Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - Battle of Senapredia: Preds (12-5-2) vs. Sens (9-5-4) | 7:30ET (6:30CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
It isn't being negative, it's understanding that while the wins are great there are still issues in the overall play. Facts are neither positive or negative, the simply are. The defensive responses those facts bring out in some people are quite revealing when looking at the human dimension.

Somehow you equate celebration of a win (or taking a loss in stride) with an inability to read a stat line.

Those of us who are celebrating victories are quite aware our PP and PK are abysmal. We're aware that our top line is scoring a majority of the goals. We're aware that Rinne is playing like the elite goaltender he is. We're aware there are issues which must see progress if we are to make the playoffs.

"Human dimension" goes both ways. The only plausible explanation for your continued and insistent pointing out of the negative (which we already know) is to be able to celebrate "I told you so."

For the team to remain at/near the top of the standings requires addressing the issues. Here is what I foresee happening. The team will lose a couple in a row ... it's inevitable ... then people here will start discussing the very issues I've highlighted for a while with a very different tone than we see now. This team is playing a game with little margin for error right now. Luckily, most of the times we've danced on that edge things have fallen in our direction but that is highly unlikely to continue at its current rate. Eventually the overall play catches up and teams in the bottom third of PP ranking, bottom sixth of PK, and that haven't won a single game in regulation when allowing three or more goals start to slip down the standings. I for one would like to see those issues addressed, and fixed, before they cause damage. Pretending they don't exist doesn't eliminate them.

So, the theory is that Peter Laviolette and the assistants are blind to these issues? Or that you pointing them out and us agreeing is the solution?

Of course we'll lose a couple in a row. It happens to every NHL team. And of course we'll discuss the poor statistical categories which are contributing. And I'm sure some people will be upset. It's human nature during a losing streak. I'm sure our coaches are discussing these problems every single day. But I'm also sure they're not about to give up on the season because they see negative "facts." They do their best to address them and then see what happens when the team hits the ice.

People have agreed over and over that we need more secondary scoring and improvement on the PP and PK. What else is it that we're supposed to do?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Actually I wasn't expecting this team to make the playoffs this year, so no I will not be part of that group. From the looks of it, no one else will either. Teams lose games in the NHL it happens. This team is much better and plays a more aggressive style than any Trotz team and that's good enough for me.
Really?

I mean, I guess can understand it considering the division, but the team barely missed the playoffs last season and is a better roster top-to-bottom with a healthy Rinne this season.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Really?

I mean, I guess can understand it considering the division, but the team barely missed the playoffs last season and is a better roster top-to-bottom with a healthy Rinne this season.

I was expecting an adjustment period, and the division to hold us out. Possibly finishing 5th ahead of Colorado and just barely missing. However, after watching them play I changed that prediction to 2nd, however if we were to lose a lot of games I still wouldn't be upset. I'm just happy to see new direction. In my own circles I've been asking for Trotz to be gone for 4 years now. : P I like him as a coach, you just can't stay in one spot for too long in today's professional sports.

I want Lavi for about 5 years and then I'll be clamoring for him to be changed as well. Just the nature of the beast.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Can't help but think that we would have had a point out of this one with Rinne in the net instead of Hutton. Oh well. You also can't play your #1 all 82 games.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Unlike the last few years, I didn't lose hope in this team scoring the tying goal even with 10 seconds to go. We won't win them all, but I do like the effort.

But no pie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Can't help but think that we would have had a point out of this one with Rinne in the net instead of Hutton. Oh well. You also can't play your #1 all 82 games.
The Devils have started Schneider in all 19 games haha, but I agree. Unless Rinne has a rare dud game, we're taking one point at the least last night. That being said, Lehner hadn't been playing well in his starts and withstood our barrage of chances last night so I have to give him credit. If with a pretty weak performance by Hutton, I think we probably win that matchup 7 times out of 10 with the same goalies playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad