time high. We could probably get Eberle/Perron and a 2nd for all 3 "middle-6 tweeners".

NO he's just as good as he's always been. He's been in and out of the lineup the past year and a half. When he's been in he's never been close to healthy. All you guys who talk **** about him have literally just forgotten how valuable he can be.

We had ****** teams a few years ago. THAT is why we lost games. Not because Boll was getting regular shifts back then.

Boll is what he is. A physical energy player, who drops the mitts. Has value when playing a bigger team. The thing I saw last night was if he even had marginal hands, he would have scored two goals last night.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Boll is what he is. A physical energy player, who drops the mitts. Has value when playing a bigger team. The thing I saw last night was if he even had marginal hands, he would have scored two goals last night.

You and I watched the same game because I feel the same way.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I like Buccigross in studio, but I've never heard him call a game. I know it's time to put Rimer out to pasture, but is Buccigross the best out there?

He definitely knows the game and is extremely passionate, but his inflection can get really odd when the puck is around the net. It sounds less like a commentator and more like a player's father in the stands keeping a running play-by-play; it sounds more like the words should be "Ooh, you almost had it there champ! Go get 'em next time!"

Starting at 1:24 and going to 1:34 is basically what I'm talking about.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I like Buccigross in studio, but I've never heard him call a game. I know it's time to put Rimer out to pasture, but is Buccigross the best out there?

I've been dreaming of Bucci as the play-by-play guy for the Jackets for 5-6 years now. I see what Mayor's saying, but it doesn't bother me that much.

I would give this personnel move 4 Foligno-Bobrovsky hugs out of 5.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I know he's the favorite. Whipping boy, but I thought Boll was outstanding tonight. He was particularly good on subtle, simple puck plays - better than I've ever seen him.

I think he's been good in both games actually. He rarely gives the puck away. Not sure why everyone always takes shots at him on here.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Don't know who else would be "available," but Bucci is an Ohio guy and I think he was offered some sort of position with the team back in 2000 but turned it down.

He has called the NCAA Frozen Four games and other college hockey games in recent years, so he has P-b-P experience. Don't know his schedule at ESPN, so a split with FSO and ESPN might not be possible. Maybe NBSCN lets Jones do the Flyers games because they're not on every night, but ESPN could have some kind of non-compete or something.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Don't know who else would be "available," but Bucci is an Ohio guy and I think he was offered some sort of position with the team back in 2000 but turned it down.

He has called the NCAA Frozen Four games and other college hockey games in recent years, so he has P-b-P experience. Don't know his schedule at ESPN, so a split with FSO and ESPN might not be possible. Maybe NBSCN lets Jones do the Flyers games because they're not on every night, but ESPN could have some kind of non-compete or something.

NBCSN, the Flyers and Comcast SportsNet all have the same ownership.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm going to the opener (my first game in 5+ years) and I'm really hoping one of Milano or Bjorkstrand at least gets a few games to start the season. Hoping for a big W to start the season off right!

Maybe for once us jacket fans will get extremely lucky and have Bjorkstrand pull a Boone Jenner and earn a spot on the 1st line out of camp! :laugh: :laugh:

*wakes up from dream, excited yet slightly disappointed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad