Pre-Game Talk: GAME #19 - Canucks vs. Coyotes - Welcome home, boys...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How this team comes out for this game after the disaster in Detroit is gong to be a game in which I judge their character. If they don't play hard and tighten things up, then I'll highly question if this team will learn anything at all. Weird things happened in Detroit that helped with the outcome but I really expect a big bounce back game, if not, I really don't know what to say.

Really hope that Detroit game is one that kicks us in gear like that Chicaho game a year or two ago.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
How this team comes out for this game after the disaster in Detroit is gong to be a game in which I judge their character. If they don't play hard and tighten things up, then I'll highly question if this team will learn anything at all. Weird things happened in Detroit that helped with the outcome but I really expect a big bounce back game, if not, I really don't know what to say.

Really hope that Detroit game is one that kicks us in gear like that Chicaho game a year or two ago.

Not to be a downer, but I doubt it. Not to that degree anyways. The only reason that worked with Chicago is because we hate their guts and still hadn't proven to ourselves that we could beat them. Although we played crappy against the wings, this team knows it's fully capable of laying a beating on that wings team.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not to be a downer, but I doubt it. Not to that degree anyways. The only reason that worked with Chicago is because we hate their guts and still hadn't proven to ourselves that we could beat them. Although we played crappy against the wings, this team knows it's fully capable of laying a beating on that wings team.

When they blew us out, we went on a good run that season because it woke us up. I don't have the best memory, but I don't think it had anything to do with Chicago specifically.

:nod::handclap: I don't know why but it gave me a good laugh.

Just to make it clear, didn't do that on purpose. On my phone so I'm not even the least bit surprised I having a spelling error, and it just happened to be that error. :laugh:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Sucks that the next game vs. LA is on Saturday, because I already have a GDT image finished for that game. :rant:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
When they blew us out, we went on a good run that season because it woke us up. I don't have the best memory, but I don't think it had anything to do with Chicago specifically.

Just to make it clear, didn't do that on purpose. On my phone so I'm not even the least bit surprised I having a spelling error, and it just happened to be that error. :laugh:

I'll have to agree to disagree on that point bolded. I think it had everything to do with Chicago.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'll have to agree to disagree on that point bolded. I think it had everything to do with Chicago.

Like I said, I don't have the best memory with certain things, and I'm not 100% sure. Could you explain how it had to do with Chicago more? I know you already explained it somewhat, but I don't understand how getting blown out by them didn't kick us in gear the rest of the season as we tore up the NHL.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Like I said, I don't have the best memory with certain things, and I'm not 100% sure. Could you explain how it had to do with Chicago more? I know you already explained it somewhat, but I don't understand how getting blown out by them didn't kick us in gear the rest of the season as we tore up the NHL.

Wait, i do think it kicked us in gear.

The reason why I think it has so much to do with Chicago is because they were the team that had beaten us the previous 2 playoffs. 10-11 was supposed to be the Canucks year and it was finally time for the Canucks to show the Blackhawks who was boss. The Nov 2010 defeat by the Hawks absolutely made this team go bonkers. Such a demoralizing loss to the one team that they could not let get into their heads even more. That wasnt just a loss, it was another meltdown. The extra confidence they gained from beating the Hawks in the playoffs helped propel them all the way to the finals.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wait, i do think it kicked us in gear.

The reason why I think it has so much to do with Chicago is because they were the team that had beaten us the previous 2 playoffs. 10-11 was supposed to be the Canucks year and it was finally time for the Canucks to show the Blackhawks who was boss. The Nov 2010 defeat by the Hawks absolutely made this team go bonkers. Such a demoralizing loss to the one team that they could not let get into their heads even more. That wasnt just a loss, it was another meltdown. The extra confidence they gained from beating the Hawks in the playoffs helped propel them all the way to the finals.

On my phone so it must've autocorrected the part you bolded, I did mean it kicked us in gear.

I don't think the loss the Detroit is on the same stage as the one to Chicago, but I do feel it can be a loss that kicks us in gear to pick up our play, and possibly send us on a tear again for the regular season, and from there, could possibly give us more confidence heading into the playoffs.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I don't think the loss the Detroit is on the same stage as the one to Chicago, but I do feel it can be a loss that kicks us in gear to pick up our play, and possibly send us on a tear again for the regular season, and from there, could possibly give us more confidence heading into the playoffs.

I feel very much the same way. My hope is that getting annihilated will cause the team to tighten up its sloppy play (and, as we all know, we've seen a lot of that in spite of their record).

Was hardly disappointed at yesterday's result.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I feel very much the same way. My hope is that getting annihilated will cause the team to tighten up its sloppy play (and, as we all know, we've seen a lot of that in spite of their record).

Was hardly disappointed at yesterday's result.

IMO, getting blown out like that, we can only go up. I expect a good energy game with close to a full effort against Phoenix. I also wasnt all that upset at the loss last night. For one thing, I don't hate the Wings as much as say the Hawks, and the calls the refs made that ultimately led to PPG's made me laugh more than anything.

One of those games you laugh off, forget and improve on.

Steve Bennett*

12-1 Canucks

1st period

0:07 PHX Bolduc (Miele Lombardi)

2nd period

NO SCORING

3rd period

11:11 VCR Burrows (Hansen Schneider) SH
11:32 VCR Lapierre (Edler Hamhuis) SH
12:28 VCR Hamhuis (Kesler Higgins) SH
14:12 VCR Kassian (Sedin Sedin)
14:20 VCR Kassian (Tanev H Sedin)
15:01 VCR Kassian (Booth Torres)
15:40 VCR Kesler (Booth Ballard)
16:27 VCR Weise (unassisted)
17:27 VCR Kassian (Sedin Sedin)
18:27 VCR Hansen (Bieksa Garrison)
19:27 VCR Alberts (Torres)
19:58 VCR Hansen (Kassian Torres)

Bank on it...

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
12-1 Canucks

1st period

2nd period

NO SCORING

3rd period

Bank on it...

That's taking "Win da turd" to a whole new level.

Steve Bennett*

That's taking "Win da turd" to a whole new level.

The only thing to note is that Schroeder will have an off game, somehow posting a -1 with no points. But I think he will rebound for the next game with a couple-a points...

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
12-1 Canucks

1st period

2nd period

NO SCORING

3rd period

Bank on it...

You do realize that they don't record Torres for assists on our goals right? If anyone could do t it would be Torres though

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When the Devils game wasn't going well at all I turned on the Nucks game hoping to see something better. Unfortunately it was ugly too.

Get back on track with a win tomorrow!:yo:

Glad it's back to the 10:00 PM EST starts. Last weeks earlier games were messing with me!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad