GDT: Game #18: St. Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Come on, no one scores every night, even Crosby, Malkin and the Pens get shut out when playing a hot goalie. Some times these games just happen, Frank had at least 2 shots, that might have been goals against anyone else. Our team is fine as it is, if Steen, Stast, Backes, Oshie, Bergy, Lindstom still aren't producing when the new year hits, then I'll start to worry. But shutouts happen man, that doesn't mean we don't have enough of the "right players."

That's not what I meant. When you are facing a top goalie when they are on, it's more about the way a player can score, not if they can score 20-30 goals in a season. Tarasenko can do that because his shot is just that good. None of our other players have that type of ability IMO. We need another guy that has a great shot to score a clutch goal when the goalie is stopping everything.

It's a major reason why we've failed in the playoffs. Scoring by commitee doesn't work in critical situations in the playoffs when certain players in the commitee don't elevate their game.

This isn't about this 1 game, it's about a 7 game series against a Quick or a Rask or a Rinne, etc.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
That's not what I meant. When you are facing a top goalie when they are on, it's more about the way a player can score, not if they can score 20-30 goals in a season. Tarasenko can do that because his shot is just that good. None of our other players have that type of ability IMO. We need another guy that has a great shot to score a clutch goal when the goalie is stopping everything.

It's a major reason why we've failed in the playoffs. Scoring by commitee doesn't work in critical situations in the playoffs when certain players in the commitee don't elevate their game.

This isn't about this 1 game, it's about a 7 game series against a Quick or a Rask or a Rinne, etc.

Well Toronto's gonna be selling this year, is JVR that type of scorer? What do you think we would have to give up to get him?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well Toronto's gonna be selling this year, is JVR that type of scorer? What do you think we would have to give up to get him?

Yes, but I don't think he'd be available, especially with how friendly his contract is. He would have a very high price. His value would be how we value Tarasenko or Schwartz IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad