GDT: Game 19: Blackhawks (10-7-1) @ Oilers (6-12-0) | 11/18/15 8:30 pm (CSNC,RSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Doesn't really matter. It's easy to say when your team benefits, but thems the breaks.

Champions overcome. They win games they shouldn't and battle through tough calls. Excuses are for losers.

Agree with the Champions finding ways to win. This definitely wasn't our first time getting two points when we didn't deserve the loser point.

Glad that we seem to have the mentality of never quitting even when we look as disinterested as we did tonight.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yep. Some teams find ways to win. Others ways to lose.

It's why I just laugh and shake my head whenever Hawk fans doubt this team or it's core. I mean, what more do they need to do to deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Yep. Some teams find ways to win. Others ways to lose.

It's why I just laugh and shake my head whenever Hawk fans doubt this team or it's core. I mean, what more do they need to do to deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Everything comes in waves, and truth be told, those who are overly critical of this team will have a tough going when we have a legitimately poor outing and are forced to build our team back up.

We must just enjoy these years while they are here, for they are the best of times.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
The Hawks are a much better team with Keith in the lineup. Who among us could have guessed?!?!?!?!

home-alone-surprised-face.png_zpsesqkwm6y.jpeg

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I agree with 50.

Hawks had all kinds of problem clearing the zone all night long.
Way too soft on their clearing attempts.

Someone should tell them sometimes it's okay to ice the puck...

I only caught the first half of the game and will watch the rest this evening, but "soft" is a good description from what I observed. In all aspects. I'd say wimpy is more accurate.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I only caught the first half of the game and will watch the rest this evening, but "soft" is a good description from what I observed. In all aspects. I'd say wimpy is more accurate.

Love to get your take on 2nd Oil goal. IMO Rozy was a statue and forget what/where he was doing.

I know the injury and all that but he's making Brent Sopel look like Tony Amonte thus far.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Love to get your take on 2nd Oil goal. IMO Rozy was a statue and forget what/where he was doing.

I know the injury and all that but he's making Brent Sopel look like Tony Amonte thus far.

I was watching the TSN feed. The commentators mentioned that in practice, Oilers were working extensively on getting the puck to the goalies skates, then rushing the net. The word is out on Hawks' weak coverage near the blue paint.... and both of our goaltenders seem to struggle with that strategy as well. Q needs to address it.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I was watching the TSN feed. The commentators mentioned that in practice, Oilers were working extensively on getting the puck to the goalies skates, then rushing the net. The word is out on Hawks' weak coverage near the blue paint.... and both of our goaltenders seem to struggle with that strategy as well. Q needs to address it.

We've been pointing that out for a few years now. Amazing it takes that long for opps to game plan it.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I haven't been impressed with Rozy so far, (not surprising), but he has still been better than Rundblad showed earlier this year.

Rozi will always be better than Rundblad, even if he isn't back to being 100 percent. However, he looked a lot like Rundblad on Flames 2nd goal Wednesday - it was difficult to watch, like he forgot he was playing hockey. I'll chalk it up to rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad