Post-Game Talk: Game 18: Preds (12-4-2) vs. Maple Friends (9-8-2) | 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Alright friends; JNTarheels can't do the GDT today and I have the photoshop skills of a sea cucumber, but it's getting too late to not have a GDT. As such, you get this wonderful GDT complete with some standings and my favorite NSH vs. TOR memory:

6UP522Z.png

Trotz' "WHAT!?" reaction at 0:16 is just amazing.

/gamefaceon

TOR just got routed by BUF 6-2; not a great time to be playing them. They're generally an average team, but can be fairly resilient in these situations. We are 1 point behind STL for the Central lead with the same GP. However, STL is on the road @BOS and @MTL for their next two.

Prediction: Preds start slow, but prevail 3-2 in OT to give our Eastern Conference friends a point at least. I swear half of the TOR fans have NSH as their 2nd / Western Conference team.

Catfish powers activate! Go Perds!

fishgif2.gif

Last edited:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
And it's Game 18; the recently bumped STL GDT (Game 16) threw me off. AW / TMI can you edit? I can't seem to through the edit interface.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
And it's Game 18; the recently bumped STL GDT (Game 16) threw me off. AW / TMI can you edit? I can't seem to through the edit interface.

If you go advanced you should be able to edit that. Or double click on the title area in the forum.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'll be at the game tonight. Hitting up the Steamwhistle brewery before hand so don't expect depth analysis. Best case scenario this thing goes to OT.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
We're going to have to contain Kessel for a chance tonight. He's a beast. Hopefully we play better than we did against Peg. I want Hook/Smith to connect for a few.

Go Preds!!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
We're going to have to contain Kessel for a chance tonight. He's a beast. Hopefully we play better than we did against Peg. I want Hook/Smith to connect for a few.

Go Preds!!

I'm more worried about Bernier than I am Kessel. Bernier is 8-2 against the Preds.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

Go Preds!!

Smitty always seems to take advantage of open spaces against the leafs. 3 pts in 3 games. Wouldn't bet against it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
At the game Saturday we were in the all-inclusive zone thingy and met some guys who were visiting from Toronto and they were pretty awesome, and shocked at how much we cared and liked the Preds, in a good way. That and I've always wanted to go to Toronto so they land on my absolutely-no-negativity-towards-them list. I just want to win, but if it went to OT I'd be fine with it.

Smitty always seems to take advantage of open spaces against the leafs. 3 pts in 3 games. Wouldn't bet against it.

As long as there's a goalie.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
I ****ing love you guys. I will happily lose to Nashville any day. Great team and an even better city!:5::cheers:

Been up there one time a few years back and really enjoyed it.
Would love to make it up for a Leafs/Preds game next time.

cheers-1.gif

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I ****ing love you guys. I will happily lose to Nashville any day. Great team and an even better city!:5::cheers:

Okay, I'll take that. Thank you!

I have no clue how we'll do tonight but I do have some pointers: FOCUS. FOCUS. Also, FOCUS. It's Toronto. Make yourselves look good. Might as well.

Here's to no injuries, an exciting game, and at least a point (preferably 2 for the guys in gold).

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yeah Smith was oddly affected by that for a long time. I feel like most guys would laugh it off and own it but it seemed like he felt that he was a kid who crapped his pants in a classroom. Seriously, he looked so dejected and embarrassed that it was almost weird. Then his play suffered. Anyway, I'm glad that's in the past.

BTW this game starts at 6:30 CT. The title says 7:30.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Is this one televised? Charter service rarely gives an accurate guide for what will be showing. If I had a dollar for every time the Preds game was listed as women's basketball I'd be in good shape.

Yes on FSTN, Saturday's game against Florida is not on TV though.

I should add, all road games are on TV this year.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
The 4th line scored!!. Great shot by Beck. Neal got robbed earlier and Cullen had a good chance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad