GDT: Game #19 • "An Exorcise in Futility?" • Oilers @ Devils • Nov 21 2022 • 5 PM • SN/630 CHED

Which Oilers demon is the hardest to exorcise?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The second period the last time we played the Devils was the last time we played a dominant period top to bottom. So who knows in this one.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I miss the most influencal choice. Crappy prospect and player developement.
Yes, Oilers draft the wrong players pretty damn often; Yakupov, pääjärvi, puljujärvi at 4(no hate on Jesse, but he aint a 4th overall, even at draftday.), yamamoto. Instead of Dobson etc.

But more crucial is the developement. No wonder Marino wanted out. He saw what would be coming for him here. Good for him.
Oilers having a REAL HARD TIME to make prospects contributing NHL players. They are always halfways. To slow, to soft, to weak, to stupid, to damn bad, to average. And everyone sucks at defence.
In short; this organisation cant educate proper defence. Is it a culture thing , Sure - I bet, but there had to be more that linger.

Almost every coach here has expressed a concern about bad habits. Eakins may gone to fqr, but I think he pointed his finger at the right spot.
Something is wrong culturewise. To many players exchanged to fast? Almost oilers whole lineup had changed every 3 years. Hard to get something consistent then.

But foremost. Almost every player sucks at NHL defence.
Yamamoto was not the same draft as Dobson we took Bouchard instead of Dobson. Yams was taken 22 overall in 2017. There were not many options left on the board for that one. Yakupov fooled 28/30 GMs as only two said they would have taken anyone over yak at number 1. Murray the second choice didn’t do much either. The best choice from that draft was either Reilly or Forsberg both were not listed as top 3 by anyone. PRV was taken right where he was expected and only Ryan Ellis was a better choice in that spot. Puju over Tkachuck or Sergachev was a mistake for sure but again no one was calling Puju to drop to 4 at all. Hindsight is 20/20 my friend.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
In Skinner we trust.

They need to just move Holloway back to Bako for 8-10 weeks and play Shore on LW instead.

Not complaining but wonder what is up with Yamamoto? Not on this trip..

My guess using my PhD in Internet Degree of Medicine is concussion symptoms and he's not passing the baseline testing.

Reactions: Leonardlizard

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
That’s a lot of sins to confess @Cloned I need multiple check marks but not starting on time checks a lot of the other boxes by default. Good pole.

The Devils certainly look like have a good team this year and their fans apologized to their coach.

But all good streaks must come to an end and it’s time for the Oilers to bust these streakers.

Hi to all the Devils fans reading our GDT. Hope all is forgiven from my big mouth from our last game against you. Devils sure shoved it up my ass in that one lol.

If we start on time we win this one, I’ll say 5-3.
Let’s hope we can sing this Tuesday
That’s a lot of sins to confess @Cloned I need multiple check marks but not starting on time checks a lot of the other boxes by default. Good pole.

The Devils certainly look like have a good team this year and their fans apologized to their coach.

But all good streaks must come to an end and it’s time for the Oilers to bust these streakers.

Hi to all the Devils fans reading our GDT. Hope all is forgiven from my big mouth from our last game against you. Devils sure shoved it up my ass in that one lol.

If we start on time we win this one, I’ll say 5-3.
let’s hope we can sing this at end of week

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I miss the most influencal choice. Crappy prospect and player developement.
Yes, Oilers draft the wrong players pretty damn often; Yakupov, pääjärvi, puljujärvi at 4(no hate on Jesse, but he aint a 4th overall, even at draftday.), yamamoto. Instead of Dobson etc.

But more crucial is the developement. No wonder Marino wanted out. He saw what would be coming for him here. Good for him.
Oilers having a REAL HARD TIME to make prospects contributing NHL players. They are always halfways. To slow, to soft, to weak, to stupid, to damn bad, to average. And everyone sucks at defence.
In short; this organisation cant educate proper defence. Is it a culture thing , Sure - I bet, but there had to be more that linger.

Almost every coach here has expressed a concern about bad habits. Eakins may gone to fqr, but I think he pointed his finger at the right spot.
Something is wrong culturewise. To many players exchanged to fast? Almost oilers whole lineup had changed every 3 years. Hard to get something consistent then.

But foremost. Almost every player sucks at NHL defence.
Dobson wasn't the yammo year.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Should be an interesting one.

You never know which Edmonton will show up. I wasnt surprised that we beat Vegas.

Team shows up when you least expect it.

That being said, I think they are going to struggle against NJ tonight. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: xigon and Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad