GDT: Game 19 Bruins @ San Jose Sharks NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5 1030pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Let's go Bruins!! Last of the late night games!
Not so fast

In February they do the western Canadian death march and play Vancouver at 10 and Edmonton at 9. In between they have an odd 4 PM Monday afternoon game against Calgary. That's Presidents' Day here, but I don't understand why a Canadian team is playing a matinee for it. Is there a similar Canadian Holiday? Do they celebrate Prime Ministers' Day or something?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Not so fast

In February they do the western Canadian death march and play Vancouver at 10 and Edmonton at 9. In between they have an odd 4 PM Monday afternoon game against Calgary. That's Presidents' Day here, but I don't understand why a Canadian team is playing a matinee for it. Is there a similar Canadian Holiday? Do they celebrate Prime Ministers' Day or something?

Well, I meant in this stretch, not the rest of the season. That is a holiday in Alberta and Ontario.....Family Day.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
O'Gara-Carlo looks like an interesting d pair- size, defensive prowess, mobility. A possible future shutdown pair in the making with a bit of offensive upside.
Interesting, yes, but, "bit of offensive upside", meh. It would be a bonus, but I have yet to see that ability in either of these guys.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is why I like living in the central time zone. It's still late, but I can usually stay awake long enough.

minpind

I don't even watch Hockey.......
Oct 4, 2014
Weymouth
no work tomorrow...gettin ready for some special ADULTS ONLY late night with Jack...n Brick.

0kIb2da.gif

Adults are at a premium.
iu

Reactions: Wack Edwards

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Mexico City is in the Central Time Zone and it doesn't feel right.
I was born and raised in Maryland, and went to college on the Florida panhandle, central time. I didn't like it at first, but now I prefer it.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I was born and raised in Maryland, and went to college on the Florida panhandle, central time. I didn't like it at first, but now I prefer it.
West coast is actually pretty good. That World Series game that went until like 2 AM Eastern was over at 11 here. Games starting at 4 gives me time to do stuff afterward.

Only real issue is when I missed the Celtics opener because I was still in class.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Shocked that Szwarz is in the lineup again over Beleksey. I mean I get it, just never would have predicted it coming into the season. He's just so not part of the plan.

He's a passenger. Just riding out the rest of his contract here (or until he gets bought out). I'd take Szwarz over him in the lineup any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad