GDT: Game 19: Vegas Golden Knights @ Detroit Red Wings | 2:00PM | It had success last season...

What year is it?

• Total voters

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Why not Stastny? :cool:
Cause I want Glass in the middle of two big bodies. If they can absord more of the physical punishment he's getting right now it's a lot better for his development. It frees up space to allow him to do what he's good at and refine his offensive game.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Cause I want Glass in the middle of two big bodies. If they can absord more of the physical punishment he's getting right now it's a lot better for his development. It frees up space to allow him to do what he's good at and refine his offensive game.

Patches & Stone are big enough

The stars have aligned. Now there's no excuse not to put Stastny and Eakin at 3 and 4c, and let Young Cody take his rightful place as top 2 C.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

The stars have aligned. Now there's no excuse not to put Stastny and Eakin at 3 and 4c, and let Young Cody take his rightful place as top 2 C.
I mean that would be ideal but it feels like Gallant would rather eat a bag of bat droppings than move Cody back up to 2C.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Eakin-Stastny-Stone
Pacioretty-Glass-Roy (Tuch)
Carrier-Nosek-Reaves
Pirri

Would this do?

My reasoning is that it is unfair and unwise to ask Glass (rookie) and Pirri/Nosek (...yeah) to try to get Eakin going. Stastny and Stone are stars and veteran leaders who should shoulder that responsibility. Pacioretty should still get prime opportunities with Glass against other third lines.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

You aren't worried about all of them being right handed? I don't like that in forward lineups.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
You aren't worried about all of them being right handed? I don't like that in forward lineups.

It really doesn't make a difference. So long as there is chemistry it's not that important. Weren't you a Ducks fan? Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry and Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry were the 2 most successful lines the Ducks have had in the last decade and featured all right shots.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

giphy.gif

Thank f*** Ken isn't the coach
I think they're skilled enough that it shouldn't matter. It's not ideal but it can't be worse than what's happening now.

Reactions: CupInSIX

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Eakin-Stastny-Stone
Carrier-Nosek-Reaves
Pirri

Would this do?

My reasoning is that it is unfair and unwise to ask Glass (rookie) and Pirri/Nosek (...yeah) to try to get Eakin going. Stastny and Stone are stars and veteran leaders who should shoulder that responsibility. Pacioretty should still get prime opportunities with Glass against other third lines.

I like Patches with Glass but I hate Eakin with Stone.

This is just an odd thought because I was thinking what about Roy on the second line but this brings me back to year one. William Karlsson had a less than stellar Y1 preseason and was pretty much forgotten as a 3c in Columbus. And he wasn't really that fantastic in his first couple games. But Turk still saw something and promoted him to the first line. He took the chance on him. Clearly circumstances change and this is a team with higher expectations, but how does the man astute enough to see what no one else saw in a guy that would go on to score 40 goals not see what a f***ing disaster his favorite Boi is?

Or the line he plays on? It defies logic that we've nearly reached the quarter mark of the season and his only solution is "try Pirri today/try Nosek today awwwww shucks it ain't worked"

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Eakin-Stastny-Stone
Carrier-Nosek-Reaves
Pirri

Would this do?

That really weakens the 2nd line, especially with Stone & Stastny in a funk.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I like Patches with Glass but I hate Eakin with Stone.

This is just an odd thought because I was thinking what about Roy on the second line but this brings me back to year one. William Karlsson had a less than stellar Y1 preseason and was pretty much forgotten as a 3c in Columbus. And he wasn't really that fantastic in his first couple games. But Turk still saw something and promoted him to the first line. He took the chance on him. Clearly circumstances change and this is a team with higher expectations, but how does the man astute enough to see what no one else saw in a guy that would go on to score 40 goals not see what a ****ing disaster his favorite Boi is?

Or the line he plays on? It defies logic that we've nearly reached the quarter mark of the season and his only solution is "try Pirri today/try Nosek today awwwww shucks it ain't worked"

An interesting point regarding Roy, I was wondering myself how certain players on the team stacked up to Karlsson at his age, and Roy is the same age Karlsson put up 20 points as a 3C. Roy did 1C a team to the Calder Cup, right? He has NHL experience and has shown well with us. Why couldn't he be trusted at least at 3C/RW? He was well regarded on the Hurricanes and was drafted around the draft pick of Karlsson, right? He is a defensively responsible center who has shown flashes of good offense, it does sound familiar.

I'm not saying he could be as good as Karlsson but he could definitely be the answer going forward at 3C, maybe a top sixer later if he follows Karlsson's path.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That really weakens the 2nd line, especially with Stone & Stastny in a funk.

Why can't Stone and Stastny take the responsibility of getting themselves going making 20% of our cap? Why does Pacioretty have to produce on his own and be there to help our highest paid players get off a slide?

They're paid the best to get results, at least personally if not team success (only so much they can do.) They're even paid well enough that we wouldn't be asking too much to drag a linemate to better play, right?

Why can't Gallant tell them, time to leave funky town, and make sure Eakin goes with you? You are team leaders, after all.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

giphy.gif

Thank **** Ken isn't the coach

I think they're skilled enough that it shouldn't matter. It's not ideal but it can't be worse than what's happening now.

I am high on Roy, so putting him in a good position is good for me.

Oh, and I remember this Big Brother player. She is pretty...but wasn't very good at the game.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah but his joke doesn't even make sense.

"Ha ha the guy who was given one of the dumbest penalties in the history of the NHL is doing badly."
OK? They had to change the rules because Pavelski is terrible at diving and injured himself badly. Being mad at Eakin for that is the height of ignorance.

Be mad at Eakin for wasting ice time at C. Or better yet, the Sharks should give up a 3rd for him to help their tank.

Reactions: HanSolo

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah but his joke doesn't even make sense.

"Ha ha the guy who was given one of the dumbest penalties in the history of the NHL is doing badly."
OK? They had to change the rules because Pavelski is terrible at diving and injured himself badly. Being mad at Eakin for that is the height of ignorance.

Be mad at Eakin for wasting ice time at C. Or better yet, the Sharks should give up a 3rd for him to help their tank.

They have no 1st this season, they can't tank.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
A player has a much better Corsi playing with Patches, & Stone than he has playing with Eakin? Shocking.

Anyway, if nothing changes for next game then Turk's seat is getting hot.

Eh. Can't fire Gallant because of 1 or 2 lineup decisions and lack of preparation/commitment.
Without even taking Tuch's absence into consideration, Gallant isn't responsible for not having much to work with on defense, his backup being wildly inconsistent and not having Haula anymore.

Think of what Turk could do with an improved team the next 2 years.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
A player has a much better Corsi playing with Patches, & Stone than he has playing with Eakin? Shocking.

Anyway, if nothing changes for next game then Turk's seat is getting hot.

Sounds like something only the Toronto media would say...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad