GDT: Game 19: Blackhawks (10-7-1) @ Oilers (6-12-0) | 11/18/15 8:30 pm (CSNC,RSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
FrankTheTank.gif

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
So Panarin with 3 points tonite? I said it early - this kid is gonna win the Calder. He's gonna get at least 35 points on assists simply by playing the same line and first pp unit with 88

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Toews has 40% of the amount of points as Kane. I know his scoring will pick up and Kane will eventually cool off a little bit, but God damn.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
GG Hawksbros. That was the closest the Oilers have played to a playoff game in a long time

You guys deserved the win.

Great game by Hall. For my money he was the best player for either team.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The Oilers aren't far off. McDavid, Hall, Drai, and Nurse are or will be be stars. They've got lots of secondary talent to move to fit in the rest of the pieces they'll need. They're going to be a problem if Chia handles that squad correctly.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hossa finally pots a break-away....so we won a game we probably should not have...Draisaitl sure looked like a $10.5 million player...Toews (except of face-offs) looked like he wasn't even a $1.5 million player..He stunk out there..He looks SLOW...again...too many very poor where is the talent game/ability question arises because we have seen this awful missing something/not his normal way too often this season.If he is hurt that would be one thing..but if this is just disinterest / ot enough want/or cannot summon the desire to skate at top speed required to be a 1C and NOT BEING ABLE to generate scoring chances for himself and linemates..whatever..he looked real stinky tonight and was shown up by Draisaitl who played magnificently creating a threat to us on many shifts while Toews looked like no three at all to tge Oilers. .So unless some physical problem. ..I am very disappointed by this WTF performance by Toews.. $10.5 million? A JOKE!

Overall our team did not play well..too poor on clear g lucks from.oiur zone...too slow to get to loose pucks in the corners of our d-zone...Not no ugh shots and scoring chances I tge o-zone...Just not a good game from our guys at all..

CC saved us and we get the 2 points..But Q cannot be happy.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
I agree with 50.

Hawks had all kinds of problem clearing the zone all night long.
Way too soft on their clearing attempts.

Someone should tell them sometimes it's okay to ice the puck...

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Well, I'm going to have to quit going on our oppositions threads. Told the Oilers that we were outplayed, Hall played well, and that the deserved more than the point.

Their response? The NHL and refs hate the us so we aren't surprised. Not to mention a whole lot of 'Get outta here bud'.

Sometimes this place sucks.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Well, I'm going to have to quit going on our oppositions threads. Told the Oilers that we were outplayed, Hall played well, and that the deserved more than the point.

Their response? The NHL and refs hate the us so we aren't surprised. Not to mention a whole lot of 'Get outta here bud'.

Sometimes this place sucks.

Nobody wants to hear that after a loss on their home board. It's their sanctuary. Even with good intentions it comes off as patronizing.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Thanks. I guess I don't feel that way about a game in November, but okay.

You have to understand that it's like your beautiful ex coming back with a new boyfriend saying she's okay with being friends.

We are immensely frustrated because the Oilers just cannot seem to win a game no matter how well they play. And here we are in 30th place. Another season already done before the turn of the calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad