Cambridge, MA
upload_2017-11-18_12-55-54.png

upload_2017-11-18_12-57-22.png

upload_2017-11-18_12-58-16.png

WARNING NSFW - LANGUAGE

Tonight's Officials

130p_furlatt.jpg
130p_brenk.jpg

Referees Eric Furlatt (27), Jake Brenk (26)
Linesmen Lonnie Cameron (74), Steve Miller (89)

Ntl. Anthem Daniel Duffy Borup

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs SAN JOSE, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Kings are meeting for the 38th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 20-12-5-0 record and a 116-101 scoring advantage in those contests. - The Bruins are 9-7-2-0 in 18 games played between the teams in San Jose, with a 52-45 scoring edge. - Danton Heinen scored both Boston goals in a 2-1 win over the Sharks at TD Garden on 10/26, including a shorthanded goal that was his first career NHL goal.

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the SAP Center for their second and final matchup against the Sharks in 2017-18 … The Bruins are 7-7-4 this season and are 2-4-2 on the road thus far … They are 5-2-1 against Pacific Division foes and 7-4-1 against the Western Conference. - The Bruins are playing their third of three games in four nights and their third game of a four-game road trip … Boston lost 4-2 at Anaheim on 11/15, won 2-1 at Los Angeles on 11/16, and will visit New Jersey on 11/22.

FUN FACTS

The Bruins currently have 28 players on their roster, including 5 on injured reserve
12 were drafted by the team, 3 were acquired in trade and 13 were signed as free agents.

The Bruins play 10 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) … They have an 0-2-0 record in afternoon games so far.

The Bruins have played 3 of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 1-1-1 in the 1st game of those sets and are 1-2-0 in the 2nd games so far.

They are finishing their second of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season … They have gone 0-2-0 in game 1s, 1-0-1 in game 2s and 0-1-0 in game 3s of those series this season.

The Bruins are playing their ninth of 13 games in November (7 hm/6 rd, 3-4-1), after going 4-3-3 in the month of October. They will play 14 games in December (8 hm/6 rd), 13 in January (6 hm/7 rd), 13 in February (5hm/8 rd), 16 in March (8 hm/8 rd), and 4 in April (1 hm/3 rd).

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just found out we can watch both the Celtics and Bruins tonight at a downtown Mexico City sportsbar - Buffalo Wild Wings :laugh:

Called to see if they might have the game and the manager says - We have NESN, we have everything as we have a US DirecTV dish. I complimented him on his English and he replied 'I'm from Brooklyn' :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I will try and stay awake for this one.

Dobby should start. Good for him and the B's

Any word on Brad ?

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:
Yes I know Marchy is out tonight but was wondering what the word is on when he might return.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Cehlarik could be interesting. Definitely has upside to be a heavy cycling line.

Not looking like Krug will be in there.​

Last edited:

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
My eyes tell me;

I like what I've seen from O'Gara.

McAvoy plays bigger than his size and reminds me of Doughty.
Carlo seems to play smaller than he looks but he was thrown into the fire early and doesn't shy away from his job.

That MASH unit up front...? Just stay away from the injury bug.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
My eyes tell me;

I like what I've seen from O'Gara.

McAvoy plays bigger than his size and reminds me of Doughty.
Carlo seems to play smaller than he looks but he was thrown into the fire early and doesn't shy away from his job.

That MASH unit up front...? Just stay away from the injury bug.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel Carlo, this season, has been more physical than last.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Other than placing him on IR don't think they have said anymore.At least I haven't seen anything else.

I'm 99% sure they're strongly discouraged from saying anything about Marchand regarding timeline or progression, since AFAIK he's still going through the concussion protocol. They just put him on IR when they figured he wouldn't make it out to California; you can do it retroactive to last Sunday, and it only has to last for 7 days, which makes him technically able to play on Wednesday in New Jersey, if he's able.

Not sure I like playing Dobby, but it's not the worst move, I guess. Yeah...I guess he played out of his mind on Thursday...but I don't think Rask has been sloppy. I think Rask's been a victim of circumstance (more key players out, tougher teams) more than anything, and he probably should get a second chance. When was the last time a healthy, rested Rask was benched? I think you'd probably have to go to back at least as far as the shortened 2013 season - Johnson, Svedberg, and Gustavsson never earned any trust from Clode (and rightfully so for the last two), and I don't think Khudobin ever got an "extra game" like this last year when Rask was healthy.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
With a hit and a smile, Noel Acciari serves it up for the Bruins - The Boston Globe

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Noel Acciari is intent on leaving a mark on the game. In fact, lots of marks.
As of Saturday morning, the 25-year-old Bruins forward sat atop the NHL for hits per game among players with five or more games played this season, averaging a hefty 4.4 smacks each outing.
Next in line: Oiler defenseman Adam Larsson (4.1) and Buffalo blueliner Justin Falk (3.9).
A reliable, and shall we say, present, third- or fourth-line center/wing, the ex-Providence College standout doesn’t project to be nearly as prolific with his offense. His game is hits, often of the board-rattling, bone-crushing variety. He delivered 10 smacks on the Anaheim Ducks Wednesday night and — as is always the case for the Rock of Rhode Island — was looking to add to his total here Saturday night when the Bruins faced the Sharks at the SAP Center.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
■ Krug’s availability will be assessed after the club skates on Saturday. If he is unlikely to play in the Cali wrap, then perhaps the club will reach down to AHL Providence for a sub. Logical pick: Matt Grzelcyk.
■ Not allowed to take pictures in the Bruins dressing room. But picture this: a 6-foot-9-inch/250 Chara giving a piggyback ride to a 5-9/190 Krug. Kinda like bring-your-kid-to-work day.

:laugh:

Anton Khudobin may have earned a second straight start - The Boston Globe

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
This one will be on a bit late Irish time for me but here's hoping the Bruins make it two from two. The bit of Irish luck I threw at them the last night seemed to work a treat so here's another bit ☘️. GO BRUINS.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bergeron's next goal will tie him with Bobby Orr for 8th place in goals scored for the Bruins. Of course, Bergeron has also played a "few" more games than Orr. :laugh: But still, a nice accomplishment.

Take into consideration that Orr played defense while Bergeron plays forward. It took Bergeron 900+ games to reach Bobby. Holy Christ, haha.

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
Any anyone see Tuka comment on Dobby's start... he was very professional and said.. i would do the same thing if i was the coach. Anyone who feels that this team would be better off without Rask is kidding themselves. He is one of the best in the game but all goalies have up and down games. Some of the goals scored on him are more to do with the team not being a whole. If this team gets healthy they will be ok. so will Tuka. Have seen alot of goalies in the past 50 yrs of being a hockey fan and even the legends have had bad games.

Reactions: caz16 and sooshii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad