GDT: Game #19 • "An Exorcise in Futility?" • Oilers @ Devils • Nov 21 2022 • 5 PM • SN/630 CHED

Which Oilers demon is the hardest to exorcise?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Skinner better be playing. Guy is a stud. One of the best goalies in the league, AND he's playing behind one of the worst defensives.

Imagine him on Colorado with that group. Vezina quality without a doubt. No goalie should look good here, yet he shines. Top tier goalie by eye test and stats. There isn't some big regression coming either, his mechanics have looked the same for years.

I mean he looks Vezina quality here. If he played on a solid defensive team I imagine he'd have a couple shut outs.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Been so busy the last few days that I forgot the Oilers are playing the Devils tonight (I'm going to the Rangers game on Saturday). It would be really really nice if the Oilers were the ones to break the Devils winning streak.
Any word on if Skinner or Campbell is starting tonight. It has to be Skinner, no?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Been so busy the last few days that I forgot the Oilers are playing the Devils tonight (I'm going to the Rangers game on Saturday). It would be really really nice if the Oilers were the ones to break the Devils winning streak.
Any word on if Skinner or Campbell is starting tonight. It has to be Skinner, no?

Looks like it's Skinner

Reactions: CupofOil

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Shore and Malone has to be outstanding lockerroom guys.
I have understand that McDsvid and Shore are tight, but it gets a bit ridicolous.

Agreed on calling up Benson. Let him show his worth for at least 10 games. But Holland maybe knows already that Oilers developement sucks, and saving Holloway from Bakersfield, playing 5D chess.. against his own organisation...?

Things doesnt make sense anymore.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
They broke our win streak. We will break theirs

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
It’s about time Catholics banded together and pressured the Devils to change their offensive and blasphemous name.

Far, far more religious people in the world care about the Devil than just Catholics.

All adherents of the major Abrahamic religions (Christians, Jews and Muslims) believe in the Devil in some form. That's more than half the people in the world.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
we're gonna get clapped either way today tbh

one of the best 5v5 teams this year vs one of the worst

Reactions: xigon

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I predict a standard Oiler road game against a good opponent - meaning that the effort will be there, it will likely be a lower scoring one goal game, and we will need to rely on solid goaltending to get through some rough patches defensively.

I think we win this one.

Except that 1 loss when scoring first was against this very Devils team. So does that mean we shouldn't score first?

I believe the Devils are 6-0 when getting scored on first as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Except that 1 loss when scoring first was against this very Devils team. So does that mean we shouldn't score first?
the Devils - somehow - have a 100% win rate when they don't score first and all three of their losses have come when they have scored first...

Reactions: bone

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Im hoping Yamo misses enough time to get a conditioning stint in the minors, he could use some big minutes being the main guy.

Im happy Malone is back in the lineup. Now send down Ryan and call up Hamblin.

Kostin-McLeod-Puljujarvi
Holloway-Malone-Hamblin

Very nice mix of size, speed, talent and toughness. It would be our best built bottom 6 in recent memory.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I'm going off memory here but IIRC it was the Devils back in the early 2000's that ended the Oilers team record setting 9 game winning streak. Let's get some revenge tonight. :thumbu:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
the Devils - somehow - have a 100% win rate when they don't score first and all three of their losses have come when they have scored first...
There you go. Here's to New Jersey scoring first!!!

Also interestingly, New Jersey has not lost a game they trailed after 1 period (granted it was only twice). However, they haven't lost any game where they were tied or leading going into the third.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad