Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Inactive
Collins, Savard

Injured
Calvert, Horton, Jenner​

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I'll be curious to see how much the Jackets have left in the tank after playing overtime games in Washington and Boston on Tuesday and Thursday. Last time they played the Habs, they gagged at least a point, maybe two, with that awful goal in the last minute. Hopefully there is a decent crowd at Nationwide tonight - chance to hear O Canada in French assuming Leo is the anthem singer.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Why care if it's a backup or not? I really don't get why this matters so much to people. However 'disrespectful' it seems, it's a better opportunity to win in many cases - I'll take it.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Why care if it's a backup or not? I really don't get why this matters so much to people. However 'disrespectful' it seems, it's a better opportunity to win in many cases - I'll take it.

Agree

Only think I don't like about facing back ups is most teams change their style and play a more defensive game and that can lead to a boring game.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I kind of cringe now because our record against backups must be terrible. It's probably no better against starters, but the impression is that we make backups look like Vezina candidates.

As I said yesterday, time to deal with business at home.

It's a Friday night game, we might actually have 15k there, get the job done so the fans want to come back. Oh and I'd play our backups against us. For now.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Another backup?
:facepalm:

Crazy (pathetic) stat: Including tonight's game, CBJ has faced nine back-up goalies this year... 9 back up goalies in just 19 games... nearly facing a back-up goalie every other game. Don't know about you but that's..... sad. :shakehead

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Just my 2 cents: Until the CBJ poses a consistent offensive threat, I suspect more coaches will continue to see the Jackets as an opportunity to rest their primary goaltender. Respect is earned.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We started last game with the lines in the OP. We played the last half of last night's game with the following lines:

Dubinsky-Johansen-Atkinson

Foligno-Chaput-Gaborik

Comeau-Mackenzie-Letestu

Umberger-Anisimov-Boll

Odd lines, though we dominated that half game. I wonder if Richards will continue with them?

Paisano*

Why wouldn't teams want to play their back ups against us? We have no one who is an offensive threat, no one in the top 50 in goals scored, one guy (Dubi) in the top fifty in pts. Our so called goal scorer, Gabby has turned into Jeff Carter and we have to be in the league lead of shots taken that miss the net!(does anyone keep track of that?) Of those 9 back ups we have faced, what's our record against them?

Lets face it, we are not a good team, Bob is back to reality and we can't win unless we score 3 or more goals, coaches would be stupid not to rest their starter against us and get the back ups some work.:help::help::help::help:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Just my 2 cents: Until the CBJ poses a consistent offensive threat, I suspect more coaches will continue to see the Jackets as an opportunity to rest their primary goaltender. Respect is earned.

If I'm coaching an opposing team and want to give my starter a break, it only makes sense to do it against a bottom feeder in the league. Teams aren't starting their backup against Pittsburgh or Chicago on a regular basis.

If the CBJ want to get enough respect to face starters, they might want to start by beating the backups they are facing. Thats not happening at this point.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@RobMixer: Also from the coach: Curtis McElhinney starts tonight. #FSOCBJâ€

Guess Columbus does not respect the Habs. :sarcasm:

Hooks

Jun 30, 2011
“@RobMixer: Also from the coach: Curtis McElhinney starts tonight. #FSOCBJâ€

Guess Columbus does not respect the Habs. :sarcasm:

Gabby is out for a few weeks with a knee sprain per Richards

Last edited:

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Honestly I hate to see anyone injured, even Gabby. Wonder if this is what has been bothering him. Either way, this means more ice time for Chaput, he certainly deserves it. They way he was playing last night, reminded me alot of Boone.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Off the top of my head, I think Budaj has unbelievable stats as Price's back-up. I'll be amazed if we score more than 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad