GDT: Game 19: Oilers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Someone admitting that sometimes the best players don't always play. Progress.

I think you're externalizing your inner struggle with Tyson Nash.

Now if we could get some posters to admit they're not even 1/8 as intelligent (regarding this great game), as they're avatar's that would be progress!

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Way to change the subject. Is giving White minutes more important than developing Duclair this year? Why are we Boedkeresquely force feeding Doan minutes "to find his game" while benching Duclair in a rebuild year? Shouldn't we be trying to get the young players "to find their game" so we'll be entering next year better and more confident?

If DT had other options, several of those #'s would change, and you know it. Keep explaining away the Doan icetime log while saying the skilled young players aren't good enough to earn more though. It's hysterical.

The Doan minutes and often when he's used drives me nuts too, but Dukes getting plenty of opportunity to get going.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
According to the box, White does in fact have more minutes and shifts than Duclair... Tippett is truly a changed man.

That fourth line had a fantastic game, may have been our best line thru three periods last night. They gave the team energy when needed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We outplayed the Oilers even more than we outplayed the Canucks. I am happy with the 2 points. Smith was good and DeAngelo is a steal. He could be a really good PMD. The Oilers D was either off, or our forecheck was better. Their D is worse then ours if this game is a reflection. 2 games in a row we outshot an opponent.

Duclair missed coverage on a goal. This is the kind of thing that coaches hate. There is a reason Tip limits his minutes. Nobody covered for Murphy on his rush, not sure who specifically was at fault on that one.

I agree, a very complete game. McDavid is sick. Every time I see him play I get mad.:)

Don'tclair doesn't do it for me. He does the same dangle, dangle, lose the puck that Chip did. But at least Chip could win a faceoff. Don'tclair needs to find his game.

Glad we got the win. The boys looked engaged for the entire game.

I tried the Yotes Pale Ale and it wasn't for me. If you're buying it, I'll drink it. Saw a bunch of people getting though.

Duclair started out fine this year, was just snake bitten, but the last few games he is really pressing and not using his line mates. I think he is due to break out very soon, or he may get to see a game in the press box. He is 16th in scoring on our team, with one goal. That is pathetic

cobra427

May 6, 2012
White had an influence on the game and brought a ton of energy.

White was good as was the 4th line. they generated offensive zone time and some chances. White was better than Duclair last night. If Duclair is not generating chances and making defensive mistakes, White is the better all around player. Duclair is in a sophomore slump, it happens, he'll break out of it. Maybe sitting a game would be good for him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
White played a very good game.

Duclair played like crap. I wouldn't give him more ice time as he is a non factor with the puck in the offensive zone and a liability in his own zone. He was fortunate tonight that only one goal was scored due to his gaffes. I'd nail his ass to the pines for a couple of games. I wonder if he's being distracted by off ice issues.

I'm sure you have heard of the saying "bull---- baffles brains". That is what the same 4 or 5 posters do. :nod:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Wasn't Duclair's finest game. I agree on the second goal. Still no reason to sit him though.

Agreed, kids' a complete mess right now, and they're giving him every opportunity to turn it around, but I don't think sitting him would provide anything positive.

DT has given Duclair plenty of rope to get out of this slump. He is 16th in scoring where he should be top 5. I think sitting him a game may be what the doctor ordered. The last few games he has become a liability, but the kid is smart, will keep on listening to the coaches and he will rebound.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Duclair needs to quit feeling sorry for himself and just work harder period. The effort hasn't been there for me.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Duclair needs to quit feeling sorry for himself and just work harder period. The effort hasn't been there for me.

I thought the effort was there until the last few games. I think his confidence is at a all time low, but your right, he is starting to feel a little sorry for himself.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I thought the effort was there until the last few games. I think his confidence is at a all time low, but your right, he is starting to feel a little sorry for himself.

I noticed the lack of second effort last night and I was put off. If you are struggling you should be working your ass off not waiting for things to happen for you. Felt like a passenger the last few games when the expectation is he should be a leader on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad