GDT: Game 18 - CBJ at MTL - 12 Nov, 7pm

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I disagree.
You can put talented guys in positions to be successful early on.Play them on right lines with right linemates and 12 minutes a night in the NHL will be more beneficial than 18 a night in AHL.
I don't know how to prove it, but that is my opinion.
I agree with your overall premise as it applies for the Jackets. Jarmo gave Torts a roster that is reliant on young players and their development for this team to excel as three of them have an offensive ceiling that exceeds that of some veteran players - Boone, Foligno, Nash (guys I like for what they do). And then, of course, there's Wennberg......I'm not sure this team can maximize its success without contributions from a player or two from the youngsters which necessitates more ice time. And if it doesn't work and we're going to go thru a down year, which is where we are if nothing changes, I'd rather it least generate value for the future.

As an aside and totally off topic......While I know Cam will come around, I am concerned about Andy. He's a really good player, but something is awry. It's not so much the lack of scoring as to me that's the result of what I'm seeing - his speed burst not quite there, his more sporadic physical presence and his hands working more like Jenner-hands than Andy-hands.

Reactions: thebus88

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I just read last night was the third 6 on 5 goal we've allowed this young season. Crazy considering every time we go 6 on 5 it also almost always ends up a goal......into our EN.

Reactions: EspenK

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I just read last night was the third 6 on 5 goal we've allowed this young season. Crazy considering every time we go 6 on 5 it also almost always ends up a goal......into our EN.

Per naturalstattrick we're 1 GF 4 GA in 5 v 6 situations, and 1 GF 2 GA in 6 v 5. The 5 v 6 number would seem to be more unusual / concerning.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I totally agree. I said in an earlier post that Milano should be in the shootout. If he can come in against the goalie without having to worry about people defending him, he is very good. The other guy said he can do things with the puck no one else in the NHL can. I just wondered what that is.
Maybe he can skate and chew gum at the same time?

Reactions: Monstershockey

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
dayum! This was tight!

I don't want to say out loud how good this team is because y'all know it. Right?

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I hated this game.

We finally get a goal to go in our favor late in a period/game, and we can't handle the extra-skater situation. We get a power play in overtime, and Atkinson seems like he's allergic to the puck and it leads to the first of TWO shorthanded rushes. I'm actually surprised we made it to the shootout.

As for Elvis/Joonas, I think Korpisalo has been decent so far. He hasn't been Bob, but he's been fine. Our issues are on offense and special teams; not goaltending.

Let's pump the brakes on Merzlikins a little. I like what I've seen in large part, but maybe we should actually let him win an NHL game before we anoint him as the #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->