GDT: Game 18 - CBJ at MTL - 12 Nov, 7pm

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yes I did. In my book at 938 save percentage earns a number 1 job in place of a guy who usually gives up soft goals and has been known as Korpisoft

I don’t think either guy has played well enough (or consistent enough) to be the #1 guy. That first goal was as bad or worse than anything korpisalo has given up, and I’m not a korpi guy.

I think Elvis earned the next start, but that’s as far as I’ll go. He was pretty good tonight by and large in a tough environment.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I don’t think either guy has played well enough (or consistent enough) to be the #1 guy. That first goal was as bad or worse than anything korpisalo has given up, and I’m not a korpi guy.

I think Elvis earned the next start, but that’s as far as I’ll go. He was pretty good tonight by and large in a tough environment.
That is your opinion, you are entitled to it. I think his play tonight spoke volumes.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Goalie has been probably the least of our problems this season . If we played defensively game in and game out like we did tonight , and had a coach that utilized his skill players , our record would be much better . Elvis was strong tonight , defense was actually sound , your not going to win many games with Wennberg, Jenner, Nash down the middle trying to drive offense.

Oh, and you know those two players that looked like 2 of our best forwards tonight, and scored a beautiful goal , Bemstrom played 10 minutes, and Robinson 8 , Milano with 11 . One game closer to the citgo John

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
If he can play consistently I will be with you. I just can’t get there yet, especially after so little experience
The only way you get experience is by playing. He has the talent, find out what you have. I think you know what you have with Korpi. If Elvis is to have more upside, then why not play him more, thereby becoming the number 1 goalie? Give Elvis some more starts, see if he can get in a zone and on a roll. What other alternative is there? Korpi? A trade for another goalie?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

To be fair, at what point had Elvis been given an opportunity to be consistent? Korpisalo has had his chance. No harm in trying to ride Elvis for a couple of weeks to see what happens. Status quo ain’t working.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
The only way you get experience is by playing. He has the talent, find out what you have. I think you know what you have with Korpi. If Elvis is to have more upside, then why not play him more, thereby becoming the number 1 goalie? Give Elvis some more starts, see if he can get in a zone and on a roll. What other alternative is there? Korpi? A trade for another goalie?

Im with you here.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Goalie has been probably the least of our problems this season . If we played defensively game in and game out like we did tonight , and had a coach that utilized his skill players , our record would be much better . Elvis was strong tonight , defense was actually sound , your not going to win many games with Wennberg, Jenner, Nash down the middle trying to drive offense.

Oh, and you know those two players that looked like 2 of our best forwards tonight, and scored a beautiful goal , Bemstrom played 10 minutes, and Robinson 8 , Milano with 11 . One game closer to the citgo John

Every post is nearly the same

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

For me goalie is a huge question mark and sub-900 save percentage is a problem. But I agree with your points on offense. Playing the 4th line under 9 minutes even strength when they were playing strongly and aggressively and not using Sonny in the SO was classic Torts handling of young players. “Die with the old dogs” is his motto.

Reactions: Fred Glover

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Safe is death Unless your John Tortorella who coaches like a coward . As soon as he marched that lineup out there on the overtime powerplay , I knew the game was lost . Playing Wennberg in overtime just to play defense is another example why this team is going no where under Torts . Someone mentioned a game earlier it’s not the coaches job to develop players at this level, tonight is a perfect example as to why they are wrong. Bemstrom has been our best forward the last 3 games, should have been out there on the powerplay in overtime , with all that space , he gets 10 minutes of ice time , yet was responsible for 50% of the offense tonight . He has confidence , he has a lethal shot , give him a shot to take the next step. Examples like this are why Torts doesn’t develop skilled players .

Reactions: GoJackets1

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Safe is death Unless your John Tortorella who coaches like a coward . As soon as he marched that lineup out there on the overtime powerplay , I knew the game was lost . Playing Wennberg in overtime just to play defense is another example why this team is going no where under Torts . Someone mentioned a game earlier it’s not the coaches job to develop players at this level, tonight is a perfect example as to why they are wrong. Bemstrom has been our best forward the last 3 games, should have been out there on the powerplay in overtime , with all that space , he gets 10 minutes of ice time , yet was responsible for 50% of the offense tonight . He has confidence , he has a lethal shot , give him a shot to take the next step. Examples like this are why Torts doesn’t develop skilled players .

Do you not like Torts?:D

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How bad is this team? Elvis has gotten better with each and every start and still can't buy a win. He deserved this one and they failed him.

The D played better tonight than they have in a while, it made Elvis' job much easier. It wasn't the half dozen 2 on 1s Korpi usually gets.

Edit: Just a comment on tonight's D, I'm not fighting about our goalies.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Are you sure you saw the first goal?

He earned another start, that's it. Nobody earns a number 1 job with one game.
Yes Mr know it all I saw the first goal
It was soft, perhaps deflected
Maybe a knuckle puck
I don’t know
Seeing as many of us have never played hockey I am certain that as the expert here
You have the definitive answer

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad