Post-Game Talk: Game 18: Avalanche @ Rangers |Nov 13th 5PM MTN| AVS' TANK MASTERS (Past&Present)

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
How many games have you seen? Sounds like you are just basing this on stats. Duchene has been robbed so many times. He should be around PPG. Very unlucky. Pretty much nobody is on same level as Tavares. That's not knock on Duchene.

Not to mention most of Duchene's linemates has been OFF. I think Duchene is on same level as last season. He just hasn't hit the net as well, but otherwise looks just as good.

I have seen most of them...jobless in Bangkok, with GCL and games are in the mornings here :). He has looked solid, but to me, a top 3 pick "beasting it" would put him at the top of the scoring in the league. Yes, he has struggled burying it...and that is my point...beasting it means he is getting it in. His linemates are questionable, though not as bad individually as some here make them out to be (myself included in some posts). Collectively, they have stunk, and that is partially on the "beasting" play-maker.

He has been the best forward on the team, no doubt. And possibly overall, but EJ and Varly might beat him out for that. But to say that he is playing on the level of old-school Forsberg or Sakic is stretching it. And that is what beasting it means to me for the teams best player, though maybe my expectations are too high, for a 3rd overall pick to play like a 6th or a 15th.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I have seen most of them...jobless in Bangkok, with GCL and games are in the mornings here :). He has looked solid, but to me, a top 3 pick "beasting it" would put him at the top of the scoring in the league. Yes, he has struggled burying it...and that is my point...beasting it means he is getting it in. His linemates are questionable, though not as bad individually as some here make them out to be (myself included in some posts). Collectively, they have stunk, and that is partially on the "beasting" play-maker.

He has been the best forward on the team, no doubt. And possibly overall, but EJ and Varly might beat him out for that. But to say that he is playing on the level of old-school Forsberg or Sakic is stretching it. And that is what beasting it means to me for the teams best player, though maybe my expectations are too high, for a 3rd overall pick to play like a 6th or a 15th.

What? When did I say this? I just said Duchene's level should be around PPG, which he has been for 1,5 seasons now or two seasons.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
So I went back to look at who was giving the rangers the puck. Tracked basic turnovers (a bad pass, a fumbled puck, a lost puck battle that should have been won, a pass that a player should have controlled, etc) and turnovers that were more meant to just get the puck into the next zone (chips out of the Dzone, dump and chase that is lost, etc).

Name- Dzone/Nzone/Ozone= total basic turnovers + zone moving turnovers= overall total

MacKinnon- 0/4/9= 13 + 0= 13
Duchene----2/1/8= 11 + 1= 12
Tanguay-----1/1/9= 11 + 0= 11
Landeskog--1/5/4= 10 + 1= 11
Johnson-----3/4/1= 8 + 6= 14
Iginla--------0/1/6= 7 + 1 = 8
Holden-------1/2/3= 6 + 2= 8
Barrie--------0/3/3= 6 + 1= 7
Briere--------0/2/4= 6 + 3= 9
Mitchell------2/2/2= 6 + 0= 6
Hedja--------2/1/2= 5 + 2= 7
Talbot--------2/1/2= 5 + 2= 7
Redmond----1/1/2= 4 + 1= 5
Cliche--------2/0/2= 4 + 3= 7
O'Reilly------0/2/2= 4 + 3= 7
Guenin------1/0/1= 2 + 1= 3
McLeod------0/1/1= 2 + 2= 4
McGinn------0/1/0= 1 + 2= 3

Take from this whatever you like. Feel free to ask how I scored a particular type of play.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wouldn't you say those that carry the puck more would have more turnovers. Like McGinn for example never carries the puck so that's a big reason why he's at the bottom of the list and not because he's the best defensively on the team.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wouldn't you say those that carry the puck more would have more turnovers. Like McGinn for example never carries the puck so that's a big reason why he's at the bottom of the list and not because he's the best defensively on the team.

This was my first thought...

O'Reilly's position on that list also would go against that, or maybe not? Is he not carrying the puck? I guess I'd also say that if you're always chasing then you might be low on that list is as well.

It would be interesting to see individual possession numbers along with these.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just from my impression that O'Reilly doesn't carry the puck when he's with specific line mates, Duchene in particular. I know when he was centering the other line he tried to carry it more.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just from my impression that O'Reilly doesn't carry the puck when he's with specific line mates, Duchene in particular. I know when he was centering the other line he tried to carry it more.

I'd agree with that as well, and I'd guess that is one of the reasons him and Landeskog have worked so well in the past.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Absolutely. I would say it's more about the number of touches than the actual possession though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad