GDT: Game 19: Rangers vs. Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Letang is getting zero time at the offensive blue line both at es and on the pp. He needs to adjust his game.

he has become negative corsi player, let that sink in for a moment, Kris friggin Letang negative possession player...for all the guys that say this is only November hockey that would be a big question, how is that possible

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The effort and execution is so freaking hit or miss with this team. I don't get it. They look so unsure.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
gave up 3 awful goals and didn't capitalize on all of the 1st period opportunities.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The effort and execution is so freaking hit or miss with this team. I don't get it. They look so unsure.

They thought it was gonna be easy after the two Guentzel goals and forgot the Rangers are actually a good team

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Tough to describe. Each night, different guys are out of sync. For example, Sheary has been damn good most of the team. Tonight, he was a train wreck in terms of matching the pace of play on his lines.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016

Is it the line juggling (due to injury, form)? They can't seem to sustain a good flow. Parts of games yes, but not full games like last season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They thought it was gonna be easy after the two Guentzel goals and forgot the Rangers are actually a good team

Well, yes, there's that. :laugh:

Look, we know where the issues are. Hasn't changed. That said, despite the flaws, I think the Pens look better in this (so far) losing effort than they have in the last few weeks.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

My eyes deceive me or this team just went red hot to ice cold in one game. :laugh: We dominated the first... and just stopped doing our thing. I don't get it. It's not like the Rangers were pressing, either. They had zero answers for our speed.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Lovejoy was the glue folks.

But no really, they need to go back to the drawing board on their breakouts and NZ plays. Whatever they're trying isn't working consitently enough.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My eyes deceive me or this team just went red hot to ice cold in one game. :laugh: We dominated the first... and just stopped doing our thing. I don't get it. It's not like the Rangers were pressing, either. They had zero answers for our speed.

A couple of the defensemen and forwards did this game.

Maatta and Guentzel-Malkin-Kessdel have looked good throughout.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Lovejoy was the glue folks.

But no really, they need to go back to the drawing board on their breakouts and NZ plays. Whatever they're trying isn't working consitently enough.

Look, the defense needs an upgrade, and we need a top six winger. Nothing has changed.

Our bottom six mix suddenly leaves a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad