Pre-Game Talk: GAME #18 - Canucks @ Red Wings - Sunday, February 24th, 2:00 p.m (SPAC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, but what put us at the top in 2011 was Kesler. When he became elite, so did our team (as a whole). While nobody should expect that kind of season again, Kesler can definitely improve his play.

Respectfully, I'm going to disagree. I think what put the team over the top in 2011 was Ehrhoff, and how he buoyed the play of others. He was an offensive catalyst who was greater than the sum of his parts: he brought more to this team than just his goals and assists.

LolClarkson*

Not sure how to smell desolation, but this was about 10 years ago and before the recession that ravaged Detriot. That being said, the downtown core has always been a bit sketchy, but I still love the city as I grew up across the river from it.

MajorCanuck
Cup Please

vCash: 500

Just joking around..

LolClarkson*

Play 'ard and win da turd (in a row).

Wings don't have nearly as much depth as years past, but we still need to be careful of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and the like.

Zetterberg is having another awful year.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Garrison and Ballard aren't a typical "bottom pairing", though. Wasn't there an article posted recently showing that they got more icetime than a lot of 3rd pairings in the league?

Yeah, all of our defensemen have been splitting ES time pretty equally this season. You'd have a tough time finding many teams comfortable enough with their starting 6 defensemen to roll them like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad