Post-Game Talk: Game 18: Avalanche @ Rangers |Nov 13th 5PM MTN| AVS' TANK MASTERS (Past&Present)

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I'm of the opinion that we can't trade RoR soon enough. I was on the fence before, but now I am 100 percent in the trade RoR camp. I could be wrong, but it's time to move on.

Your not wrong. Im starting to get Lindros's family vibes from ROR s dad. But a major move like that wont happen till after the season at the draft. I would be SHOCKED, like electric static shock to see it happen this year.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eh, we'll see. O'Reilly isn't the first pro athlete to have an overly-intrusive parental figure. It'd be nice to see if he can grow past that as a man and as a player. Both Lindros and Barry Zito finally told their parents to shut the hell up, hopefully Ryan does too.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I didn't post it to try and throw O'Reilly under the bus, and I actually agree with the tweet in principle. But I've seen a lot of his matched up with things that are going on with the Avs and ironic given people think Patty is too soft on them.

So one tout and Dater is spent from New Jersey today, huh? Would have been something to report that Roy ride them hard after the Islanders game :dunno:

m0ngr31

McLeod has a very tough job and sacrifices a lot on the ice. He fights, blocks shots, hits, and just takes a lot of abuse all around. I appreciate that about him.

Just not a good hockey player though and it's hard to watch at times. I think I'd appreciate him even more if he was eating nachos in the press box. Only 4 more years......

I just died a little bit inside. :help:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Let's also not forget that ROR loved Sacco, whereas the rest of the team clearly didn't. Always had a feeling there would be a bit of tension between Roy and him, especially b/c he's indicated in past interviews he's not thrilled playing left wing.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I didn't post it to try and throw O'Reilly under the bus, and I actually agree with the tweet in principle. But I've seen a lot of his matched up with things that are going on with the Avs and ironic given people think Patty is too soft on them.

So one tout and Dater is spent from New Jersey today, huh? Would have been something to report that Roy ride them hard after the Islanders game :dunno:

I don't know if any NA media reported about it. Landeskog was quoted in a Swedish paper:

"It was a bag skate. We deserved it. It didn't look good against Islanders and the message was that if we didn't want to work in the games, we have to work in practices instead. And the message was received".

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Let's also not forget that ROR loved Sacco, whereas the rest of the team clearly didn't. Always had a feeling there would be a bit of tension between Roy and him, especially b/c he's indicated in past interviews he's not thrilled playing left wing.

I just don't think ROR sees himself succeeding here in the type of system we play, even though the best season of his career came last season. He looks like he wants to play a dump and chase style of game, and that's not what Roy wants. Maybe ROR just doesn't see the fit here.

Regardless, I'm still of the opinion that he needs to be traded as soon as possible for defensive help

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'm interested to see if people noticed the same thing; haven't read the thread, so I apologize if this is a repeat:

Last night, on not one, but TWO of the NYR goals, Redmond failed to pick up his man and we were scored on from in close.

I'm a big Redmond fan, love his puck moving abilities, and I understand he will have growing pains... but c'mon mannn, simple plays blown

He didn't really fail to pick them up. The first one he was kind of caught trying to be in a spot to cover 2 guys because Talbot had fallen coming out of the box and gave them a decent odd man rush (he should have just worried about that backside guy though- much more dangerous then the guy in the slot). Then in the 2nd one Girardi just straight shoves him out of the way and then Redmond loses the position battle in front of the net. Still bad plays by him though.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Based on what i've seen from ROR thus far im also on the trade him for defensive help train. Pains me to say it because I backed his ass up the entire time but his on ice play and overall body language says he has no interest playing for this team.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I just don't think ROR sees himself succeeding here in the type of system we play, even though the best season of his career came last season. He looks like he wants to play a dump and chase style of game, and that's not what Roy wants. Maybe ROR just doesn't see the fit here.

Regardless, I'm still of the opinion that he needs to be traded as soon as possible for defensive help

ROR was my favorite player before he made the switch from 37 to 90, but I'm coming to the same opinion. I've been watching this team for longer than he's been around and every year it seems like he wants to be here less. The longer we hold on to him, the more his trade value decreases (Not sure what his value is to begin with). IMO there is zero chance he resigns with any team without a huge over payment, the guy wants UFA.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
So... I think he tries to make it seem like he's not talking **** or trying to tell Roy how to do his job but I mean... comon... Who else would he be talking about?

Brian O'Reilly @coachbri1 · 7h 7 hours ago
When teams perform poorly and external psychology is used the team will become less creative more fearful and sabotage success.

Brian O'Reilly @coachbri1 · 7h 7 hours ago
The problem is always in the relationships away from the game or in the change room then it transfers onto the ice or field.

Maybe i'm reading to much into it. Guys a case of something special.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't know if any NA media reported about it. Landeskog was quoted in a Swedish paper:

"It was a bag skate. We deserved it. It didn't look good against Islanders and the message was that if we didn't want to work in the games, we have to work in practices instead. And the message was received".

Duchene said it a couple times but not reported. That's a great quote though. I'm not one for punishment/fear as a motivator but when placed right and it it actually sends a message then it serves a purpose and looks like it did.

ROR loved Sacco? I've never heard this before.

I know guys care about their own wallet/situation/success before anyone else but I can't imagine the guys are too stupid to understand the ROR speculation and situation.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Duchene said it a couple times but not reported. That's a great quote though. I'm not one for punishment/fear as a motivator but when placed right and it it actually sends a message then it serves a purpose and looks like it did.

worked last night but if they lay an egg in Jersey then....

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I could have sworn I read something where O'Reilly was very complimentary of Sacco--it went beyond the usual lip service paid to coaches. Unfortunately a cursory Google search brings up a ton of articles that just say "harder to play against."

I'm really mystified as to why Duchene doesn't have a letter on his jersey yet. He's shown more leadership skills IMO than anyone else in that locker room, apart from Iggy I guess. But whatever...in due time I suppose.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Then what do you do? Can't bag skate them every other practice, it loses it's purpose.

I dont think they will. Games against Jersey are guaranteed to be 2-1.

Thats what I mean. The bag skate would serve its purpose if from here on out they play well but if they lay an egg tmmrw then this team really is no different then the Sacco led teams. I recall Commander Sacco bag skating them often. Even seen videos on YT of it.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

I know guys care about their own wallet/situation/success before anyone else but I can't imagine the guys are too stupid to understand the ROR speculation and situation.

ROR was said to have liked him quite a bit back during the 1st round of negotiations. Which is funny because if he's venting to his dad he's getting lazy. I remember multiple Avs players getting hurt during bag skates from Sacco. :laugh:

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Based on what i've seen from ROR thus far im also on the trade him for defensive help train. Pains me to say it because I backed his ass up the entire time but his on ice play and overall body language says he has no interest playing for this team.

Yeah, I know what you are saying.......he was a my favorite player a couple of years ago. Oh well.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
ROR was my favorite player before he made the switch from 37 to 90, but I'm coming to the same opinion. I've been watching this team for longer than he's been around and every year it seems like he wants to be here less. The longer we hold on to him, the more his trade value decreases (Not sure what his value is to begin with). IMO there is zero chance he resigns with any team without a huge over payment, the guy wants UFA.

If he wants UFA he sure isn't playing for more $$ given his performance this season. If he's traded and picks up his play significantly then he's a d-bag and good riddance for whatever we can get for him.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I'm sure Roy wouldn't mind tweeting at Papa Money Bags and tell him to shut up and sit in the corner.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
So... I think he tries to make it seem like he's not talking **** or trying to tell Roy how to do his job but I mean... comon... Who else would he be talking about?

Maybe i'm reading to much into it. Guys a case of something special.

Yeah, agreed. Pretty hard to imagine it just happens to be someone else.

Dude's a whackjob.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
If he wants UFA he sure isn't playing for more $$ given his performance this season. If he's traded and picks up his play significantly then he's a d-bag and good riddance for whatever we can get for him.

You can pretty much bet your house on that part . If we trade O'reilly be sure that he will play his ass out for his new team. Everyone arround the NHL will look at the Avs , the return they got in the trade, and make fun of us .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You can pretty much bet your house on that part . If we trade O'reilly be sure that he will play his ass out for his new team. Everyone arround the NHL will look at the Avs , the return they got in the trade, and make fun of us .

Eh, who cares? If ROR has told patty and joe he's going to leave in FA then it doesn't matter what the rest of hte league says. If there's still a chance to keep him, we should take that gamble since he won't return anything in trade that's nearly as valuable or actually addresses anything significant.

FoppaForsberg*

Yup, loved ROR. Just has the hockey face, missing tooth, big beard, team player. but now? You can tell he doesn't want to be here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad