GDT: Game 19: Rangers vs. Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I'd swap Sheary with Rust. He needs more minutes and looks good every shift. Maybe Rust-Crosby Hornqvist (when he comes back) might be worth a try

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
That's your first goal too. Awful break for Schultz.

You know, sometimes **** happens. I actually think the Pens are playing their best game in a couple of weeks. Yes, there are flaws, but it's much better after the run of **** we've witnessed.

Plus, we may have seen a really, really big problem solved tonight by putting Guentzel with Malkin.

Hopefully we get to see is Sprong can work out with Sid.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Errey talking about the Pens missing Horny and Kunitz around the net.

Well, you're half right, Bob.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I really feel like I'm watching a different game. The Rangers completely retooled up front this offseason. The speed is tremendous. They're not outskating us[/B]. We're not outskating them. They're playing a little tighter and got two breaks. **** happens. I still say this is the Pens best game in a few weeks.

so far in third they are, overall its been rather even

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I say this to anyone. If you don't like it, don't post. Friends, foes, whomever. Ignore the bad posters and take in the good.

If not... leave.

I think it is a fair enough point that we spend too little time discussing fundamentals; what happens hockey wise, and that things devolve too fast into questions about this or that player. I do that too, for sure.

But the biggest thing to figure out with this team is why largely the same roster that dominated possession against anyone last season and very often kept shots against down to impressive tallies simply get taken over by teams this season. Shots are 20-10 Rangers since that (largely very good) first period, and this is a Rangers team that played yesterday.

There's something that is just fundamentally not there.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Secondary scoring is a serious problem right now.
If Sid or Geno's line are off and on each game and thats it, it's gonna be a struggle every night. Even against the Buffalo's.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think it is a fair enough point that we spend too little time discussing fundamentals; what happens hockey wise, and that things devolve too fast into questions about this or that player. I do that too, for sure.

But the biggest thing to figure out with this team is why largely the same roster that dominated possession against anyone last season and very often kept shots against down to impressive tallies simply get taken over by teams this season. Shots are 20-10 Rangers since that (largely very good) first period, and this is a Rangers team that played yesterday.

There's something that is just fundamentally not there.

bonino totaly out of form, and our fourth line cannot skate whatsoever, major difference

Fordy

May 28, 2008
letang seriously drives me crazy, can't get the puck deep, makes a good play, throws a bad pass in the guy's skates

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Letang is getting zero time at the offensive blue line both at es and on the pp. He needs to adjust his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad