GDT: Game #18: St. Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlblues23*

Well this was a very poor game all-around. Need to regroup or the Habs will kill us.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Damn, Rask decided to come out of his funk tonight.
He's been playing well lately.

That gift goal looms large in this one. Gave them the lead and momentum. Couldnt regroup. Weird game overall and the Blues played into that.

SOG are lopsided, but no puck luck.

stlblues23*

Lol at Kelly and Panger praising Rask. Most of his saves were 100% routine.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Bruins just had better legs, more energy, a better forecheck, and were stronger on the puck, and shot better. You can't win them all. But, with all the skill The Blues have, it is disappointing that they got shut out.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
No second chances. Very little sustained pressure. Very sloppy d play.

Onto Thursday.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The Blues fan in me says he ends up becoming the NYR version of Drury. Ugh. :laugh:

Honestly, that's definitely a possibility. He looks like he doesn't care out there half the time, watching him and Steen battle for the puck is like night and day.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Legless, unwilling, ineffective and sloppiness blues. Easy win to Boston Bruins. We deserved this loose. Tonight STL didnt step up and other lines continue same story.

I just hope they will replay and watch how have we scored on PP (especially STL PP) and how we setup our PP plays tonight.
Why on earth they put Tarasenko on left side and Lehterä were front of net + Scwartz was behind net. Looks like Hitch is pushing that same PP setup to these guys which are affective on corners not on blueline and shoot.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Great job by Rask, and the rest of the Bruins on capitalizing on their chances. The Blues played kinda bad but not terrible like some of you are saying. One game in November. Let's bounce back vs. Montreal

Stelmacki*

Easily the sloppiest game of the year. Maybe this team will realize that shooting shots right into the chest doesn't do anything.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Easily the sloppiest game of the year. Maybe this team will realize that shooting shots right into the chest doesn't do anything.
Yes, they were sloppy but it took a gift goal and a seeing eye shot to beat them. Bruins played well and you cant expect to win every road game.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I'm sick and had to work tonight, so I slept right up to the time I had to get ready, and forgot to post the obligatory Lets Go Blues in the gdt. My bad.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
A very meh game all around. Still waiting on Steen and Stastny to show up. The Backes line was off tonight and obviously the STL line was keyed in on and a defense as good as Boston's will be effective if the rest of the depth scoring doesn't show.

On to Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad