Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - Battle of Senapredia: Preds (12-5-2) vs. Sens (9-5-4) | 7:30ET (6:30CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Forgot that one three goals allowed game was Hutton allowing two, then an EN late.

Today is one of three for Hutton ... it was 0-2 prior ... with a better sv% than, and comparable GAA to Rinne ... percentages ruined by the skaters in front of Hutton tonight. :p:

The huge difference is goal support. 1 goal scored by the Preds in each game Hutton started prior to tonight, and only 1 goal so far this evening. Peks only has one win with that level of goal support ... his shutout vs Winnipeg.

But this is an offensively minded team ... right? More support that we really depend on the goaltending and defense on most nights. If only we could catch a struggling Leafs team every night.

What are you trying to say here? I think games played plays a major factor there. We saw what happens when Hutton plays at a rate closer to the rate Rinne plays at.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I still think we can take this one if we stay attacking. Sometimes I think Seth is overrated. Sometimes I am filled with hope for him. Tonight is more of the former than the latter.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
By this time last season they had already been shutout 4 times. If you can't see how much this team has changed I don't know what else to say.

Also yes this team has not had a two goal comeback win but they have only had 4 two goal deficits and one they did comeback to tie it only to lose late.

I see a difference, but the facts remain that this team hasn't yet won a game when allowing three goals .. hasn't come back from a two goal deficit ... until it erupted for nine goals against the Leafs (a team coming off a blowout by the last place Sabres) averaged less goals than all but one Preds teams since the 04-05 lockout ... a team that has one home PP goal for the season (matched by its one home shortie allowed). Or should I look to the statistical outlier at Toronto and base all assessments on it rather than the bulk of the season?

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
I still think we can take this one if we stay attacking. Sometimes I think Seth is overrated. Sometimes I am filled with hope for him. Tonight is more of the former than the latter.

Seth is only 20. He will be a phenom give it time.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
I see a difference, but the facts remain that this team hasn't yet won a game when allowing three goals .. hasn't come back from a two goal deficit ... until it erupted for nine goals against the Leafs (a team coming off a blowout by the last place Sabres) averaged less goals than all but one Preds teams since the 04-05 lockout ... a team that has one home PP goal for the season (matched by its one home shortie allowed). Or should I look to the statistical outlier at Toronto and base all assessments on it rather than the bulk of the season?

You should base it on us winning, with the occasional loss. :)

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
The team's record is wonderful ... the play isn't ... it is possible to recognize both glaring facts.

I think the play has been just fine, better than most of the conference, and we outplay almost every team we play. Statistics aren't everything.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The team's record is wonderful ... the play isn't ... it is possible to recognize both glaring facts.

Most of us expected this team to play bad while adjusting to a new style of play after 15 years of the same style. They have plenty of holes but are finding ways to win most of the time.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
How interesting seeing that time out. McCarthy and Laviolette trading talking time, only saw the Sens head coach talking.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
We played hard that period tough loss but 35 shots and 19 for Ottawa, we win that game 8/10 times, Lehra just had a good game.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm sure I will be in the minority on this crazy board, but I'm not fretting too much over this one- we aren't going to win every game, and we really took it to them in the 3rd period and had fantastic pressure in the final minutes. Almost doubled their shots....

Again, we aren't going to win every game- just look at tonight- Tampa Bay lost to the same Toronto team we destroyed and St. Louis got dominated at Montreal.

We are 12-5-2, in first place, and coming home for a nice long homestand- I will take it.....

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver

This is just inaccurate. The play is inconsistent, but is often fairly wonderful. Tonight is a perfect example; dominated the first and third and **** the bed in the 2nd. SOG totals are not perfect, but when you're @2x the opposing team, you're generally doing some things well. It's neither glaring, nor a fact, hence why you're one of the only ones here who feel this way. We can discuss the advanced stats if you want as well. This team is materially better than most recent previous NSH iterations in almost every objective method outside of special teams, which has been terrible.

Tough loss, but if we have to give 2 points to someone, happy to give it to the Sens.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
I'm sure I will be in the minority on this crazy board, but I'm not fretting too much over this one- we aren't going to win every game, and we really took it to them in the 3rd period and had fantastic pressure in the final minutes. Almost doubled their shots....

Again, we aren't going to win every game- just look at tonight- Tampa Bay lost to the same Toronto team we destroyed and St. Louis got dominated at Montreal.

We are 12-5-2, in first place, and coming home for a nice long homestand- I will take it.....

I agree with you. This team is just fine. I wasn't expecting this team to make the playoffs at the beginning of the year, however I am cautiously optimistic.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This is just inaccurate. The play is inconsistent, but is often fairly wonderful. Tonight is a perfect example; dominated the first and third and **** the bed in the 2nd. SOG totals are not perfect, but when you're @2x the opposing team, you're generally doing some things well. It's neither glaring, nor a fact, hence why you're one of the only ones here who feel this way. We can discuss the advanced stats if you want as well. This team is materially better than most recent previous NSH iterations in almost every objective method outside of special teams, which has been terrible.

Tough loss, but if we have to give 2 points to someone, happy to give it to the Sens.

Exactly- I would have posted the same exact thing, but I have made a vow to not reply to those posts anymore-

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Sucks to not get at least a point out of games like this. This game goes to show you that you can go full ret*** for about 10 minutes and carry the rest of the game and still lose. Hutton was simply outplayed tonight.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
The summary of this game in one photo:
B271e2iCAAEnS8H.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad