GDT: Game 19 Bruins @ San Jose Sharks NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5 1030pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
If we get the same effort we did in LA the Bruins should have another chance to come out of this game with some points.

Consistency is key. The kids are still learning this so hopefully this will be another step in the right direction.

Happy Cassidy gave Doobie the start as it shows the team that playing well night in and nigh out will be rewarded.

Tuukka can learn a thing or two as well here. With this roster your play determines you ice time.

Good to see IMO.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes, Go B's! Glad to see Dobby in net. He's earned it. Per team website no Marchie or Bjork and Krug is apparently day-to-day so will be a game time (or thereabouts) decision.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Yes, Go B's! Glad to see Dobby in net. He's earned it. Per team website no Marchie or Bjork and Krug is apparently day-to-day so will be a game time (or thereabouts) decision.
Doby has earned it, And if he wins again, he earns it again, and then is where the 7 million dollar a year headache or head case will start to ##### and moan, if Doby keeps it up we will find out a lot about Rask mental make up....

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Good on Cassidy for starting Dobby. The team has had good success with him in net, so given this lineup and the trickiness in getting points with so many injuries it makes total sense to go with the guy who has the hotter hand. I really hope the Bs' D plays more like it did against LA and less like the Anaheim game. That means eliminating costly brain farts on D as well as throwing bodies around in the crease and slot areas rather than trying to play D with the stick. A point or two tonight would make the trip pretty successful IMO.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Doby has earned it, And if he wins again, he earns it again, and then is where the 7 million dollar a year headache or head case will start to ##### and moan, if Doby keeps it up we will find out a lot about Rask mental make up....

Come on, why spoil the thread with this sort of negativity? Can we just be happy for Dobby earning a second consecutive start through good play without having to make it about trashing Tuuka?

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Come on, why spoil the thread with this sort of negativity? Can we just be happy for Dobby earning a second consecutive start through good play without having to make it about trashing Tuuka?
Not trashing him.....I want him to succeed. But you have to wonder how he would react to losing his job in any way. I thin it is a legit question and playing Doby again makes it a fair assumption. Not trying to trash....But this is important i think.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If you think there’s a controversy here, cool it, because even the suddenly displaced Rask understands the move at a time when the Bruins are trying to gain their sea legs in the turbulent waters of their 2017-18 season. Khudobin is getting the job done, and the Bruins aren’t in a position to deny him the chance to keep doing it.
“Absolutely, I would have done the same thing if I was the coach,” noted Rask, who watched Khudobin’s tidy, 27-save effort in LA that extended his record to 4-0-2. “He played a heckuva game and his results have been there. I haven’t been able to get wins in the past few starts, so it’sunderstandable.”

Anton Khudobin earned start Saturday for Bruins - The Boston Globe

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not trashing him.....I want him to succeed. But you have to wonder how he would react to losing his job in any way. I thin it is a legit question and playing Doby again makes it a fair assumption. Not trying to trash....But this is important i think.

Fair enough but it's probably a little early to worry about this. Tuuka is a grown man with a child and is a professional. He surely can't be happy about how things are going, but I wouldn't think it's any concern just yet. If it happens several more times, then yeah, maybe we end up with a bit of a goalie controversy but as of now and in light of the article Wally posted, I think it's a whole lot of nothing other than a team going with the hot hand when they desperately need points.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

You called him a head case who bitches and moans. Whatever your intention, that’s trashing.

Feel better, Ali!
Let’s go B’s!!

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Best case scenario is an offensive outburst, relatively easy win, and then you can put Rask back in there for the next game. That way Doby moves forward with some confidence, Rask feels a renewed sense of urgency, lifts his own game, and then you're cookin'... then you're cookin' with gas, my friends...

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Best case scenario is an offensive outburst, relatively easy win, and then you can put Rask back in there for the next game. That way Doby moves forward with some confidence, Rask feels a renewed sense of urgency, lifts his own game, and then you're cookin'... then you're cookin' with gas, my friends...
I'm not seeing any offensive outburst coming from this lineup anytime soon.Lol

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hopefully Dobby continues to play well.

Could you imagine the *($# on this board if both of them were stinking it up??? :facepalm:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You called him a head case who *****es and moans. Whatever your intention, that’s trashing.

Feel better, Ali!
Let’s go B’s!!
He is a head case who bitches and moans. Thats a fact. He has proven that over his career. Thats not trashing, it is just stating what he has shown himself to be.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I will try and stay awake for this one.

Dobby should start. Good for him and the B's

Any word on Brad ?

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He is a head case who *****es and moans. Thats a fact. He has proven that over his career. Thats not trashing, it is just stating what he has shown himself to be.
It's fact? So I assume you have quotes or sources to back this up right?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He is a head case who *****es and moans. Thats a fact. He has proven that over his career. Thats not trashing, it is just stating what he has shown himself to be.

Mind proving some of those "facts"? You seem very sure of yourself, so it'd be nice for you to provide examples...Quotes, clips, etc. etc.

This, to me, smells like a case of a poster who has no clue, and is just making baseless claims because they don't like the player. Kind of like the ones who claim he, "doesn't care" and reference body language on the ice as their reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad