GDT: Game 2: Blues at Predators 1/21/13 at 5:00 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
I’m not saying absolutely this will be a close game, but I do think it should.

I just don't want a three point game.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Hopefully Chris Stewart will continue to prove me wrong that the only thing wrong with his game last year was 20 extra lbs. I'm a doubter who would love to be silenced on this.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I'm interested to see what the Blues can do against an actual NHL PK unit. Really just to see how they do against the Preds D in general.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Hopefully Chris Stewart will continue to prove me wrong that the only thing wrong with his game last year was 20 extra lbs. I'm a doubter who would love to be silenced on this.

Right or wrong, like you've said, we're still going to have a difficult situation in the off-season...Unless he's dealt beforehand.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I'm predicting another shut-out for Halak. 3-0 STL.

Do the Blues still have the rule that if the goalie gets the shutout he gets the next start? Elliot in Chicago scares the bejeezus out of me...he hasn't looked so sharp in practice. Maybe if Jaro keeps slamming the door, we won't have to worry about Elliot playing.

(Though I doubt that reward-system is in place with the condensed schedule)

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Right or wrong, like you've said, we're still going to have a difficult situation in the off-season...Unless he's dealt beforehand.

Yeah there's basically two axes of discussion on Stewart, independent from each other. One, can Stewart succeed on the Blues as they are built under Hitchcock? I want to be wrong about this. And if he keeps it up, I will be. Two, what are the implications of Stewart's 2013 performance for his next contract considering the Blues will pretty much be in the low-middle end of the spectrum on payroll (unless they routinely go 3 & 4 playoff rounds for awhile)? This one is a whole separate discussion.

Note: I'm just responding to Carvin but we should probably have this discussion (if anyone plans to respond) in another thread, not the GDT. "Blues Trade Proposals 3" has had some recent discussion.

BergMan

Mar 31, 2009
Brooklyn
I'm looking forward to seeing how Tarasenko plays when the entire stadium isn't on his side lol.

EDIT: We need Oshie, Stewart, and Tarasenko to have big games again. Left wingers are held in check by Weber most of the time.

Luckily he can't play against three lines all night :nod:

Use the Schwartz*

Pumped for the early start and to see how the guys play after last game. See if they can keep the pace.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Not if he fits well into Hitch's system this whole 48-game season, and he scores a lot of goals, playing decent defence, and being consistent 9instead of streaky). Then we give him a decent contract to stay with the team. He can then, always be traded in one or two years, if necessary. But it might be nicer for him to stay 5 more years as a consistent 30-goal scorer (IF it happens).

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Solid start, but Steen HAS to be better on draws. You can't afford to be losing draws to LA, Chicago, Vancouver, and San Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad