Post-Game Talk: Game 18: Preds (12-4-2) vs. Maple Friends (9-8-2) | 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
9? 9! 9??

Nahhh. Go back to bed. Sleep another hour. Cold water in the face and see the real score.

(Wonder what Trotzie will think when he sees that score)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I was stuck at work tonight, what a game to miss. I checked my phone at the end of the first and didn't get to look at it again until like 11 or so, my jaw hit the floor.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
How long did it take Nystrom and Gaustad to get on the scoresheet this season?
Who was on the ice with Beck for his first goal last night? Gaustad .... check. Nystrom ... check.

He was already on the scoresheet as last night's goals were #2 and #3 this season. And regarding Gaustad and Nystrom, was it not you saying they haven't done anything since the 2nd game?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Uhh...so should I be making the GDT every game?

I work very late most nights, so I've gotten used to avoiding ESPN / etc. after puck drop to treat the GCL recording like a live game. Started the game at 11:30; pretty nice surprise after a terrible day.

I think it was the catfish icegirl hex that did the trick. Someone please add to the GDT template!

Uh...yeah!:yo::yo:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
He was already on the scoresheet as last night's goals were #2 and #3 this season. And regarding Gaustad and Nystrom, was it not you saying they haven't done anything since the 2nd game?

I said they hadn't scored ... not that they haven't done anything. There is a significant difference between the two statements.

It's hilarious to me how dismissive comments such as your "Considering he's played most games with Nystrom and Gaustad or Jokinen" are regularly made, yet Beck's first goal was with Olli on the ice with him and his ES goal last night was with Nystrom and Gaustad. Every ES goal Beck has this season is while playing with the people you try using as a dismissive reason for his lack of goal scoring.

9? 9! 9??

Nahhh. Go back to bed. Sleep another hour. Cold water in the face and see the real score.

(Wonder what Trotzie will think when he sees that score)

I doubt Trotz is too worried about it ... and Preds teams did it twice under his coaching.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I said they hadn't scored ... not that they haven't done anything. There is a significant difference between the two statements.

It's hilarious to me how dismissive comments such as your "Considering he's played most games with Nystrom and Gaustad or Jokinen" are regularly made, yet Beck's first goal was with Olli on the ice with him and his ES goal last night was with Nystrom and Gaustad. Every ES goal Beck has this season is while playing with the people you try using as a dismissive reason for his lack of goal scoring.

You had said it took him until game 18 to get past goal 1 (which I have quoted below), that's when I said "considering he's been playing with Nystrom, Gaustad, and Jokinen" Yes he scored with them this season, in 2 games. That was my point. If he hadn't been with them, but someone else instead, he would likely have a higher point total by now the way he's been playing, but he doesn't due to the fact he currently doesn't have linemates capable of contributing to the scoresheet most nights. I mean you yourself dismissed Nystrom's play in that quote below, yet propped it up in the quote above. I just don't get it.

A great night for the team ... but the fact it took until game 18 for Beck to past goal #1 (he scored twice as many goals tonight as he had prior), for Roy and Jarnkrok to get their first, for Nystrom to end a 15 game streak without a goal ... that is troublesome. One night of every 18 isn't enough. We need the secondary scoring to show up on a regular basis. We need the PP and PK to perform well on a regular basis.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Great to see our secondary scoring come around a little bit. :snide: It is great to see us really take it to another team and not play just good enough to win. I love the Wilson/Jarnkrok/Smith line. They really are playing well together. I am not a big Beck fan but I have to give him credit. He played a great game and scored 2 of the goals that really mattered in this game. I love that PL plays guys that he sees are really having good games more and more. It is motivation for the young guys that if they work hard in the first period they will get more time in the 2nd and not in a few weeks. The trick after this type of win is to keep from having a let down the next game. PL will have the boys ready to go so I'm not to worried about that.

What happens when Fisher comes back? Does he get put with Cullen and Roy and Olli sits or will Olli move to the 4th line and Beck sits? I'm thinking maybe Olli will end up sitting at this point.

Oh yeh and FF9 with another multi point game. The scary thing is he can still improve in some areas but why change a good thing right? What an amazing start to his season!

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Let us count our stathead blessings:
  • Tied mark for most goals in a game with 9. (Look upthread for the other two games.) Nashville has yet to score in double digits, true, but we have yet to have a nine hung on us, either.
  • Tied mark for most goals in the third period with 5. We set the mark against Chicago in that huge come-from-behind game on 12 April 2014.
  • Tied for the highest goal differential in one game (7); the previous two were against the LA Kings - first on 23 December 2006 at the (then) GEC; the second on 8 January 2008 at Staples Center.
  • 12 wins in 18 games ties for the second best start in franchise history, with the 2006-07 squad; only the 2005-06 team took fewer games (17) to hit 12 wins.
  • The 50th goal of the season was scored in this game; the only four other times have the Preds hit 50 in 18 games or less was the post-lockout stretch from '05 to '09. Nashville scored their 50th as a team in 17 (2006), 16 (2007), 18 (2008) and 16 (2009) games during that time frame.
  • Taylor Beck has scored only three goals for Nashville. Two of them were game winners. (Cue "All I Do Is Win" music)
  • Technically, every single goal scored in this game involved either a Predator or former Predator. Mike Santorelli (who broke the shutout for the Laffs) and Cody Franson (who got the second assist on Kadri's goal) were former teammates in Nashville in 2009.
  • There was only one Preds player who didn't get a point or a shot on goal on the night: Pekka.

I love a night like this. It makes keeping the records fun. :)

Oh, by the way, I don't have the capability to immediately figure out if this was a record for most goals scored by the Preds against a relief goaltender - but I suspect it was on the short list. ;)

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
You had said it took him until game 18 to get past goal 1 (which I have quoted below), that's when I said "considering he's been playing with Nystrom, Gaustad, and Jokinen" Yes he scored with them this season, in 2 games. That was my point. If he hadn't been with them, but someone else instead, he would likely have a higher point total by now the way he's been playing, but he doesn't due to the fact he currently doesn't have linemates capable of contributing to the scoresheet most nights. I mean you yourself dismissed Nystrom's play in that quote below, yet propped it up in the quote above. I just don't get it.

Beck is a hustle guy who has yet to score consistently at the NHL level. There was open wondering if he would start the season with the Ads. Now, it's he's being held back. The thing holding Beck back is ..... Taylor Beck.

Last night was the first game in a long time where the first line wasn't the catalyst, if not only thing going, offensively. It was a rare, solid 60 minute game from the team ... unlike the stellar first, woeful second, hold on for the roller coaster third when Edmonton visited the Bridge. All areas worked well.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Beck is a hustle guy who has yet to score consistently at the NHL level. There was open wondering if he would start the season with the Ads. Now, it's he's being held back. The thing holding Beck back is ..... Taylor Beck.

Last night was the first game in a long time where the first line wasn't the catalyst, if not only thing going, offensively. It was a rare, solid 60 minute game from the team ... unlike the stellar first, woeful second, hold on for the roller coaster third when Edmonton visited the Bridge. All areas worked well.

And lets not forget this is the Leafs team that just got shelled by the Sabers. Yes, the worst team in the league just shelled this team as well.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Let us count our stathead blessings:
  • Tied mark for most goals in a game with 9. (Look upthread for the other two games.) Nashville has yet to score in double digits, true, but we have yet to have a nine hung on us, either.
  • Tied mark for most goals in the third period with 5. We set the mark against Chicago in that huge come-from-behind game on 12 April 2014.
  • Tied for the highest goal differential in one game (7); the previous two were against the LA Kings - first on 23 December 2006 at the (then) GEC; the second on 8 January 2008 at Staples Center.
  • 12 wins in 18 games ties for the second best start in franchise history, with the 2006-07 squad; only the 2005-06 team took fewer games (17) to hit 12 wins.
  • The 50th goal of the season was scored in this game; the only four other times have the Preds hit 50 in 18 games or less was the post-lockout stretch from '05 to '09. Nashville scored their 50th as a team in 17 (2006), 16 (2007), 18 (2008) and 16 (2009) games during that time frame.
  • Taylor Beck has scored only three goals for Nashville. Two of them were game winners. (Cue "All I Do Is Win" music)
  • Technically, every single goal scored in this game involved either a Predator or former Predator. Mike Santorelli (who broke the shutout for the Laffs) and Cody Franson (who got the second assist on Kadri's goal) were former teammates in Nashville in 2009.
  • There was only one Preds player who didn't get a point or a shot on goal on the night: Pekka.

I love a night like this. It makes keeping the records fun. :)

Oh, by the way, I don't have the capability to immediately figure out if this was a record for most goals scored by the Preds against a relief goaltender - but I suspect it was on the short list. ;)

False. We beat Det 8-0

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
No problem... hopefully your bonehead media pays attention and doesnt screw Weber out of another Norris...

Media in TO is already apparently having 'fun' with last night's result...
10801473_10152974143386019_426986003338745517_n.jpg

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
of all the funny comments i've read, for some reason the one by the Leaf announcers as the second period was about to start made me laugh the most, "For those of you who just joined us, congratulations." simple, brief and to the point.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
of all the funny comments i've read, for some reason the one by the Leaf announcers as the second period was about to start made me laugh the most, "For those of you who just joined us, congratulations." simple, brief and to the point.
Last week when we led Edmonton 3-0 after the first period, I had a friend tell me that during the intermission their TV guys were like "Let's talk for a minute about what the Oilers did well in the first period......(brief silence)......okay, moving on!"

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Oh, where are my manners? Pie's over there on the table folks. Help yourself--the Preds sure did.

Fun game.

Just don't get too big for your britches and let Ottawa sneak up on you now.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver

Hilarious video from one of the Leafs' most prolific bloggers; Gollum impersonation near the end is amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad