GDT: Game 19: Blackhawks (10-7-1) @ Oilers (6-12-0) | 11/18/15 8:30 pm (CSNC,RSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois

Qevg1wI.png

(10-7-1)---------------------------(6-12-0)
chicago-blackhawks-1955.png
T71Z1h1.png
150px-Logo_Edmonton_Oilers_Alternate.svg.png

Date: Wednesday, November 18th
Time: 8:30 PM CST
Channel:CSNC, RSN
Place:Rexall Place

giphy.gif

medium.png

hXTOENi.png

medium.png

InuL6kG.png

small.png

6phQHkD.png

7XlCshy.png

small.png

LwYgNiV.png

8rBP7Zs.png

Yahoo! Sports said:
CLICK HERE for the Blackhawks-Oilers preview source
Following two consecutive strong performances, the Chicago Blackhawks have built some momentum heading into their longest trip of the season.

They'll kick off the six-game western trek looking for a third consecutive victory Wednesday night against the Edmonton Oilers.

With Patrick Kane still on an offensive tear and veteran defensemen Duncan Keith and Michael Rozsival back on the ice, Chicago (10-7-1) won 4-2 at St. Louis on Saturday, then 4-1 over Calgary a night later.

"That was probably our best two games back-to-back, and the consistency that we always look for was right there,'' coach Joel Quenneville said. "We've got to play well on this road trip and prove we can play the same way."

The Blackhawks are 2-5-0 on the road and allow an average of 3.3 goals there - 1.4 more than at home - but head into their annual circus trip feeling confident. After snapping that five-game road skid Saturday, Chicago outshot the Flames 41-26.

"I think we're excited about that and hopefully carry it on to the road," said Keith, who has played almost 52 minutes in two games since missing 10 with a knee injury.

Kane has 10 goals and 12 assists during a 13-game point streak - one shy of matching his career-high run from 2013-14. He can also become the first Blackhawk to score a goal in eight consecutive contests since Joe Murphy's nine-game run in 1994-95.

''I think if you start worrying about that stuff, it's only going to go to your disadvantage,'' Kane said.

''We want to show up every game for our team and make sure we're doing our job, whether it's offensively or defensively.''

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think this team was in a bit of a flux after losing McDavid, hence I very much doubt we see the same pushover that Oilers were on Nov 08 at the UC. The same warning applies as last time however: don't play pond hockey against these guys! I'm sure Q is preaching the same thing.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
My only real hope for this game is that The Breadmaster and Buttery Pat focus on decimating the Oil D/G and not look for the cutesy pretty goals.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
Ditto on the thanks and praise for the GDT.

I am eager to see what this year's model can do on the Circus Trip. Since the '09-'10 season they've never done worse than 3-3, and the last two seasons they've only lost one. I'd be happy with 4-2 this time around.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Hawks 12-0

Kane and Panarin 6 goals, 6 assists a piece. Anisimov 12 assists.

SOG 62-5

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
14 team league and some teams have three goalies. You're just reaching for starts at some point.

Ah

Only played fantasy hockey for one year and it was too much for me (Always constantly having to tinker with lineup/etc)

I played 3 years of fantasy football and it was much more enjoyable and easier to handle given NFL only plays on Thur/Sun/MOn

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Who the hell decided to make this an 8:30 game? I've never liked these late starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad