GDT: Game 2: Blues at Predators 1/21/13 at 5:00 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
Win or loss the best part of this game will be the distinct lack of those god awful tootoo whistles coming from the crowd.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Halak is 7-3-3 with .934% save percentage and a goals against of 1.71 vs Nashville.

Rinne is 12-6-3 with .934% save percentage and a goals against of 1.90 vs St. Louis.

Going out on a limb and say its a low-scoring affair.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing Langs play tonight and Reaves tomorrow vs the Hawks.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
blues win 4-1 goals by shatty, steen, berglund and Cole. Halak plays stellar in net. But gives up a bomb by weber. goin with some unsung heroes for the note

jimmykay

Nov 15, 2011
One game into the season, anything could happen. Do the Blues slump? Do the Preds bounce back? A one game sample is too small to project anything from.

The score is just as likely to be 5-0 as it is 0-0 or even 5-5

But my money is on a close, lower scoring game.

Maya Blue

Jan 17, 2013
Win or loss the best part of this game will be the distinct lack of those god awful tootoo whistles coming from the crowd.

Thanks god for that. Although seeing that d-bag try to take out Tarasenko the other night makes me think that he will not last much longer in this league.

As for tonight, as long as they keep up the pressure they did on Saturday we should be good. I was amazed at how good we came out Saturday. It's like they had been playing 30 games so far.

OhNoLookOutRUN

Jun 29, 2010
Ferg
I'd wish you guys luck, but...well let's just hope for no injuries.

A sentiment we can all agree on (especially now with Tootoo in Detroit. Seriously, **** that guy). Here's to a clean game.

I hope these teams troll us and we see twelve goals scored tonight.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Brian McGrattan but he's scratched most of the time. I'd wish you guys luck, but...well let's just hope for no injuries. I am not bullish on our chances tonight.

Funny, I posted basically the same thing on Detroit's board Saturday...Except I was kind of lying. :laugh:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
3-2 shootout win for the Blues.

Tarasenko nabs a goal and an assist, both on the powerplay.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm going to go with 4-1. Tarasenko, Stewart, Russell and McDonald with an empty-net goal to finish it off. Love having an early game.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I don't think it'll be that low scoring. Teams are still a little sloppy. Not going to predict a score but I think later in the season is when STL-NSH games will revert to their low scoring norm.

And yes, thank god for no obnoxious Tootoo whistles.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Nashville may have lost Suter but this Roman Josi kid who replaces him is gonna be good. Nashville and Chicago will be the main rivals for the division title this year. Big week this early in the season with three games in four days against them.

I really like Josi. Very solid player.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I went to sleep early last night. But, unfortunately, I didn't have a "premonition" dream about the upcoming Blues' game the way I did about The Blues' Detroit game.

But I'll make my guess about the outcome, anyway. I think that The Blues will win 3-1. I'd like to see a goal from the defence (on the PP), and goals from Perron and Steen. I'd like to see a solid, poised and confident great game from Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad