GDT: [Game 2] April 15: Flames @ Ducks - 8:30pm MT (TV: CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
1 5-on-5 goal in the last two games.
Not gonna cut it.

Every good 5-on-5 cycle ends up on Deryk Engelland or Matt Bartkowski's stick.

Why the **** are these tools out there every shift?

Because neither the first or second lines can gain the zone to save their lives. Outside of both second periods in the series, our top two lines have been ass.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think this loss hurts more than if we were to get blown out. At least if it was 6-1 or something, I'd become numb to it during the game but this one is gonna take a while to get over, especially if game 3 goes to the Ducks

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
killed em.They haven't played anywhere near 60 min yet and would be down 0-2 to anyone else in the league (playoff team or not).
real tough one to swallow especially w the cheeky gwg from the soul of e.honda. I'm numb and fully expected this result. Ducks in 5 was always a 90% result to me, but hoped somehow we would win one of the first two and make them sweat a bit. I look forward to trouncing them in game 3.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I really feel for you guys.

Flames were playing as well as any team in the NHL after the Super Bowl weekend, 10 game streak, all that.... yet the Hockey Gods decide no Battle of Alberta or even Chicago/Minnesota. And the one team that seems to be their bugaboo.

I seriously think the Flames drew the unfairly shortest straw possible.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I don't have a lot of words for what I watched tonight. Amazing game until the last five minutes when all of a sudden it was the regular season again.

Whatever. Play the way they did tonight in game 3 and we beat these losers 100% of the time. This series isn't over.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
On the bright side, we'll always have this gif.

giphy.gif

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
So rattled. How the ****?

The no goal call was meh (I personally think it should have counted, but no use dwelling on it) then the GWG going in the way it did.

It's cliche, but this is one of the few times it fits. Just didn't get the bounces, and the Ducks did.

I'm not sure the Ducks are happy with they way they have played the last two games, but obviously happy with the result.

I can't believe the luck we have at the Honda Centre. Garbage.

Oh well, I know this post didn't really have much meaning or use, but I needed to vent.

Hopefully we go back to ANA tied at deuces!

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
I thought Boums was pretty good tonight, he was really playing physical.

Agreed I thought he was good, but doesn't seem like he can buy a goal right now. Lazar on the other hand would be going into the game with the most confidence and swagger he's ever had.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Should we make any lineup changes? I wanna see Lazar in for Bouma or chaisson.

Chiasson was excellent. Bouma was fine. If we had to take anyone out, I wouldn't lose any sleep if Brouwer was in the pressbox for the rest of the series (he just hasn't really been noticeable at all).

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
brouwer won't be scratched, but would be my choice. Lazar likely won't play a game. Frustrating , just like this incomprehensible curse.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The Flames are done in my opinion. I don't see any way they take 4 out of 5, they really needed to split these 2 games. Another poor start and undisciplined play cost them again.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Chiasson was excellent. Bouma was fine. If we had to take anyone out, I wouldn't lose any sleep if Brouwer was in the pressbox for the rest of the series (he just hasn't really been noticeable at all).
if you didn't notice Brouwer tonight you weren't paying enough attention.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Ive had an Oregon ducks hat for about 10 years and I have a feeling that it has something to do with this curse. I don't want to burn it but I might do it.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
if you didn't notice Brouwer tonight you weren't paying enough attention.

Yeah, Brouwer was pretty good today. Some bad puck management here and there as usual but he made some nice passes and played well defensively.

I kinda wish Stajan is replaced by Lazar. That 4th line is too slow on the forecheck and Stajan hasn't been that good on the PK. The Bouma-Stajan pair is our weakest PK unit and it needs some footspeed and agility that Lazar can bring.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, Brouwer was pretty good today. Some bad puck management here and there as usual but he made some nice passes and played well defensively.

I kinda wish Stajan is replaced by Lazar. That 4th line is too slow on the forecheck and Stajan hasn't been that good on the PK. The Bouma-Stajan pair is our weakest PK unit and it needs some footspeed and agility that Lazar can bring.
Stajan is our #3 penalty killer, it would be a mistake to take him out of the line-up. Honestly the only player that deserves to be sat is Hamilton and that'd mean Wideman

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Okay so I have been thinking.

I think we have been the better team through 2 games. I think our undisciplined play has completely ****ed us over. That said, it does leave me with a glimmer of hope. If the Flames can stay out of the box I think they can win game 3, then if they can carry it over to game 4 it's a whole new ball game. Should the Flames pull their heads out of their ass and win games 3 and 4, then I actually like our chances. Carrying that momentum into game 5 I think would put the Flames in a good position to take the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille