• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This clip has been making the rounds:

udGkdir.gif

Looking at the clip more closely, you can really see a lot of action on that stick:

JJGH1e2.gif

Billy Idol couldn't have said it better ...

KyElHCF.gif

Flex for fantasy.

Not so long ago, KK was taking center stage in terms of hope for the future. And he's still has that future. Except that now, there is another sheriff in town, sharing the stage and getting some limelight of his own.

zbTmvmU.jpg

His legend is growing. How long before we see this?

fnUxAcM.gif

And so, with every legend in progress, there is naturally an inclination to find him a moniker.

Not sure what his teammates call him. But, on HF, we've seen a couple of attempts that may warrant extra attention. One of them was this:

d75aIKa.gif

Another recurring one, is this:

j9U50hy.jpg

For the sake of science and possibly, posterity, attached to this thread is a poll. Let your voice be heard. :sarcasm:

Meantime, the Habs have more than held their own so far:

d8AaYGK.jpg

Hoping it continues. Tonight's match up with the Capitals is going to be particularly challenging.

To think that the Habs got this far without Domi and Gallagher getting one penalty. Certainly not in their DNA. They've gotta bring those testosterone levels back up somehow.

Something unusual that we'll be seeing at Capital One Arena if the Caps score -- they don't have a goal song. They have several of them:

And here we are as Hab fans, arguing about a one goal song fits all and can't agree on any one in particular.

LINEUPS:

You just know we're on to something when even Santa is in on it.

X7hRD3s.jpg

zFoXYzy.gif

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Something unusual that we'll be seeing at Capital One Arena if the Caps score -- they don't have a goal song. They have several of them:

And here we are as Hab fans, arguing about a one goal song fits all and can't agree on any one in particular.

Great job as always mate.
I have discussed this with some buddies before...Why teams only have one goal song or chant, often time sucking.
I mean, you have some classics, sure, but then you also need to diversify. Like Nashville's ''you suck'' chant is pretty freaking great but after a bunch of times...gets old a bit. Need to mix it up.
Same with the goal songs. Mix it up.

Hockey is such a slow changing conservative sport...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Habs after 18 games:

- Drouin and Tatar leading the team with 15 points in 18 games
- Gallagher is leading the team with 8 goals and 65 shots on net (That's 16 more than any Habs)
- Domi is leading the team with 5 powerplay points

- Petry is leading the team with 47 hits
- Mete is leading the team with +8
- Tatar is leading the team with 10 minor penalties (4 more than any Habs)
- Gallagher, Domi and Thompson, all with 0 minor penalties

- Weal is leading the team with 2:56 per game on the PP (played only 10 games)
- Weber is the most used player on the PK with 3:08 per game
- Petry is the most used player at ES with 19:04 per game

- Habs are 7th in the NHL with 3.44 goals scored per game
- Habs are also 19th for goals against with 3.06 goals per game
- The PP is dropping with 20.7% and are now 15th in the league
- The PK is now at 73.7% and 28th in the league
- The team is 48.2% on faceoffs, 27th in the NHL

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

udGkdir.gif

Looking at the clip more closely, you can really see a lot of action on that stick:

JJGH1e2.gif

KyElHCF.gif

Flex for fantasy.

Not so long ago, KK was taking center stage in terms of hope for the future. And he's still has that future. Except that now, there is another sheriff in town, sharing the stage and getting some limelight of his own.

zbTmvmU.jpg

fnUxAcM.gif

And so, with every legend in progress, there is naturally an inclination to find him a moniker.

Not sure what his teammates call him. But, on HF, we've seen a couple of attempts that may warrant extra attention. One of them was this:

d75aIKa.gif

j9U50hy.jpg

For the sake of science and possibly, posterity, attached to this thread is a poll. Let your voice be heard. :sarcasm:

d8AaYGK.jpg

Hoping it continues. Tonight's match up with the Capitals is going to be particularly challenging.

To think that the Habs got this far without Domi and Gallagher getting one penalty. Certainly not in their DNA. They've gotta bring those testosterone levels back up somehow.

LINEUPS TBA

X7hRD3s.jpg

zFoXYzy.gif

with that much bend in that stick, Matrix would be a more suitable nickname

giphy.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs after 18 games:

- Gallagher is leading the team with 8 goals and 65 shots on net (That's 16 more than any Habs)

Thanks for that. Love stats. I wish I could see turnover stats before the blueline and see where the Habs rank. It's been driving me nuts lately and the games are going to get tighter.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Suzuki and Mete seem to be gradually taking steps forward this year. Mete is already a reliable piece at 21 but his point production is starting to show. Suzuki is just dangerous in open space and he is improving as the season moves along. Still early but I see him adapting well.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

udGkdir.gif

JJGH1e2.gif

KyElHCF.gif

Flex for fantasy.

zbTmvmU.jpg

fnUxAcM.gif

d75aIKa.gif

j9U50hy.jpg

d8AaYGK.jpg

LINEUPS TBA

X7hRD3s.jpg

zFoXYzy.gif

Wait... Clapton and Winwood are reuniting again?!?

EDIT: Just realized that Rolling Stone cover was from a decade ago. What's all this stuff about hockey?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Don't get a good vibe about this game. Caps 32 points. Plus they are 8-0-2 in last 10 games. We don't have last line change. Need to play perfect game to get a point here

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Habs after 18 games:

Seeing Mete with the better +/- than Weber (SW taking some minuses when not with Mete), and seeing the struggles on the PK, confirms what I'm seeing --- Weber + (insert player) pairings are not very good.

Obviously, not the biggest sample size, and +/- doesn't always tell the story, etc...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Don't get a good vibe about this game. Caps 32 points. Plus they are 8-0-2 in last 10 games. We don't have last line change. Need to play perfect game to get a point here

Or we could say that they are overdue for a lost…...still, i get the same feeling here.
I would be happy with only a point out of this one.

They are the best scoring team in the league against a team that allows a lot of shots and quality chances.
So in order to win this one, Price will need to be at the top of his game and our offense will need to score a lot of goals.
IF we win this one, i think it will go something like 5-4 or 6-5.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Seeing Mete with the better +/- than Weber (SW taking some minuses when not with Mete), and seeing the struggles on the PK, confirms what I'm seeing --- Weber + (insert player) pairings are not very good.

Obviously, not the biggest sample size, and +/- doesn't always tell the story, etc...

We still need help on D....many are acting like everything's fine and the D are okay, but they are not.
Still waiting for Bergevin to do something here.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Great job on the GDT!

Never expect much playing in Washington.

First place in the Atlantic is within sight...keep it going!

Reactions: Runner77

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We still need help on D....many are acting like everything's fine and the D are okay, but they are not.
Still waiting for Bergevin to do something here.
Agree that our D has been awful, but tonight would be one of those times where they focus and play tight.

That said, I still can't see the Habs beating these guys. Caps are awesome. Only chance is if they have an off-night.

Reactions: Runner77

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
We've been sort of off lately with our play, but we've rallied and come back for some big wins.

We can't be off tonight, simple as that. We will pay for bad penalties and defensive mistakes. Ovi is going to get at least a goal, as he always does against us.

Big tilt.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Agree that our D has been awful, but tonight would be one of those times where they focus and play tight.

That said, I still can't see the Habs beating these guys. Caps are awesome. Only chance is if they have an off-night.

Caps will play 5 games in 9 nights and got the Bruins tomorrow night on the road. You better bet they want to win tonight! This one will be a huge test for the Habs

Stay out of the box is what I say!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Caps will play 5 games in 9 nights and got the Bruins tomorrow night on the road. You better bet they want to win tonight! This one will be a huge test for the Habs

Stay out of the box is what I say!
Odds are low against a team firing on all cylinders, but we've seen plenty of examples of Habs pulling off surprise wins against better opponents. I'll probably be home, watching the game and posting here. Man, a win would be great.

But if not, I'll still be good. I like the Caps and love watching Ovi, Oshie, Backstrom etc.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Suzuki and Mete seem to be gradually taking steps forward this year. Mete is already a reliable piece at 21 but his point production is starting to show. Suzuki is just dangerous in open space and he is improving as the season moves along. Still early but I see him adapting well.

Add Jordan Weal to that mix and BOOM! You got a perennial cup contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad