GDT: Game 2: Anaheim Bathtubs @ Arizona Toasters | 10/6/18 6:00 p.m. PDT |FS-A

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
He’s an adult. Attending University of Michigan studying sports management.

Didn’t see what he tweeted and frankly I don’t care. I see plenty of examples of immaturity on that service from people 2-3x Jake’s age on an hourly basis.
1 person in particular?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think people are over-reacting to the boos. The fans were disappointed and frustrated. They paid their money and are entitled to boo. The players need to play better and the coaches need to coach better. As fans we only have two ways to hold them accountable, buying tickets and cheering/booing. The lovable loser won't cut it in AZ.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Let's give the paying fans a break. There aren't enough of us. They boo because they are invested in the team. The booing wasn't due to the lack of scoring. It was due to the Coyotes' imitation of the Keystone Cops routine during the 5 on 3 during the last minute of the game.

Reactions: Yandover

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Let's give the paying fans a break. There aren't enough of us. They boo because they are invested in the team. The booing wasn't due to the lack of scoring. It was due to the Coyotes' imitation of the Keystone Cops routine during the 5 on 3 during the last minute of the game.

Agreed if the game didn’t end on a failed 6 on 3 there is no booing

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Never boo your own team. Never.

The empty seats, were they spread out evenly in the hall, or was it more of the best seats being empty?

You fan in your way, and I'll boo them.

I paid money to watch that so in a convoluted way, I'm kind of their employer. My booing is feedback for their sub-par work. They need to hear that it isn't acceptable.

Large sections of seats in had no one in them. The upper Coyotes shoot once end was noticable.

Reactions: Lilhoody and RemoAZ

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I get booing if the team obviously intentionally folds or are tanking. I don't get booing 2 games into the season in a well played, hard fought game. I don't believe much good comes from fans booing their own team after a game this close. Might just be me being very swedish, though.
You clearly are not a fan of one of the bigger markets like Montreal. You boo to let the team know you care and are disappointed. If you're a baby and cant handle it then move on to something else.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
My Impression of the game:
I attended. It was not a sellout but it was well attended.
I argued with someone here before the season that our D was not that strong and I stand by that. It simply gives away too many clear cut chances. Too many breakdowns puts too much pressure on Raanta. While the YOtes outshot the Ducks it was the ducks that had three breakaways, scoring on one which was a partial break.
The last minute was a joke. Clearly Vinny cant handle that kind of pressure yet he was too nervous to handle the puck.
The coyotes don't have enough grinder type guys. All perimeter shots, no dirty work equals no dirty goals. You got to score ugly sometimes.
I thought Strome played okay again. He played at times with Keller and other skill guys and was on the ice at the end of the game.
Fischer is the type of player we need more of.
looks like another slow start. told you guys finishing strong means nothing.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
You clearly are not a fan of one of the bigger markets like Montreal. You boo to let the team know you care and are disappointed. If you're a baby and cant handle it then move on to something else.
Who said I can't handle it? Just questioning if it's really helping the team. Just because they do it in MTL doesn't mean it's the way to go. It might be, but I don't believe in it.

Reactions: Name Nameless

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
"Unfortunately we got a little antsy on that 5 on 3"

No, you got antsy you dumb bastard, it should have been a 6 on 3 from the moment we had possession, but you left Raanta standing at the blueline with his thumb up his ass for 20 seconds before realizing he was even there.
Nope. We needed possession which we didn't get. All the Ducks have to do is fire it down the ice and since they were shorthanded there was no risk in doing so. I've been a player, coach and junior scout myself and I think that was done correctly.
Tochett did the right thing. we needed possession first before making it a 6-3 which is debatable about how helpful it is as it's very rare. guys practice the 5-3 all the time. It was nerves. Vinny shouldn't be out there if he cant handle the puck. the little give and go with Keller and Stephan is useless. I would drop that. set up for the shot and get some bodies to the net.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Who said I can't handle it? Just questioning if it's really helping the team. Just because they do it in MTL doesn't mean it's the way to go. It might be, but I don't believe in it.
You simply can't tell somebody not to show their emotions when their team disappoints in its play. It makes no sense to even discuss it. No one goes in to the arena with the plan to boo at the 19:08 mark of the 3rd. It's as spontaneous as cheering. There is more merit to the argument that you should support a disappointing team by showing up despite their poor play.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Booing is perfectly acceptable, not at all stupid. Play well and win and you do not get booed. Not enough winning and not enough booing over the past decade, how much patience should we all have?

And not selling out for the home opener when the team is wearing the best jerseys in the league? Unfortunate.

Reactions: RemoAZ and Lilhoody

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
That’s a bad opinion. The booing was stupid to begin with. The team worked hard.

They’re trying to compete with no money. Maybe little Barroway should boo his dad for failing to give Chayka the budget to actually compete with the rest of the league. Wonder if JvR would’ve been able to score on that 6 on 3. We’ll never know because at the end of the day we couldn’t compete for his services.
Nope he should boo his dad for buying a team he can’t afford to own. He can’t afford any more budget.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
There was no FA who could help this team outside of Tavares. JVR you're overpaying, he's good but this young team just needs time to develop more. I said they would miss the playoffs and they will. People are unrealistic in what to expect here.
Let the young studs mature, and surround them with some guys who can really muck it up and score. Too many perimeter players.
And booing is all good. Turn it into cheers.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
My Impression of the game:
I attended. It was not a sellout but it was well attended.
I argued with someone here before the season that our D was not that strong and I stand by that. It simply gives away too many clear cut chances. Too many breakdowns puts too much pressure on Raanta. While the YOtes outshot the Ducks it was the ducks that had three breakaways, scoring on one which was a partial break.
The last minute was a joke. Clearly Vinny cant handle that kind of pressure yet he was too nervous to handle the puck.
The coyotes don't have enough grinder type guys. All perimeter shots, no dirty work equals no dirty goals. You got to score ugly sometimes.
I thought Strome played okay again. He played at times with Keller and other skill guys and was on the ice at the end of the game.
Fischer is the type of player we need more of.
looks like another slow start. told you guys finishing strong means nothing.
You argued with Cobra and I about the D, as so far you are right, but I believe they will settle down. I agree with everything else you said. Why they don't put Crouse in front of the net like preseason is beyond me. Stepan had 9 shots and about 2 were NHL quality.

Reactions: azcanuck

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nope. We needed possession which we didn't get. All the Ducks have to do is fire it down the ice and since they were shorthanded there was no risk in doing so. I've been a player, coach and junior scout myself and I think that was done correctly.
Tochett did the right thing. we needed possession first before making it a 6-3 which is debatable about how helpful it is as it's very rare. guys practice the 5-3 all the time. It was nerves. Vinny shouldn't be out there if he cant handle the puck. the little give and go with Keller and Stephan is useless. I would drop that. set up for the shot and get some bodies to the net.
Yes, get more bodies to the net. Crouse, Fisher, Panik. Stand in front of the net. Get that dirty goal you were talking about.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I guess on Saturday night I'll cheer as if we just won the Stanley Cup, regardless of outcome. I'll be the one they take out in a straight jacket.
It's only been two games. Not all is perfect, but we were in both games. It's you decision to boo or not, but I didn't see any reason to boo. Maybe some head scratching on the PP and lines, but overall I can't be too harsh on the team, not yet anyway.

Reactions: kbay

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Nope he should boo his dad for buying a team he can’t afford to own. He can’t afford any more budget.
Booing is perfectly acceptable, not at all stupid. Play well and win and you do not get booed. Not enough winning and not enough booing over the past decade, how much patience should we all have?

And not selling out for the home opener when the team is wearing the best jerseys in the league? Unfortunate.
920x920.jpg

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Yes it is a tough spot to be in. Not good enough, no money to significantly improve, draft lottery losers, other than Keller and maybe Fischer underachieving or injured young players, soft market.

So we should just accept mediocrity as it’s all we should expect?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yes it is a tough spot to be in. Not good enough, no money to significantly improve, draft lottery losers, other than Keller and maybe Fischer underachieving or injured young players, soft market.

So we should just accept mediocrity as it’s all we should expect?
We can move to Houston where there’s a rich owner willing to spend to the cap, friendly tax rates to attract players, and the worst big city in America where more people live than anywhere other than New York, LA, and Chicago, but nobody actually WANTS to live there. Haha. That should be fun for contract negotiations. :)

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I can understand any booing. One side is being paid and won't score a single goal. The other side is paying to see a game with no goals. Getting shutout 2 games in a row in the middle of a mediocre season is one thing, but to end one season on a shutout and begin the next with two more consecutive shutouts. You have a fan appreciation night, and don't score. Then you have opening night with all the hype, and get shutout again. The fans are obviously upset. That is a serious problem. The good feeling the team had during the 2nd half last year is gone. This team is mentally weak.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
The team played well. Booing them is stupid. Fans are allowed to be stupid. Last night they were.

It's not like the fans wanted to boo. They had no reason to want to cheer either.

That team didn't deserve a sell out, considering the product last year. Plus, they marketing for the game was all about nostalgia with the old jerseys and Roenick doing the puck drop, with a loyal season ticket holder there to show him appreciation. Why should anyone support this current team? Last year I got an email from the Coyotes offering 2 free tickets to the Bruins game, and I knew better than to even waste my time traveling there. Coyotes lost 6-1. Not even worth seeing for free.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad