GDT: Game 18 - Avalanche @ Jets - Must Win(nipeg)

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Would it be so crazy to keep Mack with Calvert & Donkey once Landy & Rants get back? I feel he is just at his best when he is taking over the play and not deferring too much. He knows he is the guy out there. Gives us 2 really legit lines. At least it leaves us with known options if we need to shake things up in the playoffs or mid-game.

Calvert - Mack - Donsk
Landy - Naz - Rants
Wilson - Jost - Compher
Nieto - Bellemare - Burka
Kam, Nuke

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Would it be so crazy to keep Mack with Calvert & Donkey once Landy & Rants get back? I feel he is just at his best when he is taking over the play and not deferring too much. He knows he is the guy out there. Gives us 2 really legit lines. At least it leaves us with known options if we need to shake things up in the playoffs or mid-game.

Calvert - Mack - Donsk
Landy - Naz - Rants
Wilson - Jost - Compher
Nieto - Bellemare - Burka
Kam, Nuke
Even when he gets resurrected from the dead, I would actually not put Wilson back in. Nuke is actually playing well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Great the first game of the year I miss cuz I have to work an 11 hour shift and I miss Werner absolutely dominate. Oh well should be a fun rewatch!

Reactions: MacBradley

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Ryker broke down Nate's first in the postgame and said Calvert had a ‘breakaway’ because there was no one between him and the net. I like Rycroft, but dude no, Calvert would have been smothered instantly. Having the senses to just slide it right on MacKinnon’s stick for a quick shot was clutch.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
We should put Landeskog and Rantanen beside Kadri when we're healthy.
Calvert-MacKinnon-Donskoi
Landeskog-Kadri-Rantanen

Gives us two legit lines. MacKinnon and Rantanen will still play together on the PP.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I was on a flight all but the first 30 seconds of the game, so all I knew is that we just put in Werner. Man, I can’t wait to watch the highlights when I get home.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Are you guys serious about putting Calvert on the first line long term? Because if you are that's pretty ridiculous.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hi Avs fans. What do you think what happens to Donskoi after Rantanen (+Landeskog) comes back?
-for example: what are the chances that he'll stays in the 1st line? -> Donskoi-MacKinnon-Rantanen?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
We should put Landeskog and Rantanen beside Kadri when we're healthy.
Calvert-MacKinnon-Donskoi
Landeskog-Kadri-Rantanen

Gives us two legit lines. MacKinnon and Rantanen will still play together on the PP.
I don’t think Bednar is able to keep that going if things go south. He’ll have Rantanen back beside Mackinnon after the first goal against.

we’re seeing these lines because he has no other choice. The chances that Calvert-Mack-Dong would have ever been discovered without injuries is zero, and it will disappear as soon Rantanen comes back.

I would love to see Rants beside Kadri, and I think it makes us a more dynamic team, but I don’t expect it.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hi Avs fans. What do you think what happens to Donskoi after Rantanen (+Landeskog) comes back?
-for example: what are the chances that he'll stays in the 1st line? -> Donskoi-MacKinnon-Rantanen?
Landy will be out for longer than Rantanen, so I'd say it's pretty likely that Donskoi-MacKinnon-Rantanen is going to be a thing for a little while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad