GDT: Game 19: Oilers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
So vrbata apparently has the most shootout goals in NHL history. Not really that surprising. That move is just perfect.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
And the forwards with the 3rd,4th,5th,7th most minutes all have 3 years or less experience.

Way to change the subject. Is giving White minutes more important than developing Duclair this year? Why are we Boedkeresquely force feeding Doan minutes "to find his game" while benching Duclair in a rebuild year? Shouldn't we be trying to get the young players "to find their game" so we'll be entering next year better and more confident?

If DT had other options, several of those #'s would change, and you know it. Keep explaining away the Doan icetime log while saying the skilled young players aren't good enough to earn more though. It's hysterical.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Did OEL go through a rough break up or something? The facial hair and the zero ***** given when he scored that goal and in the post game cele? Looks like a wounded man.

He's been looking rough since the World Cup. Cleaned up for the home opener but hasn't maintained it :laugh: Hanzals beard also looks like it's coming back.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Way to change the subject. Is giving White minutes more important than developing Duclair this year? Why are we Boedkeresquely force feeding Doan minutes "to find his game" while benching Duclair in a rebuild year? Shouldn't we be trying to get the young players "to find their game" so we'll be entering next year better and more confident?

If DT had other options, several of those #'s would change, and you know it. Keep explaining away the Doan icetime log while saying the skilled young players aren't good enough to earn more though. It's hysterical.

Don't think most would change. Domi's been #1 in icetime a few times. And I don't think you could make a case for Tipp wishing to decrease Rieder and Nooks ice time.

Duclairs been struggling. 3 points. Tipp gave him a chance to gain confidence with the first shot in the SO. Doan is still the face of the team, I think the 15min is more reflective on what he's done for the team than his current play. Don't think it's the way for us to win, but I understand it.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Did anyone else see Smitty do that weird, angry bear looking pose, when Edmonton's first shooter started skating towards him in the shootout? Only to get burned literally 4 seconds later. Wtf was that?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Doan is still the face of the team, I think the 15min is more reflective on what he's done for the team than his current play. Don't think it's the way for us to win, but I understand it.

Someone admitting that sometimes the best players don't always play. Progress.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
No goal call was justice because Oilers actually had too many men that wasn't called. As stated above fantastic troll win. Might as well keep up the streak even if we're horrendous.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
No goal call was justice because Oilers actually had too many men that wasn't called. As stated above fantastic troll win. Might as well keep up the streak even if we're horrendous.

Meh it wasn't justice, it just wasn't a goal. It wasn't over the line in time. Great play still. McDavid is ridiculous.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We outplayed the Oilers even more than we outplayed the Canucks. I am happy with the 2 points. Smith was good and DeAngelo is a steal. He could be a really good PMD. The Oilers D was either off, or our forecheck was better. Their D is worse then ours if this game is a reflection. 2 games in a row we outshot an opponent.

Duclair missed coverage on a goal. This is the kind of thing that coaches hate. There is a reason Tip limits his minutes. Nobody covered for Murphy on his rush, not sure who specifically was at fault on that one.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Don'tclair doesn't do it for me. He does the same dangle, dangle, lose the puck that Chip did. But at least Chip could win a faceoff. Don'tclair needs to find his game.

Glad we got the win. The boys looked engaged for the entire game.

I tried the Yotes Pale Ale and it wasn't for me. If you're buying it, I'll drink it. Saw a bunch of people getting though.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

White played a very good game.

Duclair played like crap. I wouldn't give him more ice time as he is a non factor with the puck in the offensive zone and a liability in his own zone. He was fortunate tonight that only one goal was scored due to his gaffes. I'd nail his ass to the pines for a couple of games. I wonder if he's being distracted by off ice issues.

Last edited:

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
White played a very good game.

Duclair played like crap. I wouldn't give him more ice time as he is a non factor with the puck in the offensive zone and a liability in his own zone. He was fortunate tonight that only one goal was scored due to his gaffes. I'd nail his ass to the pines for a couple of games. I wonder if he's being distracted by off ice issues.

The entire fourth line played well.

Yep, their second goal wasn't the only instance in he didn't cover the trailer. Offensively, he's trying way too hard to do some magic with the puck. I'd let him sit a game or two as well.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
The entire fourth line played well.

Yep, their second goal wasn't the only instance in he didn't cover the trailer. Offensively, he's trying way too hard to do some magic with the puck. I'd let him sit a game or two as well.

Wasn't Duclair's finest game. I agree on the second goal. Still no reason to sit him though.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
We outplayed the Oilers even more than we outplayed the Canucks. I am happy with the 2 points. Smith was good and DeAngelo is a steal. He could be a really good PMD. The Oilers D was either off, or our forecheck was better. Their D is worse then ours if this game is a reflection. 2 games in a row we outshot an opponent.

Duclair missed coverage on a goal. This is the kind of thing that coaches hate. There is a reason Tip limits his minutes. Nobody covered for Murphy on his rush, not sure who specifically was at fault on that one.

Good points - fewer mistakes against a better team = victory.

Forecheck was better - still room for improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad