GDT: Game 18 - Avalanche @ Jets - Must Win(nipeg)

SourRich

Nov 13, 2019
Pooch belly, skinny arms and all, Werner did all he needed. If you are big, less chances will go in, especially in our system.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Calvert isn't a 1st liner but you've got to keep this line together so long as they're rolling. Calvert and Donskoi seem to understand that if the puck is in deep, get on your ****ing horse, go win that battle and give it to 29.

If you could roll out Landeskog-Kadri-Rantanen, I think that's unbelievable depth.

Granted, I think they go right back to 9229 when (if?) this team gets healthy. But something to consider for sure.

Also, Erik Johnson. Holy ****. Did nobody tell this guy growing up not to make blind passes up the middle of the ice in your own zone?

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado

giphy.gif

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
We should put Landeskog and Rantanen beside Kadri when we're healthy.
Calvert-MacKinnon-Donskoi
Landeskog-Kadri-Rantanen

Gives us two legit lines. MacKinnon and Rantanen will still play together on the PP.
The top line is only working because Mack is playing godly right now and anyone there would work. One of rants or landeskog should be with him.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
The top line is only working because Mack is playing godly right now and anyone there would work. One of rants or landeskog should be with him.

Yeah, I don't necessarily think this is a long-term thing, but hey, the fact that this is working AT ALL is fantastic news.

I still think they should try Kadri with MacK's current wingers once both Landy and Rants are healthy.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think it's crazy talk to think about keeping Calvert on the top line when everyone is healthy. Love the guy, but this isn't going to last and we know for a fact that Rantanen plays very well with MacKinnon, to say nothing of the proven success of 9296. I think Donskoi has clearly earned Landy's spot on the left side until he's back, but Rantanen should replace Calvert as soon as possible if we're going to ice the best lines possible.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think it's crazy talk to think about keeping Calvert on the top line when everyone is healthy. Love the guy, but this isn't going to last and we know for a fact that Rantanen plays very well with MacKinnon, to say nothing of the proven success of 9296. I think Donskoi has clearly earned Landy's spot on the left side until he's back, but Rantanen should replace Calvert as soon as possible if we're going to ice the best lines possible.
Donskoi should be a 3rd liner if/when we get help on the top 6 and Calvert back on the 4th line when everyone is healthy.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Ya Calvert and Donskoi shouldn't be on the top line, but it is nice to know that this line could be used to change things up (for a few shifts) sometimes if the team is having a bad game or needs a jumpstart. Better than having to watch us try Jost up the line again and again lol.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I love Landeskog but I think it would be best for Colorado trying to build a strong second line with him and Kadri. A line like that could be invaluable in playoffs where things are more physical.

MacKinnon is perhaps already a top ten forward for me all time, I simply like how he is playing he hockey, he is hmm "powerful", optimal Canadian type of power forward. Perhaps a little bit unconsistent/streaky but you can't dominate every single game, Forsberg didn't do that and neither is MacKinnon. Comparing to Forsberg I don't mind MacKinnon focusing more on scoring comparing to hitting. MacKinnon is so f×cking strong with speed he doesn't need to, power forward style, skating/breaking/crushing/slicing through defense, whatever it takes.

Last edited:
Reactions: nihlify

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->