Pre-Game Talk: GAME #19 - Canucks vs. Coyotes - Welcome home, boys...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
1df4bhO.gif
qWmEE1U.gif

IGQ7sI3.gif
QzIr639.gif

"Don't forget me!"

Elliott Pap said:
No Canuck practice Monday but 2 goalies, Kassian, Booth, Barker, Manny Malhotra on ice with goalie coach Melanson and skills coach Carnegie.

Roberto Luongo said:
(On his performance last game vs. Detroit) When you let in that many, it's embarrassing. I wasn't good enough tonight.

Raffi Torres said:
(On the Coyotes' last game, a loss vs. Calgary) We came out with some authority in the third...we got in trouble. We stopped playing.

Last edited:

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Too much to hope for they take out their anger on the coyotes?

Yup probably.

:(

Even if they do they will probably feel so good about themselves that they slack off and get destroyed by the kings.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
If people thought the Preds game the other night was boring, buckle up :laugh:

I suspect Schneider gets the start against the Coyotes, and if he plays well it wouldn't surprise me to see him get the game against the Kings too.

Hopefully Bowness can use the next two days to figure out the D pairings. *Hint, go back to what was working*

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
If people thought the Preds game the other night was boring, buckle up :laugh:

I suspect Schneider gets the start against the Coyotes, and if he plays well it wouldn't surprise me to see him get the game against the Kings too.

Hopefully Bowness can use the next two days to figure out the D pairings. *Hint, go back to what was working*

He can't with Bieksa hurt.

If Bieksa going down leads to an 8-3 loss then blow it up because they aren't winning a cup without kings level luck.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
He can't with Bieksa hurt.

If Bieksa going down leads to an 8-3 loss then blow it up because they aren't winning a cup without kings level luck.

Honestly, I would just slide Alberts beside Hamhuis for a game or two. Obviously you aren't going to be giving that pair the 22-23 minutes a game we usually see HamJuice get, but you can spread the minutes around and build on the chemistry we saw from the Edler/Tanev and Garrison/Ballard pairings.

Someone brought up a good point in the Red Wings GDT, if the Sens can survive losing Karrlson and still play solid defensive hockey, the Canucks coaching staff should be able to find a way to deal with the Bieksa injury for a game or two.

Sadly, I have zero confidence that the coaching staff will make any adjustments here. If I were to wager, I suspect we will see the same defensive pairings that we saw earlier today.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think we should try...

Hamhuis-Ballard
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Alberts

Hopefully with Hamhuis, Ballard can play his game (even if it's on his off side)

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
just fix the d pairing and we be fine...... come on Sens lost a lot of players but they still manage to win we can do the same without bieska

StringerBell

I think we should try...

Hamhuis-Ballard
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Alberts

Hopefully with Hamhuis, Ballard can play his game (even if it's on his off side)

Agreed. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Panther pair stick and have AHLberts play with Hamhuis. Would really like to see Edler and Tanev stay together though. Anyways I predict a boring 3-1 win.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Agreed. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Panther pair stick and have AHLberts play with Hamhuis. Would really like to see Edler and Tanev stay together though. Anyways I predict a boring 3-1 win.

Wouldnt mind AA with Hamhuis, he can probably babysit him better than the rest of our D. I also like the Eder-Tanev pair. I dont have much of a preference between
Hamhuis Ballard
Garrison Alberts

or

Hamhuis Alberts
Ballard Garrison

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
Am I the only one who thought Alberts didn't play too bad of a game, considering he hasn't played since April 2012? I mean he wasn't bobby orr but he was solid.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Am I the only one who thought Alberts didn't play too bad of a game, considering he hasn't played since April 2012? I mean he wasn't bobby orr but he was solid.

No, I'm with you. Thought he looked decent out there. I would prefer to have Bieksa back, of course, but Alberts was not the biggest thing to go wrong yesterday.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
No, I'm with you. Thought he looked decent out there. I would prefer to have Bieksa back, of course, but Alberts was not the biggest thing to go wrong yesterday.

He was running around a bit. That Brunner goal he chased into the corner to a player that was already being covered, then proceeded to back right into the shooting lane screening Lou.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Honestly, I would just slide Alberts beside Hamhuis for a game or two. Obviously you aren't going to be giving that pair the 22-23 minutes a game we usually see HamJuice get, but you can spread the minutes around and build on the chemistry we saw from the Edler/Tanev and Garrison/Ballard pairings.

Someone brought up a good point in the Red Wings GDT, if the Sens can survive losing Karrlson and still play solid defensive hockey, the Canucks coaching staff should be able to find a way to deal with the Bieksa injury for a game or two.

Sadly, I have zero confidence that the coaching staff will make any adjustments here. If I were to wager, I suspect we will see the same defensive pairings that we saw earlier today.

or, for no good reason, different ones altogether:

edler ballard
hamhuis garrison
alberts tanev?

do it bones. you know you want to.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Time to make Doan wish he signed in Vancouver. Enjoy your last years in Quebec, Doaner!

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Our first game vs pacific division teams is 0-2-1 so far. Not getting my hopes up especially just after a 8-3 blowout. Predicting 4-3 pheonix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->