GDT: Game 18: Germany Vs Russia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | RUS 6 - 1 GER

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The longer this game went without the Russians scoring, the better for the Germans.

This is going to take some of that pressure off the Russian players.

1-0 with a sharp wrister by Marchenko.

If they can get a response before the end of the period I think the pressure would be worse, but that would be a big if.

Huge believer in Askarov, they certainly have their work cut out for them, cannot fall down 2-0 quickly.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I really think Heinzinger has had quite a bad tournament so far. Dont really get why a guy like Gnyp was cut
Honestly don't think there is much of a chance in this one sadly :(

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Funny how the German D are pressuring the opposing blue line against the Russians when they really didn't against the Canadians - it was more of a neutral zone trapping exercise.

Not sure that's a good strategy as the Russians are generating some even and odd-man rushes as a result.

Reactions: jj cale

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Funny how the German D are pressuring the opposing blue line against the Russians when they really didn't against the Canadians - it was more of a neutral zone trapping exercise.

Not sure that's a good strategy as the Russians are generating some even and odd-man rushes as a result.

I don't think it is, our D is not good enough for that

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Germany needs to start making smarter plays, you cannot dance at the line like this. Get it deep, get into the game and weather the storm for a bit, they are getting caught out high and hammered in transition too much.

Totally agree with @NyQuil it is a really bad recipe.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Doesn't look good for the germans as the russians are flying out there, have to think this could be over fairly quickly.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know it is a mens league, but you really wonder why Bokk is having such a tough year, he has looked really good in this tournament. Makes a ton of the right reads and small little plays.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Could see that one coming a mile away.

Russians playing like they're on the PP.

This one could be over in the 1st if the Russians score another one.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Russians are transitioning so well. Absolutely dominating the neutral zone. Winning every single puck battle. unbelievable display by them so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad