GDT: Game 19: Columbus vs. Montreal | 11/15 7PM EST

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
So, how many points out of a playoff spot are we now?

Can't wait for the Feel Good Brigade to show up and tell us that our last-place hockey team is actually really good.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We played very well tonight for a back to back game. Doom and gloom all you want, but if Tyutin doesn't **** up in the 1st we win. I know, ifs ands or buts, but broken record time ,we deserved better.

We need to beat Edmonton, Calgary, and one of VAN/TOR/OTT to get back in it. We can do it especially with Calvert and Jenner returning. I think we're turning the corner.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
You watch this team's offensive futility and the lack of veteran contribution and it's obnoxious. Sometimes I sit there and think you know, this game could go on another 120 minutes and the Jackets still wouldn't score. Still, the stats show that despite the offensive struggles 4 teams in our division have underscored us significantly and are still at or ahead of the CBJ in the standings.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
In my opinion, until we figure out how to play during the 2nd period, the wins will be few and far between. Simple as that, we are flat awful in the middle period.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Just back from game. Impressions:

Jumbo pretzels at Pappa John's concession stands are real tasty...........

Labatt Blue in tall cans really cold...................

Small, but engaged crowd tonight.........

Habs fans I encountered very friendly.............

Jackets............meh...............they are what they are............

Oh, and IMHO, Subban is quite a handful................

Last edited:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
This team needs to make a run (obviously), until then we will see sparse crowds. Same ol jackets..Thats what the people think

The team isn't doing anyone any favors by raising prices across the board this year and not having a good $10 season ticket holder offering. They are only offering the crappy games for the sale this year and only end and corner seats. Also the way they do their half and quarter season ticket packages is ridiculous, I was ready to buy a half season and they were trying to force me to take 8 "premier" games and 13 "non-premier" and pre-season games and it was only a discount of $10 per game for club seats. They should be happy anyone is ready to write a $4000 check and let them pick whatever 21 games they want. The people running the ticket promotions and season ticket packages need to be fired.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Comeau, Mac, C-Mac, Boll, Letestu looked good.

Atkinson, Nikitin, Tyutin had bad nights

The rest looked tired.

We were probably lucky to get a point tonight, they were dragging near the end. Hope for 3 out of 5 on the road!

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Richards is losing the team, based on his comments tonight.

Being critical of Cam for his penalty and blaming RyJo for making the pass to Tyutin that turned into the first goal just shows how much he overvalues his vets. Wiz, JJ, Tyutin and RJ have all made way more mistakes yet he didn't call them out after losses.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Oh, and IMHO, Sabban is quite a handful................

I've always gone out of my way to watch lots of Montreal games on gamecenter with guys like him and Markov, not to mention Galchenyuk and Gallagher and Eller.

But to see him in person tonight, wow, green with envy over Subban.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
A 4 game point streak?

It's disappointing we haven't pulled these out, but we are getting points and showing signs of getting it together, when the first couple lines get the energy the last couple lines bring every night, and we get totally healthy, we are going to go on a run, I hope we can keep close in the standings the next month. This 5 game trip is HUGE!

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
We played very well tonight for a back to back game. Doom and gloom all you want, but if Tyutin doesn't **** up in the 1st we win.

Richards is losing the team, based on his comments tonight.

Being critical of Cam for his penalty and blaming RyJo for making the pass to Tyutin that turned into the first goal just shows how much he overvalues his vets.

That was a dumb pass as time was expiring, and the puck wasnt settled. I hardly blame Fedor Tyutin for muffing the bouncing puck which should have never came back his way with Galchenyuk lurking nearby.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
That was a dumb pass as time was expiring, and the puck wasnt settled. I hardly blame Fedor Tyutin for muffing the bouncing puck which should have never came back his way with Galchenyuk lurking nearby.

Exactly! With Cam its 2 nights in a row he had done something to cause a goal against the team. That was a terrible penalty taken out of frustration.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

No Tyutin still should have bodied Galchenyuk there. It would have been better if Johansen didn't send a bouncer back to Tyutin, but realistically forwards ask their d-men to handle pucks all the time, and Tyutin didn't do it. (Galchenyuk was 15 or so feet away when the puck was sent to Tyutin) Either get the puck right or get Galchenyuk, and he got neither. (Though Tyutin's been good this year, so I'm not doggin him.)

I don't get Richards calling out Johansen there. That's a normal play, and he'll call out the young players for that but won't call out veterans for much worse?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad