Post-Game Talk: Game 18: Preds (12-4-2) vs. Maple Friends (9-8-2) | 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I just stopped by to say that I dropped Filip Forsberg and Craig Smith at the beginning of my fantasy draft season.

You're welcome, Nashville.

(But a serious congratulations. Huge win.)

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
MTS Centre erupted when they showed the OOT score during intermission. Many apparently not caring that a division rival was going to earn two points. :laugh:

Congrats on the win. You guys/gals have a heckuva team this year.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
That folks, is secondary scoring

A great night for the team ... but the fact it took until game 18 for Beck to past goal #1 (he scored twice as many goals tonight as he had prior), for Roy and Jarnkrok to get their first, for Nystrom to end a 15 game streak without a goal ... that is troublesome. One night of every 18 isn't enough. We need the secondary scoring to show up on a regular basis. We need the PP and PK to perform well on a regular basis.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
A great night for the team ... but the fact it took until game 18 for Beck to past goal #1 (he scored twice as many goals tonight as he had prior), for Roy and Jarnkrok to get their first, for Nystrom to end a 15 game streak without a goal ... that is troublesome. One night of every 18 isn't enough. We need the secondary scoring to show up on a regular basis. We need the PP and PK to perform well on a regular basis.

Considering he's played most games with Nystrom and Gaustad or Jokinen, I don't see how one can fault him for that.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN

Hook has looked good without results. I like the Wilson/smith tandem with him. Better finish. They create space.

Jokinen had a hand in the nystrom goal even if he wasn't on the score sheet.

Truthfully, I expected a slightly above average team at this point who was trying to find its identity. Instead, this is a top team, carried by the top end talent, while the bottom of the roster is devel into a new system. It is improving.

Pp and pk really have to continue to improve or we will get fried in the playoffs.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Great game! The Young guns line showed what they are capable of and Willy had one of those games which makes you think he could be a great player consistently......not buying it this time Willy!

Beck was great. Goose looked like he was having fun fighting. These types of games are good for morale and hopefully gives some confidence to guys like Jarnkork, Wilson, Roy,

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
:biglaugh: Thanks for the entertainment this evening, Predators. :clap:

Oh, and if you guys want a good laugh, check out Randy Carlyle's wikipedia page. Leafs fans are taking turns vandalizing it.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
:biglaugh: Thanks for the entertainment this evening, Predators. :clap:

Oh, and if you guys want a good laugh, check out Randy Carlyle's wikipedia page. Leafs fans are taking turns vandalizing it.

#CarlYOLO :laugh:

Listening to the Toronto radio feed and the questions being asked by the reporters to the players up there would make the Nashville media blush.

Most of the reporters here work for companies associated with Bell or Rogers, our two co-owners, so naturally there will be just generic questions with cookie cutter answers. Nobody to ask the tough questions or dare call out anyone :help:. Just for some clarification.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I hate how ball-less our media is.

Consider it a blessing. (link)

Just got back from post-rink festivities. If I could describe the game with a picture..

tumblr_mqprk2RtNr1qhbzs7o1_250.gif

Was fun getting to see some of the new guys live. Forsberg for a 2nd time aswell. The home rink was pretty dejected early on, so I could easily sit back and watch the boys in gold without having a conflict of interest running through my head. Nice to witness one of Willy's better games in person. Granted, the leafs were a dumpster fire in their own end so I suppose a grain of salt is required. Good times none the less.

Last edited:

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
The worst part about my current schedule is watching game on dvr, but tonight who ****ing cares? lol Absolute ownage of the Laughs. Love this team!

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Uhh...so should I be making the GDT every game?

I work very late most nights, so I've gotten used to avoiding ESPN / etc. after puck drop to treat the GCL recording like a live game. Started the game at 11:30; pretty nice surprise after a terrible day.

I think it was the catfish icegirl hex that did the trick. Someone please add to the GDT template!

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Nice game to be a Predators fan.
We needed more secondary scoring and we got it tonight.
Beck using his size in front of net is nice to see.
Glad the kicking motion rule was softened this past year, I remember some that drove me nuts.

Go Preds.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Fantastic!!! A little disappointed they didn't get the shutout, but the win is more important!

Hope they saved some for Ottawa!

Twice: both 9-4 wins. One at the Igloo in Pittsburgh (3/4/2004) and one at home (3/18/2006 vs. Calgary).

Vs. Pittsburgh: Zidlicky, Erat, Hutchinson, Tootoo, Hamhuis, Hall (twice), Legwand, Sullivan.
Vs. Calgary: Sullivan, Kariya (twice), Nichol, Erat, Johnson, Timonen, Tootoo, Hordichuk.
In this game it was Beck (twice), Roy, Nystrom, Ribeiro, Forsberg, Jarnkrok, Josi, Wilson.

That's weird. In all 3 games that we scored 9 goals we had 8 different goal scorers, with only one guy scoring 2 goals. You would think we would have more than one multi-goal scorer in a 9 goal game.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Legit cup window for the preds, this team may rival the 07 squad boyos

Lupul for your first, he can learn to play some D here and be a top 6 threat for the playoffs

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Nothing entertains more than the Laffs.

I have to give props to the fans though, for cheering a team like this with absolutely no future whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad