GDT: Game 19 - Caps @ Avs - 7PM 11/16 - We Want Their Cup

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
Couple of things.

Mack needs to have a clue about what to do in his own end. He seems to float without taking a man. He has been on the ice for more than a few important goals against even when he does get back.

Grubs wasn't the problem last night. 4 guys along the right boards in their own end was stupid. It is a long season and the Avs will need BOTH goalies.

I saw 3 Barberio give-aways that would have benched Z.

The Caps were very pleased with the two points at the end of the game, as if they didn't think it would happen. I thought they played exceptional position hockey, something they had to do with their injuries. The Avs just couldn't sustain anything because their wasn't any room out there after the first 10 minutes or so.

Jost has looked better of late but he still doesn't look like a 2nd line center/wing to me.

The team needs to be able to win playing various styles. They aren't a very good "grind it out" team nor are they a defensive shut down capable team. They are dynamite playing their up-tempo stuff but they need to be better when that isn't happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I know he is hated but in his defense he is not a dirty player. And if people actually watched him play instead of judging him on a couple of bad hits they would know that.
Be honest. Did Tom Wilson do anything in last nights game that was remotely close to being dirty?
I saw nothing dirty in this game by either team. If you saw Wilson play more you would see that the majority of games nothing happens.
I mean, his track record speaks for itself. He's an insanely dirty player.

Just because he didn't do anything last night doesn't change that. Matt Cooke didn't try to cheap shot players every game he played in; it doesn't change his status as a dirty player.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Varlamov will be 31 when next season starts. Who knows how Groiny McGroinPants will hold up in his 30s.

I still think Grubauer is Avs goalie going forward and he has to have a weak season to change the course.
3.5 years between

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't think Wilson is a dirty player in the same way of a Matt Cooke or Marchand. He's a dirty player because he's a complete moron with rocks for brains. He doesn't even comprehend what he does is dirty. Which is arguably worse.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Also, Jost has had his struggles and hasn't lived up to expectations yet but can we stop with the "he's not skilled" talk?

After his setup, I thought the Avs were in for a big night offensively, but it kinda just fizzled after that. Landy and MacK not converting from point-blank range kinda took us out of it.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad