Pre-Game Talk: GAME #19 - Canucks vs. Coyotes - Welcome home, boys...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I hope we lose the next 8 games so AV can be fired.

b31.jpg

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Oh and anyone that wants to go on a losing streak so we can get rid of AV, not going to happen. Only way that happens is if we miss the playoffs dramatically, and I think it goes without saying that if you are hoping for that you are an idiot.

So yeah, basically AV is never getting fired.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Oh and anyone that wants to go on a losing streak so we can get rid of AV, not going to happen. Only way that happens is if we miss the playoffs dramatically, and I think it goes without saying that if you are hoping for that you are an idiot.

So yeah, basically AV is never getting fired.

Gillis had to back AV last season. Another playoff exit in the 1st round and AV is gone. Aquilini is not going to sit by and let the same guys be in charge while he's losing out on a huge amount of playoff revenue.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Even though it's the first game back from a trip I'm optimistic. I think they'll play a tight game tomorrow.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Gillis had to back AV last season. Another playoff exit in the 1st round and AV is gone. Aquilini is not going to sit by and let the same guys be in charge while he's losing out on a huge amount of playoff revenue.

Did not know that. At least Aquilini still shows he cares a lot about a Cup, not just money. But I'll tell you what, firing Gillis would be a huge mistake though. He is I think most responsible for making this team what they are today, a perennial Stanley Cup-contender. Great hire by Aquilini and would hate to see him or Gilman leave.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Much as I want us to dominate Phoenix as we should. There is a small part that wants a losing streak to finally put the nail in AV's coffin.

That won't put the nail in his coffin. We would likely see a coaching change in the off season anyways (the season is too short to implement a new system, especially for us), why let it the season go to waste?

Anyways, this should be a win.

M A K A V E L I*

This has the makings of the Nashville game. Bring a pillow.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Unless we win a cup I think we see Lindy Ruff here next year, whether it's as an assistant or head coach.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
I see this as just a terribly boring hockey game. Not excited for this one.

I haven't liked AV for years, I think he's been terribly outcoached too many times in the playoffs and the SCF was the biggest example of that.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Did not know that. At least Aquilini still shows he cares a lot about a Cup, not just money. But I'll tell you what, firing Gillis would be a huge mistake though. He is I think most responsible for making this team what they are today, a perennial Stanley Cup-contender. Great hire by Aquilini and would hate to see him or Gilman leave.

If we get bounced early in the playoffs again, how are we a perennial Stanley Cup contender?

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
If we get bounced early in the playoffs again, how are we a perennial Stanley Cup contender?

What contender has gone deep every year? All the best teams have had their own playoff disappointments recently. Pittsburgh, check. Detroit, check. Chicago, check. Boston, check. New York, check. Every top team I can think of has washed out early in the last two years.

AV does have some faults but I think what he brings in terms of hard work and accountability can't be taken for granted. A new coach could push us over the top, but I'm also afraid that we might be kicking out a cornerstone. Who's to say that our current roster can maintain what it has currently under a new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad