GDT: [Game 2] April 15: Flames @ Ducks - 8:30pm MT (TV: CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Dominate most of the game and lose because of a fluke goal.

Just Honda Center things.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
THE SERIES IS NOT OVER UNTIL THE FLAMES LOSE AT HOME

Win 3 and 4, which they will, because they've outplayed the ducks over both games and it's a best of 3

They have 0 momentum heading home. Could we win both at home? Maybe. I'm not confident at this point based on what we have seen. Elliott needs to not allow a weak goal 5 minutes into a game for once.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Stupid penalties and 2 early muffins cost us the game. We've been the better team through two and have **** all to show for it.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
could have easily given kesler 2 for embellishment

but nah **** that

Easily?

That is the textbook definition of a dive/embellishment.

It's Ryan Kesler refs, of course he is diving, call him out for ****s sake. And while people can say Brodie shouldn't have done it, the refs were letting a ton of cross checks and rough stuff go all game, then decide to call a penalty with 2:30 left.

Even the Hamilton play, while a legit penalty was so minimal after having some other stuff being let go.

I blame this loss solely on the Honda Center though, more fluke goals that end up costing us the game.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
1)Cant win at the Honda without Elliott standing on his head and he was barely standing

2)Dougie Hamilton is mentally soft. Too bad with all his talent.

I smell a 10 game winning steak coming....lol

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He was one of the best Flames this game

Has totally lost his clutch factor. Used to able to count on him to put away breakaways, empty nets, or other important goals. He could very well have been our best player but he's a shadow of the player he was last season

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Winning the next two at home isn't impossible but I haven't liked what I've seen these first two. Ducks are just physically stronger. Seem to outmuscle us a lot along the boards. Their domination in faceoffs is hurting us bad too.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Easily?

It's Ryan Kesler refs, of course he is diving, call him out for ****s sake. And while people can say Brodie shouldn't have done it, the refs were letting a ton of cross checks and rough stuff go all game, then decide to call a penalty with 2:30 left.

Even the Hamilton play, while a legit penalty was so minimal after having some other stuff being let go.

I blame this loss solely on the Honda Center though, more fluke goals that end up costing us the game.

Who cares if it's "weak"! The Flames know they will be ****ing called tight. No ****ing need to take the risk!! Just don't hold the stick. Just don't take the extra ****ing shot. It's that ****ing simple. There is no one to blame but those two ****ing idiots. NO ONE ELSE.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Easily?

A duck was legitimately draped on him on the entire attack rush with no call. Only to have the zebras call an inconsequential stick hold at centre ice after Perry interferes with him.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Has totally lost his clutch factor. Used to able to count on him to put away breakaways, empty nets, or other important goals. He could very well have been our best player but he's a shadow of the player he was last season

Has Johnny always been a pass first guy? I don't remember him always looking to pass off. I can't believe what I saw in the last minute with the spinarama pass all alone in front of the net.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

His ego was way high coming to the season. Must be hurting now...may be that is a good thing

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Like I said last game. There is zero chance The refs will let Wideman have his name on the cup. This year is a right off.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
So many bone-headed, idiotic, amateur plays that cost us a game we could've won.

Just absolutely ****ing stupid penalties taken by Hamilton and Brodie to basically ruin the game.
Even when we are gifted a chance to tie it up, the player we need taking that chance flat out disappoints us like he has been disappointing in the big games.
Good goal disallowed because the League never gives us desired reviews.
And just because it's the Honda Center.

What a ****ing joke.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We earned the chance to win the game. Life sometimes throws a wrench in your plans.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Has Johnny always been a pass first guy? I don't remember him always looking to pass off. I can't believe what I saw in the last minute with the spinarama pass all alone in front of the net.

Idk why but he never shoots the goddamn puck anymore. Either his wrist is still bothering him or he's stupidly trying to go for a highlight reel play. I've had it with the amount of plays he's made a meal of.

Whatever. Regroup next season and hope to god the Ducks or Sharks oust the Oilers.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
A duck was legitimately draped on him on the entire attack rush with no call. Only to have the zebras call an inconsequential stick hold at centre ice after Perry interferes with him.

Exactly:handclap:That was interference by Perry and the refs should let it go if Hamilton interferes back. The Kesler penalty was a dive. ****ing refs always want to decide the game. We deserved better.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
1 5-on-5 goal in the last two games.
Not gonna cut it.

Every good 5-on-5 cycle ends up on Deryk Engelland or Matt Bartkowski's stick.

Why the **** are these tools out there every shift?

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Man this loss stings so much, my heart dropped to my stomach after that 3rd goal, as much as I want to be optimistic I don't see us winning 4 of the next 5, and with our luck right now we'd be lucky to get to game 5. This just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad