GDT: Game 19: Oilers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
megyn-kelly.jpg

The final vote from the BOG is in and Donald Trump is the next NHL Commissioner.
Let's get some live reaction now if we can from around the world.

USA
OB-CP881_1104Ow_H_20081104231239.jpg

Canada
8215472469831607055.jpg

Arizona
pi-nhl-coyotes-whiteout-062514.vadapt.980.high.24.jpg

megyn-kelly-surprised.jpg

So much for the live reaction from around the world. And now, Donald Trump will give his acceptance speech.

85makeamericagat_againhat.jpeg

Thank you! Thank you! This is a great day for hockey in America.
My 1st order of business is to drain the swamp at Team USA Hockey so our hockey team can compete for gold with the best of the hockey teams in the world again.

Canada has taken away another hockey team and that move has taken away more and more jobs.

My 2nd order of business is to build a wall along the Canadian border to stop those trying to take away more and more of our teams and jobs and guess who's paying for it? The same country paying to keep all 30 NHL teams in business, Canada.

Thank you Canada for paying our bills at the expense of not having any of your teams make the playoffs last season.

Let's make Hockey in America Great Again!

Oh what, we won the cup over 20 years straight. Therefore, Let's continue to make Hockey in America Great.

Donald-Trump-Iowa-REUTERS-800x430.png

Enough with the talk. I got to go kiss and make up with Megyn Kelly. Here's what you need to know for the game.

Cx_nubiVQAAFqid.jpg

Oilers Lineup

Patrick Maroon - Connor McDavid - Jordan Eberle
Benoit Pouliot - Leon Draisaitl - Zach Kassian
Milan Lucic - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Tyler Pitlick
Anton Lander - Mark Letestu - Anton Slepyshev

Oscar Klefbom - Adam Larsson
Andrej Sekera - Matt Benning
Darnell Nurse - Eric Gryba

Cam Talbot

GDT Seal of Approval!
megyn-kelly-presents-time.jpg

Donald Trump: Look everyone! I just grabbed Megyn Kelly right in the, back. I told you I respect women.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hope Smitty plays. Didn't see the last game, heard he was awful. We don't have any back to back soon, so throw him in there.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Hey guys, look who's feeling edgy and irreverent today.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I am pretty sure we are on Fox, suns on Fox2? Wonder why we got the main channel over the Suns?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Are the EDM lines real? A top 5 player in the world skating with Patrick Maroon?

That team used to be an all-winger dumpster fire and now it's an all-center-and-defense monster ... funny how that works. I remember when our team had centers :cry:

Did I miss a Chychrun injury or is it just his turn to sit out in the rotation?

Cheering for a win and for Kevin Connauton to take another unpenalized, two-handed slash at Milan Lucic, maybe that can be an annual thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Are the EDM lines real? A top 5 player in the world skating with Patrick Maroon?

That team used to be an all-winger dumpster fire and now it's an all-center-and-defense monster ... funny how that works. I remember when our team had centers :cry:

Did I miss a Chychrun injury or is it just his turn to sit out in the rotation?

Cheering for a win and for Kevin Connauton to take another unpenalized, two-handed slash at Milan Lucic, maybe that can be an annual thing.
raw

Chychrun was scratched last game, and the game before only played 8 minutes. He could be hurt, but there's been no news of that. Not sure if the lines in the op are accurate though or if it's just the lines from last game. Hopefully he's in, it would suck it one of the few bright spots of the season was in Tips press box club.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Chychrun was scratched last game, and the game before only played 8 minutes. He could be hurt, but there's been no news of that. Not sure if the lines in the op are accurate though or if it's just the lines from last game. Hopefully he's in, it would suck it one of the few bright spots of the season was in Tips press box club.

Lines used in game day threads are just a guess.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
*snip

Those EDM lines are from 4 or 5 games ago. Changes have occurred with players coming back from preseason injuries.

IRT Maroon skating with McDavid, Maroon actually plays fairly well with him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Lucic swap up and down the lineup through the season.

Good luck tonight. Love Domi, and Chychrun has really impressed so far.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't know about you guys, but it grates when we lose to the California teams, Nashville, and the frozen hole. A win or a loss to Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary is just a win or a loss. I look forward to watching McDavid again, but this is otherwise just another game.

I think that Chychrun got worn down with the rigors of an NHL schedule. Perhaps he's nursing something minor. I'm far more concerned that OEL has a long term injury that he's playing through. His decrease in production, both offensively and in his defense, is obvious. I don't buy for a moment that he's emotionally checked out. That's just not his character. We probably won't find out until that end of the season presser when the GM and coach come clean about the season.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Those EDM lines are from 4 or 5 games ago. Changes have occurred with players coming back from preseason injuries.

IRT Maroon skating with McDavid, Maroon actually plays fairly well with him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Lucic swap up and down the lineup through the season.

Ha your avy is awesome.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Nice avatar!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't know about you guys, but it grates when we lose to the California teams, Nashville, and the frozen hole. A win or a loss to Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary is just a win or a loss. I look forward to watching McDavid again, but this is otherwise just another game.

Watching McDavid is always great. It's not the team that makes losing to the oilers awful, it's more that, in the past no matter how crappy the yotes were, we were better than the oilers. Losing that is tough haha.

I actually really like the oilers players. Nurse beating polak was garbage, but outside of him, how can you hate McDavid and pizza pulju?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I was told "we're gonna be the Oilers" for years so I look forward to getting a glimpse of our future.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Just 2.5 hours till I load the car up and go...
What a way to spend a weekend!
Threw up after a race yesterday, runners hangover today, eat some angel hair spaghetti at the Yard House and hope I don't throw it up.....and if I do before the game starts.
The stalls aren't throw uppable after the first period!
LETS GO YOTES!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I was told "we're gonna be the Oilers" for years so I look forward to getting a glimpse of our future.

Dave Tippett's reluctance to play youth and his development plan is keeping us from being the Oilers. That's been the line for years.

Now that the Oilers are turning the corner, I might see it as true...

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Here are the Oilers lines tonight:

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi
Maroon Nugent-Hopkins Eberle
Slepyshev Draisaitl Kassian
Hendricks Caggiula Pitlick

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Russell
Nurse Benning

Talbot
Gustavsson