GDT: Game #2: Anaheim Ducks @ Calgary Flames, 7:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Maybe our centers can play like linebackers and just rush the opposing centerman on the puck drop. :laugh:

Haha! I'm pretty sure Kerr said something along those lines last night. Btw props to everybody that continues to do our gdt's, they are always great and good for a couple laughs.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I hope Iginla or Glencross gets a shift with Backlund and Bart tonight. That line needs someone out there who can throw the body and create space. They were easily the best line last game.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I hope Iginla or Glencross gets a shift with Backlund and Bart tonight. That line needs someone out there who can throw the body and create space. They were easily the best line last game.

Hudler would be a perfect fit with them I think, too bad he likely isn't ready to go yet...get Glenx off the top line though. Totally ineffective there last night.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Who is going to the next player to get a ridiculous nickname after Kerr orgasms in his seat tonight?

What? Not a fan of this?

WhirlingStemps_zpsfdb7d1b1.png

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
It would suck to go 0-2 before heading to face a desperate Vancouver team.... I'm just hoping for a consistent effort tonight. Should win if that happens.

4 - 3 sounds about right.

Iginla, Iginla, Baertschi, Stajan.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Is it confirmed Brodie is in and Smith/Sarich is out? I haven't read or heard anything.

Brodie's not confirmed but many reporters are saying that he will be playing according to this mornings practice. Hartley won't confirm it yet.. Although Jones playing is a lock according to Steve Begin

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012

Agree.

#13 was useless, put him with Tangs. Iggy with Backs and Baer.

Could be good for everyone involved.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I would love to mix it up and play
Baertschi - Backlund - Iggy
Tanguay - Stajan - Cammy
Glencross - Horak - Stemps

but I really don't care as long as we win.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Chris Stewart is an RFA soon. Latendresse will be UFA. I'd like the Flames to try and acquire one of those two.

Then there's the jackpot of Getzlaf and Perry.

I can really really see Getzlaf signing here, and I wouldn't have a doubt that Feaster will be trying his hardest.

Was a fantastic Hitman.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I can really really see Getzlaf signing here, and I wouldn't have a doubt that Feaster will be trying his hardest.

Was a fantastic Hitman.

Why the **** would he sign here? Anaheim is atleast as good as we are and have better young pieces then we do. He may like Calgary but no way he signs here over other teams that will be looking at him as a #1 centermen.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Why the **** would he sign here? Anaheim is atleast as good as we are and have better young pieces then we do. He may like Calgary but no way he signs here over other teams that will be looking at him as a #1 centermen.

Brad Richards nearly signed with us... I would say that it isn't likely that Getzlaf would sign with Calgary, but to completely rule it out as a possibility is ludicrous.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Brad Richards nearly signed with us... I would say that it isn't likely that Getzlaf would sign with Calgary, but to completely rule it out as a possibility is ludicrous.

We offered more money and Iggy was 2 years younger then I think we look less attractive now then we did then. Unless we offer some ridiculous money I doubt he considers us especially when we all know that Toronto is going to throw more money than anyone at him and they are starting their up swing and will look much more attractive.

haQ Loob

Oct 31, 2006
Backlund will be the "Swede we Need!".

Baertschi will be the "The Swiss Who Can't Miss!".

Hudler the "Czech with no Neck!". Too soon?

I should stop. :laugh:

Hartley called Sven "our baby." Maybe "Baby Baer" for him. This Swiss is juuuuuuuuust right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad