GDT: Game 2: Anaheim Ducks vs Carolina Hurricanes - 5:30 PT (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
There are bagel cutters?
b190c220a582201d7cd6ded75d03eeaa.gif

You'd have to modify it to get thirds though

Reactions: Ducks DVM

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good win, the third period was rough but certainly not helped out by some interesting officiating to help the momentum.

Said it after game 1 but again, seems like we have a legitimate second line. Vatrano-McTavish-Strome has looked really good, bringing Carlsson and Killorn into the third line potentially is a huge boost to our depth.

Mintyukov and LaCombe continue to look unbelievably good for their lack of NHL experience .

Maybe one negative is that the team is a little guilty of looking for the perfect pass a bit too much, sometimes just getting it on net is the way to go.

12 and 13 years ago......bloody hell.

Oct 18, 2011

Wow it’s our selfish locker room cancer pushing his coach at the 8:50 mark!!! We need to get rid of him!

Who has been calling Zegras a lockerroom cancer? What evidence is there of that even being remotely true? Is it because of his "hold out"

Being a restricted free agent means you aren't sign, it's not a real hold out like you see in the NFL

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Who has been calling Zegras a lockerroom cancer? What evidence is there of that even being remotely true? Is it because of his "hold out"

Being a restricted free agent means you aren't sign, it's not a real hold out like you see in the NFL
Other team fans. Every Ducks fan knows his teammates and coaches have nothing but great things to say about his character.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Good win, the third period was rough but certainly not helped out by some interesting officiating to help the momentum.

Said it after game 1 but again, seems like we have a legitimate second line. Vatrano-McTavish-Strome has looked really good, bringing Carlsson and Killorn into the third line potentially is a huge boost to our depth.

Mintyukov and LaCombe continue to look unbelievably good for their lack of NHL experience .

Maybe one negative is that the team is a little guilty of looking for the perfect pass a bit too much, sometimes just getting it on net is the way to go.

12 and 13 years ago......bloody hell.
The 10 year anniversary of the 20th anniversary game against the Sens when they wore the real MD jerseys hit me last night. Can’t believe that was a decade ago already, remember it like it was yesterday. Was interesting that Bobby scored in that game as well.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Watched half a game yesterday. WOW. We had some bite, we had the most dangerous chances, albeit their goalie let in some questionable goals, we totally deserved to be leading. We played aome nice hockey and the fams were super engaged, easilly lifted up the players as well, I'm sure

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks

The thread about his contract before he signed was full of remarks like this.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
At the game and I have not seen that environment in a long time. The impact of the coaching is dramatic IMO.

Good
Team was super Physical - Johnson Leason Lacomb Gudas Minty (which was awesome) made a huge impact. We are actually a big team, they just never played like a big team
Young D - Wow - Lacomb Minty and Drysdale going to be fun to watch for a while
Dostal - Saved a few great shots

Not so good
Fowler - Still plays too safe with the puck - Cant stand when he sits behind the net then makes a bad pass
Terry-Zegras-Rico - Looked out of sort and not very dangerous, Seemed to be playing with the puck too long or trying to make a great pass
Silf - just looks pretty slow
Jones - needs to step up a bit

When Lundestrom, Kilhorn and Carlson enter the fray, this team will be a bit less physical, but fun to watch.

I think he gets paralysis by analysis way too often, especially on PP where it just seems the little hamsters in his brain go into overdrive and start smoking. Maybe it's all those years where he was worn down by Randy.

His best asset is his skating, if he just takes 3 strides out from behind the net, he would draw the top forechecker to him and open up passing lanes.
When he shuts his brain off and just goes on instinct, that's when he becomes so much more effective, like on Vatrano's first goal where he led the rush and was driving the net when Frank shot the puck.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
NHL schedule makers trolled the hell out of the fanbase. Make them the last team to open and wait until Saturday for a back-to-back that the fans heavily anticipate, and then when they played well, make them wait until Thursday to see the team.

I guess it beats the alternative of them looking as shitty as they did last year and having the feeling of existential dread every time they dropped the puck.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
NHL schedule makers trolled the hell out of the fanbase. Make them the last team to open and wait until Saturday for a back-to-back that the fans heavily anticipate, and then when they played well, make them wait until Thursday to see the team.

I guess it beats the alternative of them looking as shitty as they did last year and having the feeling of existential dread every time they dropped the puck.

Both my teams are off for two days. May catch up on some movies/series today and tomorrow.

Best part is we have another back-to-back this weekend, with travel. lol.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Found out last night that I will not be getting a hockey spot in a vom this year despite requesting one. Honestly kinda pissed about it. Couldn't request one last year because I started only a few games into the 2021-22 season rather than working the full one, but was hopeful I'd get one this year. Oh well.
Are you one of the ticket takers?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

On the plus side, should be fewer games without Killorn and Carlsson

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Found out last night that I will not be getting a hockey spot in a vom this year despite requesting one. Honestly kinda pissed about it. Couldn't request one last year because I started only a few games into the 2021-22 season rather than working the full one, but was hopeful I'd get one this year. Oh well.
what's your usual spot? i have a friend in security for the new private club the players walk through and he said some ushers get stuck in the elevator their entire shift. that sounds miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad