GDT: Game #18 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
That bottom six looks like it would struggle to score on an empty net.

Not sure about the second line. How is Alfie at center? Tatar and Helm could create a ton of scoring opportunities with their speed.

skinneh

#FireHolland
Jul 17, 2009
Winnipeg
That bottom six looks like it would struggle to score on an empty net.

Not sure about the second line. How is Alfie at center? Tatar and Helm could create a ton of scoring opportunities with their speed.

Centers are on the left. Not sure why they post it like that sometimes.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think that second line is the best we can muster so /approve. But a goal from that bottom six would be a gift from above.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Got my tickets to the alumni game. 71 bucks per ticket. I have a feeling watching Lidstrom play is gonna make me wish he decided to come back midway through the season.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I know it's fun to hate Cleary but I think Cleary will actually be a very good fourth liner. If he was a fourth liner for an entire season I feel like we might actually start to like him.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I think that second line is the best we can muster so /approve. But a goal from that bottom six would be a gift from above.

my problem with the 2nd line is that tatar is always good for turnover, which is of course ok for a rookie, but he had those in the last games. helm also gave the puck away a few times, which of course is also ok considering he was out for so long. but both together...hm...it's a concern.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I know it's fun to hate Cleary but I think Cleary will actually be a very good fourth liner. If he was a fourth liner for an entire season I feel like we might actually start to like him.

I think he will look even worse. I expect a 4th line to be an energy line with some speed. Speed and Cleary don't mix.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Eh. I feel like our fourth line, when all are healthy, is best served as a fast line. Helm, Miller, Tootoo, Glendening. All are pretty fast. When you've got a line that is low on skill, it's good to load up on speed, which can create chances in and of themselves as we see with Helm all the time. Hands of stone, still creates chances because of his speed.

Cleary is too slow for that. I'd hate him less because he's necessarily killing less offense because he's not on the ice as much, but he'd still not fit on this team anywhere.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I dunno. If 2/3 of the line is fast, it's still a fast line. And Cleary knows how to score garbage goals, so if the other two can get the puck to the net I think Cleary has a decent chance of putting them in once in a while.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Morning practise with D-pairs:

Zeta - Dats - Bert
Tatar - Helm - Alfie
Miller - Andy - Abdelkader
Cleary - Glendy - Eaves

Kronwall - DeKeyser
Quincey - Ouellet
Lashoff - Kindl

Howard

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Finally Babcock sees the light and Cleary's true worth. He can have enough of a leadership role on the 4th line and limited PK.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Can't bet against a team that has a clicking Zetteberg and Datsyuk.

Would love to see the Weiss put up an 8 spot and Fil remain pointless. :laugh:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This would be a tough one to lose. Division rival that's ahead of us, Yzerman, Filppula.. plus it would mean the very tired cycle of losing streaks as long as our winning streaks continues.

I wish that 2nd line could be our 3rd line down the road with Mule-Weiss-Nyquist as the 2nd. Hope they do well.
Howard needs a bounce-back in a big way, against Stamkos that's not easy.

Can't bet against a team that has a clicking Zetteberg and Datsyuk.

Would love to see the Weiss put up an 8 spot and Fil remain pointless. :laugh:
Weiss is out (groin).

nickyno72

Mar 27, 2013
Good on Helm. I believe this to be his first true top six appearance with Z and Pavel healthy, albeit at Weiss's expense, but still it's pretty amazing to think how far he's come from being questionable to ever play again. Looking back at last season it would have sure been nice for Helm's development if he got the ice time that Abby got. He could possibly have become a dangerous 2/3 C, but i'm still excited to see if he can make some magic happen with Tatar and Alfie.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
You guys are the only ones who have given us credit in any GDT I've read so far this season.... therefore we will lose.. badly.

Should be a fun game to watch. GL tonight!

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
You guys are the only ones who have given us credit in any GDT I've read so far this season.... therefore we will lose.. badly.

Should be a fun game to watch. GL tonight!

Not a chance. I bet every player on the Bolts wants to decimate the Red Wings as a tip of the hat to Yzerman. Filppula especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad