GDT: Game 19: Vegas Golden Knights @ Detroit Red Wings | 2:00PM | It had success last season...

What year is it?

• Total voters

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Homeboy is literally gonna go back to his team and the only adjustment will be yelling at them to work harder. I'd bet anything that's gonna be the extent of his effort to make changes.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm trying not to be a drama queen but when I hear the head coach say **** like that, it makes me want to take a break from this team. That cannot be the mentality. He cannot be ****ing serious. He played in the NHL. He coaches in the NHL. How can he look at that steaming pile of garbage and call it great? Even before we coughed away the lead. Even when we were up 2-1 it was an incoherent/pitiable effort.
For me that's one of things that'll determine just how fast his seat heats up, I'd rather him be frank and honest, the game tonight was garbage, I know it, you know it, pretty sure everyone knows. Stop sprinkling a glitter on a heap of shit and pretending it's a diamond. Be honest Turk, call garbage, garbage.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Big changes need to be made. Bench Eakin. The offense is beyond disappointing. I doubt Gallant makes any changes. Laughable to say they played a great 55 minutes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For me that's one of things that'll determine just how fast his seat heats up, I'd rather him be frank and honest, the game tonight was garbage, I know it, you know it, pretty sure everyone knows. Stop sprinkling a glitter on a heap of **** and pretending it's a diamond. Be honest Turk, call garbage, garbage.
I'm fairly certain Turk is a better coach than Tortorella is these days but at least Torts has the balls to call it like it is.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm fairly certain Turk is a better coach than Tortorella is these days but at least Torts has the balls to call it like it is.
That and I don't know exactly who asks questions in the Press Conference, but someone should straight up have asked "what was great about that 55 minute?"

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That and I don't know exactly who asks questions in the Press Conference, but someone should straight up have asked "what was great about that 55 minute?"

They played hard, had some great chances, hustled defensively.

If I had to I'd bet my life it would be some combo of those.

Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They've got to do something. The team needs a shakeup. Big shakeups only involve two things, a coaching change or a big trade.

They won't fire Gallant (and they definitely shouldn't) so a big trade is the other shakeup that could be incoming.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
They've got to do something. The team needs a shakeup. Big shakeups only involve two things, a coaching change or a big trade.

They won't fire Gallant (and they definitely shouldn't) so a big trade is the other shakeup that could be incoming.

I definitely don't see them throwing a year away. Your idea of them trading for a top 4 defenseman makes sense. By trading for Stone last year they are in win now mode.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
There's no big trade to be had right now unless you're talking about moving a Marchessault or Pacioretty which would be a mistake.

A rental dman is going to have to wait a while. Teams aren't going to start selling this early in the season.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Nobody in the division has pulled away and despite these struggles it wouldn’t take much success to get at least a top 2 spot in the division. In other words, the team hasn’t paid much of a price for underachieving so far. And it’s still early in the season.

It’s like the student that thinks he can procrastinate and get away with it so he decides to get lazy. He doesn’t have any urgency. But in the NHL it gets very risky because you can’t predict injuries and bad habits are not easy to get rid of. And having game 7 at home against the Sharks could have made a difference in the playoffs.

This is so different from the 2017-2018 team that played hard every night because they were huge underdogs. They didn’t take a vacation in the first few months and pushed to get every point in the standings they could get. That team won close games and actually had heart.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Most frustrating worst loss of the season. Blowing leads and not scoring and giving up soft goals with a backup goalie.

I don't follow the Wolves, but why not bring a kid up. Can't be worse than a line with Pirri and Eakin.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
When Tuch gets back I'd really like to see a sizable sample of Roy-Glass-Tuch along with Hague-Schmidt and Holden-Coghlan. I think something like that would really spark the offense and help us move the puck more efficiently.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
When Tuch gets back I'd really like to see a sizable sample of Roy-Glass-Tuch along with Hague-Schmidt and Holden-Coghlan. I think something like that would really spark the offense and help us move the puck more efficiently.

I think that's three right handed players on the same line.

I don't mind putting Roy on the third line though. I definitely see what could be a future 3C there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad