GDT: Game 18 - Avalanche @ Jets - Must Win(nipeg)

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
So Nathan mackinnon 4 point game was the third biggest story of the game (granted realistically that should be above makar’s crazy goal)

Reactions: MacBradley

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
CANES FAN IN PEACE.

I WISH FRANCOUZ SPEEDY RECOVERY.

MURDER SCHEIFELE ON YOUR NEXT ENCOUNTER. LIKE... NOT INJURE HIM, BUT PUT SOME FEAR IN GOD INTO HIS SOUL.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I have no idea what needs to be going through a veteran's defenseman's head in order for him to think that trying to play the puck to the middle of the ice from the boards is good idea.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Ok :laugh:

Ye one of the announcers called him Nick Warner for like a full period too. :DD
Yeah our announcers are miserable bad. Can't remember names, can't even tell who the players are half the time so they make it up or hope it's MacKinnon, can't follow the play they always seem behind the action. It's just bad. It's too bad too the radio guy seems pretty good but no one really ever gets to hear him.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Boy you could’ve heard a pin drop in MTS last night. Even when the Jets poured it on late it still didn’t feel like the crowd was getting into it.

Except for this guy

Attachments

• 9155437F-2B6F-450B-A41A-D9BD061E6099.jpeg
    9155437F-2B6F-450B-A41A-D9BD061E6099.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How about Nathan Mackinnon asking where the puck is and then presenting it to Werner with a quick little speech.

Nate becomes a better pro with each passing day. It’s also notable that he went out for the ceremonial puck drop. Would have thought they’d send EJ. Nate is not only a world class player, but it seems he’s becoming a real good leader too.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
How about Nathan Mackinnon asking where the puck is and then presenting it to Werner with a quick little speech.

Nate becomes a better pro with each passing day. It’s also notable that he went out for the ceremonial puck drop. Would have thought they’d send EJ. Nate is not only a world class player, but it seems he’s becoming a real good leader too.

I missed this :(

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

If you watched right after Frank got hurt, MacK was right over to Werner pumping him up. It is pretty awesome that Werner stepped right in and played well.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Great game by Werner he looked like Roy out there with his poise :thumbu: and loved when Laines shoots looked like eating peanuts for Werner

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They going play a pissed off McDavid and Drai. Would be interesting to see how he does against the best two players in the league right now.
True, but if they can shut those two down, they'll beat Edmonton. Just limit McDavid to like one or two points, and there is a good chance you'll win the game. Of course that's easier said than done

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

I was talking to my wife about this towards the end of the game, oddly enough. Nate has really stepped up in the leadership department lately, and I think he's been a major catalyst in keeping the room together after all of these injuries.

And not to take anything away from Nate, but holy crap, the Avs absolutely love their leader types. EJ, Cole, Jost, Makar, Landy, Rantanen, Mack, Bellemare, Calvert, LOC, Byram, Newhook. If I'm not wrong, these guys have all worn letters for previous teams, and some of them have even worn letters during international competition. That must be the most focused, supportive, tight, yet somehow laid back locker room in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad