• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We have this bit from DLC:

Quelques joueurs se sont entraînés ce matin (morning skate optionnel) et il n’y a pas eu de surprises. Mike Reilly et Christian Folin seront bel et bien laissés de côté, alors que Jesperi Kotkaniemi devra attendre à demain soir avant de revenir au jeu. Nick Suzuki sera donc le troisième centre de l’équipe ce soir, mais il risque de se retrouver à l’aile gauche du quatrième trio demain.

A few players worked out this morning (optional morning skate) and there have been no surprises. Mike Reilly and Christian Folin will be held out of the lineup while KK will have to wait til tomorrow before seeing game action. Nick Suzuki will thus be the third center tonight however, he may be at LW on the 4th line tomorrow.
Clod gonna Clod.......one never knows what our lines and D pairings could look like...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i'm over here getting excited over Drouin almost being at a PPG but not quite

Draisaitl and McDavid are almost at 2 PPG right now

it's a sad life we live

Price just stole 2pts away from the BJ's. I thought that was impressive. But yeah, no 100 pt guy since Naslund (85/86)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have no idea what this team will do tonight. I have become inherently bad at predicting the outcomes of games involving this particular roster.

When they are down, bet on them. When they are up, don't bet on them. They have been resilient but no real long win streaks over the last two seasons.

Reactions: swimmer77

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Habs after 18 games:

- Drouin and Tatar leading the team with 15 points in 18 games
- Gallagher is leading the team with 8 goals and 65 shots on net (That's 16 more than any Habs)
- Domi is leading the team with 5 powerplay points

- Petry is leading the team with 47 hits
- Mete is leading the team with +8
- Tatar is leading the team with 10 minor penalties (4 more than any Habs)
- Gallagher, Domi and Thompson, all with 0 minor penalties

- Weal is leading the team with 2:56 per game on the PP (played only 10 games)
- Weber is the most used player on the PK with 3:08 per game
- Petry is the most used player at ES with 19:04 per game

- Habs are 7th in the NHL with 3.44 goals scored per game
- Habs are also 19th for goals against with 3.06 goals per game
- The PP is dropping with 20.7% and are now 15th in the league
- The PK is now at 73.7% and 28th in the league
- The team is 48.2% on faceoffs, 27th in the NHL
What in the actual ****?

The guy isn't even a regular he gets relegated to the press box but when he draws in he gets premium PP time? That is a head scratcher and a half

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
What in the actual ****?

The guy isn't even a regular he gets relegated to the press box but when he draws in he gets premium PP time? That is a head scratcher and a half

And yet.. no-one in sooooo feared and scawy Mtl media would ask Clod that. It's probably because it would be considered second guessing.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know why this is being reported as if it were unique as I imagine, every team has its version.

If you look at the piece, it's about the Caps's ritual before game time:

I've watched and didn't find it particularly demonstrative.

Give me an All Blacks haka anytime.

OK, I get how the All Blacks are wearing knee high nylon socks. :sarcasm:

And their opponents, trying to stave off their ritual, are holding hands and wearing spanking white non-intimidating clothing. :sarcasm:

But still, it's something to behold.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
So who is starting tonight? Difficult decision if you ask me.

We could start Price tonight and Kinkaid tomorrow, but chances are we lose to Washington anyway, and then we have a worse chance of beating NJ on Saturday with Kinkaid in nets.

Things to consider: Price is rested enough to play on Friday, but he's also amazing on Saturday nights in the Bell Center. Chances are Kinkaid desperately wants to play against New Jersey as that's his former team.

Start Price both games??

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I would hate to lose both games. I see it as we have a 40% chance to beat Washington with Price and a 20% chance with Kinkaid. Against Jersey I give a rested Price a 75% chance to win, and Kinkaid a 50% chance. With these completely arbitrary numbers I came up with in my head, I say we start Kinkaid tonight!!

I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So who is starting tonight? Difficult decision if you ask me.

We could start Price tonight and Kinkaid tomorrow, but chances are we lose to Washington anyway, and then we have a worse chance of beating NJ on Saturday with Kinkaid in nets.

Things to consider: Price is rested enough to play on Friday, but he's also amazing on Saturday nights in the Bell Center. Chances are Kinkaid desperately wants to play against New Jersey as that's his former team.

Start Price both games??

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I would hate to lose both games. I see it as we have a 40% chance to beat Washington with Price and a 20% chance with Kinkaid. Against Jersey I give a rested Price a 75% chance to win, and Kinkaid a 50% chance. With these completely arbitrary numbers I came up with in my head, I say we start Kinkaid tonight!!

I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions!!

It's been reported that Price asked to play tonight's game and his wish was granted.

The decision regarding tomorrow's goalie has not been announced even if we all suspect Price would not be used in a B2B situation.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Habs/Caps, Bruins/Leafs, NJD's/Pittsburgh tonight, tomorrow Habs/NJD's, Leafs/Pittsburgh, Bruins/Capitals, interesting weekend of hockey. This is a big weekend towards winning a playoff spot for all these teams, of course the only team that counts for this fan Montreal, could be playing for a share of first OV in the Atlantic. Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:We could see Ryan Poehling and Jesperi Kotkaneimi back in the lineup against NJD's on Saturday, fresh legs in back to back games for both teams. Our fresh legs are top quality prospects with NHL experience & talent, it's nice having quality depth for these back to back games.:wave::wave::wave::arr::arr::arr:

Attachments

• pirate[1].gif
    pirate[1].gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Want My Dach x 77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You seem to have an affinity for medieval references. If it's not the Amish who live like medieval society, it's Robin Hood who is based on historical outlaw Roger Godberd from medieval times.

Thought you might be able to use these at your next 7AM meeting. I think Jedebiah might be pleasantly surprised. :sarcasm:

qSG1Gg0.jpg

It just needs a Chris Lee finger puppet as the Sheriff of Nottingham. :laugh:

Reactions: S Bah and Runner77

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Great job as always mate.
I have discussed this with some buddies before...Why teams only have one goal song or chant, often time sucking.
I mean, you have some classics, sure, but then you also need to diversify. Like Nashville's ''you suck'' chant is pretty freaking great but after a bunch of times...gets old a bit. Need to mix it up.
Same with the goal songs. Mix it up.

Hockey is such a slow changing conservative sport...
Each player should pick a favorite song and when they score, play their song.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I fully expect Suzuki to start producing at a 0.75pt/game or more really soon. Like 2-3weeks max and this guy will become a regular point producer.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's been reported that Price asked to play tonight's game and his wish was granted.

The decision regarding tomorrow's goalie has not been announced even if we all suspect Price would not be used in a B2B situation.

Wonder if Price told them he can do these back to back games? Or he is going to let Kinkaid have the home game against his former team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I fully expect Suzuki to start producing at a 0.75pt/game or more really soon. Like 2-3weeks max and this guy will become a regular point producer.

Would be nice but not with the role we are playing him in. Over the last 12 games, I think he has 6 pts? That's .50/game. I guess it's possible. Who would of thought Mete would have 3 goals and 6 pts in 18 games. That's a prorated 27 pts for a 21 year old D man who previously had a 10-15 range of production at 19/20.

I respect your optimism! It's possible he gets to that pt/game ratio maybe in the last 1/3 of the season if he trends up like he has been? If he does, that means he starts to become a legit option on our PP

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Yeah tough to do when playing that Wilson character.

The reason I want the Habs to trade for Sammy Morin (LHD) for Flyers, particularly for a long playoff series, the Habs can't have Wilson taking runs at their players.(Simple Solution):vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:See how Wilson handles a southpaw with a KO punch, might tend to cool his heels a bit?:arr::arr::arr:

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad