Pre-Game Talk: Game #18: Arizona Coyotes @ Vancouver Canucks | Fri Nov 14/14 7PM SNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
large.png
@
large.png

(15GP 6-8-1 | 6th Pacific) (17GP 12-5-0 | 1st Pacific)

WHEN: Friday, November 14th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TSN 1040

Vancouver Canucks (unconfirmed)
8467875.jpg
-
8467876.jpg
-
8468085.jpg

8470274.jpg
-
8474009.jpg
-
8470358.jpg

8473574.jpg
-
8470755.jpg
-
8471498.jpg

8475223.jpg
-
8477500.jpg
-
8476482.jpg

8471303.jpg
-
8475690.jpg

8469465.jpg
-
8469598.jpg

8475598.jpg
-
8474134.jpg

8468011.jpg

8475663.jpg

7fsKQVR.gif

Arizona Coyotes:

Rieder - Vermette - Doan
McMillan - Hanzal - Erat
Korpikoski - Gagner - Boedker
Chipchura - Vitale - Crombeen

Ekman-Larsson - Michalek
Yandle - Murphy
Gormley - Stone

Smith
Dubnyk

Notes:
- Brendan DeFazio has been re-assigned to Utica, Radim Vrbata is practicing with team.
- Zack Kassian has a lower body injury and is questionable for this game.
- Luca Sbisa (undisclosed) is questionable for this game.
- Derek Dorsett (undisclosed) is questionable for this game.

Streams:

http://hockeyreality.com/stream.html
http://nutjob.net/hockey
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/ice-hockey.html
http://atdhe.ru/hockey
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/29-NHL-Icehockey

Last edited:

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I wish there was more info about the injuries. I know the goal is to get into the playoffs, but that doesn't mean they have to go into playoff mode regarding injuries... yeesh.

Hoping for Willie to start rolling 4 lines again.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Sounds like kass or vrbata will be good to go..

@UticaComets: The @VanCanucks have rassigned Brandon DeFazio to the #Comets.

Release: http://t.co/gWjlkR3LEH

Good news (well, not for DeFazio, but you know).

Thought he showed well in his two games; was a little surprised that the fourth line got such little ice-time last night seeing as they had a few good pressure shifts in the offensive zone. I guess they gave up a bit as well, but regardless.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Must win this one. Make the gap bigger against a division rival. Hopefully we're healthy and ready to go

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
The Coyotes are looking thin on talent - that being said, Tippett has managed to always squeeze a lot out of their group, so can't be taken lightly.

Jun 15, 2014
We need to leave it all out there tonight. 4 days off after this game, it'd be nice to end this stretch with a convincing W.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I never get tired of watching that goal!
The team's on a roll. Need to tighten up the defence and the goaltending rebounds a bit and we should be fine. Goal scoring has not been an issue.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The Coyotes always seem to play well against us regardless of how good their team actually is. It would be nice to run them out of the building one of these days.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Thought he showed well in his two games; was a little surprised that the fourth line got such little ice-time last night seeing as they had a few good pressure shifts in the offensive zone. I guess they gave up a bit as well, but regardless.
I heard some of the post game interview on 1040 this morning. The 'Stache said it wasn't because they weren't playing well. He said he was putting others on the ice because he was matchine lines with those that Ottawa was putting out frequently.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

Keep in mind that they have two off days and only two games in seven nights....Willie may have been more willing to increase the overtime of the top three lines because of it.

Edit: sort of fits with the post above...willing to match all night while not having to worry about time.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I heard some of the post game interview on 1040 this morning. The 'Stache said it wasn't because they weren't playing well. He said he was putting others on the ice because he was matchine lines with those that Ottawa was putting out frequently.

Even if you go by that reasoning, it still doesn't make sense because even the two players with the least amount of ice time for the Sens, Z. Smith and C. Neil had 10 minutes of ice time, with only Smith getting an additional 43 seconds of PK time.

That means even if he was matching lines based on what the Sens were using, our 4th line still should've had 9 minutes of ES ice time (assuming that's the line he wanted it matched up against, because if it were any other, than it just further proves the point).

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

Hehe, Its not that they were not playing well, its just that I was matching lines and the 4th line was not matched up with anyone...

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Even if you go by that reasoning, it still doesn't make sense because even the two players with the least amount of ice time for the Sens, Z. Smith and C. Neil had 10 minutes of ice time, with only Smith getting an additional 43 seconds of PK time.

That means even if he was matching lines based on what the Sens were using, our 4th line still should've had 9 minutes of ES ice time (assuming that's the line he wanted it matched up against, because if it were any other, than it just further proves the point).

Hehe, Its not that they were not playing well, its just that I was matching lines and the 4th line was not matched up with anyone...
Do not doubt or question The 'Stache.

Domecile

Opinion != Fact
Jul 9, 2014
Delta
‏@BradZiemer
DeFazio sent to Utica by #Canucks. Vrbata said last night he was expecting to play on Friday.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
‏@BradZiemer
DeFazio sent to Utica by #Canucks. Vrbata said last night he was expecting to play on Friday.

If Vrbata was a better teammate he would have waited until Friday to declare he's ready so Defazio could have collected 2 more NHL paydays.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I wonder if any one to go after Hanzal? Probably not a good idea tho. I hope willie d doesnt let the boys under estimat the coyotes could see it similar to the ottawa game. If hes the real deal coach could see us thrashering the coyotes 6-2 with goals by Vrbata Bonino (2) burrows Edler Richy. If not prepared and similar to the sens game will be 3-2 for us with goals by Higgins Henrick and Hamuis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad