GDT: Game #18 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Tampa fan, I agree. Did you guys miss Filppula dancing around 3 red wings to get the puck to Stamkos?

He made one move, then proceeded to take the perimeter and defer it. That's revisionist history.

His most important asset to us has been his ability to get across the blue line with ease, something we've been lacking the previous couple years.

I must have missed that last year.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Unless for some unknown reason they want to sign him next year, they really should just move on. I think he can play better as the season goes on, but then again so can one of the young guys.

I think I would even take a 3rd for him now, let that clear the cap space for Nyquist.

I would take even less than that, I just want him gone. Is Nick Schultz available from Edmonton? Might not be the best option but he has to be better than Quincey.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
You guys are being greedy, asking for a 3rd rounder, or a 1st rounder OHL, for Quincey. I'd be happy to sell him for nothing in return other than the privilege of having a Quinceyless team.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
haha you guys are nuts...nobody is gonna give up anything for quincey, not even a 7th rounder...he is terrible and makes 3M+

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Filppula looked pretty invisible. Lot's of perimeter play, without any good scoring chances. Weak unscreened shots on goal, missed shot, wrap-around try. Best play was that one created chance for Stamkos.

Detroit Sports*

i

lmao!

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
You guys are being greedy, asking for a 3rd rounder, or a 1st rounder OHL, for Quincey. I'd be happy to sell him for nothing in return other than the privilege of having a Quinceyless team.

If we could make his cap hit magically vanish I don't think I'd be opposed to getting nothing in return at this point. We have at least six (Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Kindl, Ouellet, Smith) better defensemen.

I could see people arguing against Smith. At least he has a smaller hit and has upside offensively.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
He made one move, then proceeded to take the perimeter and defer it. That's revisionist history.

One move? He was bringing the puck into the zone all night. He also had 6 shots on goal...you must have not been paying attention....

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Filppula looked pretty invisible. Lot's of perimeter play, without any good scoring chances. Weak unscreened shots on goal, missed shot, wrap-around try. Best play was that one created chance for Stamkos.

I thought he played pretty well tonight, made some chances happen. Kinda even looked like a different player now that he is out of Babcock's system.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
One move? He was bring the puck into the zone all night. He also had 6 shots on goal...you must have not been paying attention....

Talk about overstating his contribution.

Also I can't think of any of his shots which were even chances. But hey, if you just look at the stat sheet he was "great". Sure liked his tip in on the Zetterberg shot especially. :sarcasm:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Well he did have a terrible year last season, and he's been slowing down the last 2 games but none the less he's surprised everyone on our board, he oozes confidence the way he handles the puck this year. Yzerman credits it to the "winning culture" he brought over from Detroit.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Talk about overstating his contribution.

Also I can't think of any of his shots which were even chances. But hey, if you just look at the stat sheet he was "great". Sure liked his tip in on the Zetterberg shot especially. :sarcasm:

He got a stick in the lane and it took it a weird deflection, better than giving an Ovechkin type effort on a play like that wouldn't you say? :sarcasm:

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Well he did have a terrible year last season, and he's been slowing down the last 2 games but none the less he's surprised everyone on our board, he oozes confidence the way he handles the puck this year. Yzerman credits it to the "winning culture" he brought over from Detroit.

I think a change of scenery can do good for certain players. However I don't think he would have been the same player if he took an extension with Detroit.

Today wasn't terrible, but it's not like he was taking the play to the Wings.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Yeah he's Valterri Filpulla, he's 5-11 180 lbs, he is and always has been a perimeter player. He's pretty effective nonetheless.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
He got a stick in the lane and it took it a weird deflection, better than giving an Ovechkin type effort on a play like that wouldn't you say?

I'm not saying it was an Ovechkin type effort, but it was his only contribution to the scoresheet.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think a change of scenery can do good for certain players. However I don't think he would have been the same player if he took an extension with Detroit.

Today wasn't terrible, but it's not like he was taking the play to the Wings.

Definitely not, as I've said he's slowed down the past 2 games as opposed to the jump he had earlier on.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
One move? He was bringing the puck into the zone all night. He also had 6 shots on goal...you must have not been paying attention....

Flip was being Flip... he gained the zone just like he used to for the Wings, and then consistently peeled off for the boards and couldn't dump the puck off fast enough for his liking. Just like he used to for the Wings.

He's the same guy he was in Detroit.

He did have a nice setup to Stamkos. His hands and skating combined with his passive perimeter game get him a fair # of his assists.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hey everyone, great game tonight! You guys have seen some great hockey teams over the years and know what one looks like, so I'm curious, what's your opinion of the Bolts based on what you've seen? Impressed? Not so much? Thanks guys :)

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
We looked great for like the first.. five minutes? Then we pretty much got decimated. Were lucky to get a point, yeah.

Yup. Thought Fredo's turnover at the blueline with 20 seconds left in regulation was going to end the night for the Wings. Howie bailed him out bigtime.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Hey everyone, great game tonight! You guys have seen some great hockey teams over the years and know what one looks like, so I'm curious, what's your opinion of the Bolts based on what you've seen? Impressed? Not so much? Thanks guys :)

Trap trap trap.

In all seriousness, they have some guys who contribute and some not so much. Stamkos and St. Louis are great players, but other than that and a bit by the second line it was a weak offensive game for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad